• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

mcharity

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
What are your thoughts on the FK8 LE? Do you think it will appreciate similar to the s2000 CRs? I'm wondering if Honda will make a limited model for the FL5.
Honestly I don’t. Simply for the fact that a lot of people bought it hoping that it will appreciate. The cars with the biggest appreciations all went through a period during which they were worthless. During that period they were owned by people who typically didn’t care for the car or couldn’t afford maintenance and afterwards very few clean examples existed. It was only then that the clean examples became rare.

ex. The reason Charizard Pokémon cards are expensive isn’t because they were super rare. It’s because they were given to 5 year olds who destroyed them with no consideration to future value. It’s only 20-30 years later that these 5 year olds have money to spend trying to relive their youth.

Every big money car from the original NSX to the 05 Ford GT to the Ferrari 250 has gone through this process
Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec

Jimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2019
Isn’t it funny that the car is for sale at dealerships however Honda still is hiding the Nürburgring lap time and performance stats on the car?

Just seems odd and almost silly to me anyways. Like…. Just release to information lol

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
I’ve wanted this car for two years, am a lifelong Honda fan, and suddenly am thinking “Ford Maverick + P-car” instead of paying $60k OTD for a Type R. What a sad day. Haha

mcharity

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
What savings account would you recommend? Most have been paying fraction of a %
It’s more just a philosophy than real advice. My savings with “Marcus” is currently at 2.35% i assume there’s higher interest rates out there but it’s not worth it for me to jump around.
The fact is owning a car comes with so many “outside cost” that most vehicles as investments just don’t make sense. You’ve still gotta pay registration, insurance, maintenance on it. Plus keep the car covered and keep rodents from it. Then pay for all that stuff for 20 years pray no freak accident happens and just maybe if you’re lucky you’ll sell the car for what you bought it for. Of course you’d still be out the insurance and maintenance cost.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
Wow how did he even get one so fast

No idea. But the survey on FB of what guys said they are willing to pay over MSRP to get one is insane. LOTS of people are ready to drop 15-25K over if they can get their hands on one. No way I'll ever get one for MSRP unless the economy absoletely tanks in the next year.

mcharity

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I’ve wanted this car for two years, am a lifelong Honda fan, and suddenly am thinking “Ford Maverick + P-car” instead of paying $60k OTD for a Type R. What a sad day. Haha
Honestly same. I’m thinking base Maverick maaaaybe an awd with tow package. And a base MX5 as a track/autocross car that I can get at S plan price.

the maverick can be the daily, tow, detail rig. I can get both of those for right around 50k OTD. But I’ll have 2 vehicles instead.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
It’s more just a philosophy than real advice. My savings with “Marcus” is currently at 2.35% i assume there’s higher interest rates out there but it’s not worth it for me to jump around.
The fact is owning a car comes with so many “outside cost” that most vehicles as investments just don’t make sense. You’ve still gotta pay registration, insurance, maintenance on it. Plus keep the car covered and keep rodents from it. Then pay for all that stuff for 20 years pray no freak accident happens and just maybe if you’re lucky you’ll sell the car for what you bought it for. Of course you’d still be out the insurance and maintenance cost.

I use Marcus as well, they are always in the top rankings on %.

Yeah if you plan on playing the long game with a car it needs to be an exotic.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Isnt there a wait for mavericks? My coworker put a rezzy 6months ago but still haven’t got the order

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
Average joe who likes a sports car wont be crazy enough to drop 15k usd over MSRP. We will see in 4 months I guess. I still think in 4 to 5 month youll easily get one 5k over and maybe at MSRP if you're patient enough.

Guess if I'm wrong I'll be buying the case of beer lol ;p
I don't think average Joes ever looked at CTRs at all. They'd want two doors and maybe a top that comes down. Something like a base C300 cabrio or whatever.

What savings account would you recommend? Most have been paying fraction of a %
Mine pays 2.55%. Doesn't hurt to shop around for a new bank with higher rates.

i-bonds, paying 10% currently (it resets every 6 months based on CPI).
But no more time left to buy in at the current rate. The money is locked up for 5 years, unless you pay a penalty, and TD's website/customer service is dog shit.
Sponsored