• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 fc3, 2021 fk8
This math appears to be correct and makes the FL5 time all the more impressive. The delta between the FL5 time and that of the FK8 is material and not as close as it may seem at first blush.
You know what's the best part? It's a certified lap time with a production car (including tires!). The fk8 always got a lot of hate for many reasons. In europe, they completely dismissed the 2017 record run because it was a pre production car, with a roll cage, no head unit and cup2 tires. Honda didn't make the same mistake again.

Congratulations, Honda. The 3rd type R to beat the record.
Sponsored

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
"Some automakers, like Porsche and Mercedes-AMG, release both 12.8- and 12.93-mile times so enthusiasts can draw a comparison between records set before 2019 and those set after. Honda hasn't done that here, but based on watching the video of the lap, it appears that it took roughly 5.2 seconds to cover the extra distance. If we accept this admittedly rough estimation, we can say the Type R covered the 12.8 miles in around 7:39.681, or a little over four seconds faster than its predecessor."

-Yahoo Sports

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/honda-civic-type-r-once-010000442.html

ChiroCale

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Ridgeline
"Some automakers, like Porsche and Mercedes-AMG, release both 12.8- and 12.93-mile times so enthusiasts can draw a comparison between records set before 2019 and those set after. Honda hasn't done that here, but based on watching the video of the lap, it appears that it took roughly 5.2 seconds to cover the extra distance. If we accept this admittedly rough estimation, we can say the Type R covered the 12.8 miles in around 7:39.681, or a little over four seconds faster than its predecessor."

-Yahoo Sports

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/honda-civic-type-r-once-010000442.html
I noticed on the video that the driver’s feet eased off the gas for gear changes. I wonder how keeping the pedal down during shifts would have affected the lap time? Definitely would be brutal on the clutch and tranny though. 😆

keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 fc3, 2021 fk8
Ouch... what's the FL5 top speed in 3rd gear? Looks like he overreved at 2:50, shifting into 3rd at around 100mph?

And again at 3:27.

Finally watched the onboard video. I had never ever heard a Cup 2 sing like that. This guy was absolutely at the limit! Amazing driver. Now someone get him a roll cage, a HANS and 5+ point harness because I barely could watch it.

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
And again at 3:27.

Finally watched the onboard video. I had never ever heard a Cup 2 sing like that. This guy was absolutely at the limit! Amazing driver. Now someone get him a roll cage, a HANS and 5+ point harness because I barely could watch it.

And here too at 3:07 as well... good to know our motors can take a beating. :drive:

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
There has already been an apples to apples comparison between the FK8 and FL5 under the most ideal conditions at Suzuka Circuit (Honda’s very own track)! We’ve known which CTR is faster for months. The Nürburgring record just makes it even more official.😎

Rainy4s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VA WRX STI,
The driver is Néstor "Bebu" Girolami, WTCC driver
the press release for European market release, that 4 hours later than JP/NA's press release.
EXTRA Info,
*Editors note - The lap time was set using a Type R that is a lighter version of the latest model. This model will be available to order in European LHD markets only, and will be referred to as a Type R S grade.

Cup2c is ordered from Michelin directly rather than through a dealer, since Cup2c (high possibility is the H0 marked) is not even a dealer option
11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Sets New FWD Track Record at Nürburgring! _20230419234413

https://hondanews.eu/gb/en/cars/med...duction-vehicle-fwd-lap-record-at-nurburgring

https://auto.honda.fr/content/dam/central/cars/tyre_label_sheet/Civic_Type_R_tyre_label_sheet.pdf

Last edited:

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Incredible how the driver just uses a little bit of trailbraking to get the car to rotate into corners. Honda does such a great job dynamically. Hope the Integra Type S preserves this great engineering!

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
The driver is Néstor "Bebu" Girolami, WTCC driver
the press release for European market release, that 4 hours later than JP/NA's press release.
EXTRA Info,
*Editors note - The lap time was set using a Type R that is a lighter version of the latest model. This model will be available to order in European LHD markets only, and will be referred to as a Type R S grade.

Cup2c is ordered from Michelin directly rather than through a dealer, since Cup2c (high possibility is the H0 marked) is not even a dealer option
I wonder what will the changes be between a standard FL5 and the European-Market-Only "S Grade"
Sponsored