• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
At what dollar amount would you start to consider it not as good of a value? 55K? 60K? 65K? 70K?

I think at first all most all dealers are going to be 52-54K before taxes.
I think up to 50k (before taxes) it is decent value, so I have no problems with where they set MSRP. Beyond 50k, the value is not great.
Sponsored

STEye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW CTR FL5

Amazon reported their earnings and forecast is awful. If you're living paycheck to paycheck, maybe you should think twice about that expensive purchase. We're gonna have a rocky 2023.
While I agree with you I will say that people will do what they want to do. Not worth trying to convince them.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Anyone thought about importing from Canada? It's roughly $38k with the current exchange rate...

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit

Amazon reported their earnings and forecast is awful. If you're living paycheck to paycheck, maybe you should think twice about that expensive purchase. We're gonna have a rocky 2023.
Yikes
 such deep discount. let me think about AMZ long term.

Jimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2019
Anyone thought about importing from Canada? It's roughly $38k with the current exchange rate...
Keep in mind provincial taxes and other fees. Also keep in mind less than 600 are coming into Canada over the next 3 years
..and you won’t get your warranty transferred to the US. You will need to drive back into Canada for any warranty work.

WeudS

First Name
Daoud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 RR CTR, (Sold)2021 RR CTR, 2011 Tahoe LTZ

Puts are printing!

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I looked into this with the Si. It’s basically impossible without working with a broker or having a Canadian willing to register it to a Canadian address for at least 6 months. The vehicle import rules are designed to allow for people who actually move country to country to bring their cars with them.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback sport
I looked into this with the Si. It’s basically impossible without working with a broker or having a Canadian willing to register it to a Canadian address for at least 6 months. The vehicle import rules are designed to allow for people who actually move country to country to bring their cars with them.
Yea it’s basically impossible. When I sold my RSX type S a guy from Colorado wanted to buy it. Acura and Honda both wouldn’t write the letter saying it meets US safety demands. They told me they only do this when a person is moving countries and need to get the car register to insure in the US.

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Yea it’s basically impossible. When I sold my RSX type S a guy from Colorado wanted to buy it. Acura and Honda both wouldn’t write the letter saying it meets US safety demands. They told me they only do this when a person is moving countries and need to get the car register to insure in the US.
Yup. I actually got to the point where they said they would issue the letter on the Si with the following:

1) had to get a TPMS system installed because the US required it

2) had to be registered in Canada for at least 6 months

Plus you have to consider that you wouldn’t be able to finance with a Canadian lender. I’ve heard about exceptions with international banks but never saw anyone actually prove this was possible.

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
who is the new “Average” buyer of the type r?
I have a feeling it's been shifting or will shift more towards collectors than enthusiasts. Last ICE Type R blah blah blah and all that probably have more people hyped about this car than there would've been for FK8, for example.

1. Probably the only notable improvement, not work 7k
2. it looks ugly
3. the FK8 had every panel different/modified from base so this point is moot
4. most people go aftermarket exhaust (this shouldn't cost the company much anyway)
5. the old FK8 seats were more stylish and comfortable and held you better
6. standard expectation for a new generation
7. I would say a daily improvement but a downgrade from the track compared to the contienentals, they cost the same anyways moot point.
8. these were standard on the FK8, i got blasted ask me how I know. This isn't something new
7. This is a claimed improvement only, real world results beg to differ.
8-10. all of these are software features there's existing hardware to support this in the fk8
11. comes with the new universal platform that looks ugly and came at the cost of performance. this vehicle is not as nimble, fast or capable as the FK8
12. Factory touring stereo was garbage but I believe this is to be nicer garbage. Not worth the price
Enjoy your FK8! :)

Even if you can meet the import rules, good luck getting through RoidRage, POPNTEC, and all the other Canadians first.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
1. Probably the only notable improvement, not work 7k
2. it looks ugly
3. the FK8 had every panel different/modified from base so this point is moot
4. most people go aftermarket exhaust (this shouldn't cost the company much anyway)
5. the old FK8 seats were more stylish and comfortable and held you better
6. standard expectation for a new generation
7. I would say a daily improvement but a downgrade from the track compared to the contienentals, they cost the same anyways moot point.
8. these were standard on the FK8, i got blasted ask me how I know. This isn't something new
7. This is a claimed improvement only, real world results beg to differ.
8-10. all of these are software features there's existing hardware to support this in the fk8
11. comes with the new universal platform that looks ugly and came at the cost of performance. this vehicle is not as nimble, fast or capable as the FK8
12. Factory touring stereo was garbage but I believe this is to be nicer garbage. Not worth the price
Whiny magoo

mcharity

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I have a feeling it's been shifting or will shift more towards collectors than enthusiasts. Last ICE Type R blah blah blah and all that probably have more people hyped about this car than there would've been for FK8, for example.
I always thought collects(or perhaps investors) of cars like these were nuts. If they’ve got 50k to invest it’d be much safer in a high interest savings account than placed into a car that needs to be sheltered, insured and maintained. The S2000 is about 20 years old and even now only the very best examples (CR’s excluded) are selling for their original sticker. After you factor in maybe 750$ a year for 20 years in insurance and maintenance on a car you don’t drive you’ve spent 15k which completely wipes out any appreciation.

These cars are still mass produced

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
I always thought collects(or perhaps investors) of cars like these were nuts. If they’ve got 50k to invest it’d be much safer in a high interest savings account than placed into a car that needs to be sheltered, insured and maintained. The S2000 is about 20 years old and even now only the very best examples (CR’s excluded) are selling for their original sticker. After you factor in maybe 750$ a year for 20 years in insurance and maintenance on a car you don’t drive you’ve spent 15k which completely wipes out any appreciation.

You're not wrong, but pretty much any kind of speculative mood is fueled by idiots at the bottom, and that especially includes people eyeing a brand-new $50k Civic like it's an SLS or something.

pawnstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR

What are your thoughts on the FK8 LE? Do you think it will appreciate similar to the s2000 CRs? I'm wondering if Honda will make a limited model for the FL5.
Sponsored