• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
It's official, the FL5 is getting the same hate as the FK8 lol. Welcome to the club.
The theories of deception and cheating didn't take long to surface. There's always a conspiracy, even in Nürburgring track times. :D
Sponsored

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Maybe this new type S has shorter gearing as well?

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Professional Speculator has entered the chat. Whatevs. It’s fine. Folks need content to keep followers interested.🤣

Last edited:

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Lol, I think there is enough there that Honda should explain...

To me the Nring is a thing I care about but not enough that it would influence my buying decision.

Dennis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic e:Hev
Is there someone else, on this broken world, who get goose bumps watching a 2023 FWD Type-R trail-braking sideways into 200 km/h corners, like the good old days? :rolleyes1:

All this social media chit-chatting on pointless point-zero-two-more-boost is gross.

Rainy4s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VA WRX STI,
I initially thought the reason Honda cover the LogR interface with a large G meter was to conceal the Ext. Air Temp. and Air Intake Temp., which has a dramatic impact on stock K20c1 performance, because LogR actually can display both info toghther.
11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Sets New FWD Track Record at Nürburgring! 1682111689607

but since Misha mentioned it, it predicts, not 100% sure, it actually tried to conceal the boost meter in Log R . However, Honda didn't hide the info in the Digital Instrument Cluster, so it still can be seen.

one more abnormal thing, the Max boost data in the spec sheet provided by Press Release is different from the one on the Honda current website, the Press release indicate the MAX number.
it is true it says the Max is 1.73 Bar but the recorded video did show a higher boost level up to MAX 1.83 bar, and more importantly, it runs at 1.7 Bar constantly on the 6th when the media test car normally only runs at 1.2 - 1.45 bar MAX on 5th&6th
11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Sets New FWD Track Record at Nürburgring! 43bd04b463997c7b178826b09cbd1f3

Also, I need your guys help, I only can find boost data on US spec car, I tried JP Honda, UK Honda, FR Honda, and Australia Honda, they both didn't indicate the boost level, but, for example, JP has the highest output 330 PS( ≈ 325 HP), and EU has 329 PS. but the difference can be the result of different gas octane level

FL5 press release: 1.737 Bar
11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Sets New FWD Track Record at Nürburgring! 8697bfe2354bffb88ee45a5d8ddf24d

Boost level in current Honda website: 1.606 bar

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Sets New FWD Track Record at Nürburgring! 1682114358467

FK8 2020 facelifted: 1.599 bar
11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Sets New FWD Track Record at Nürburgring! 29cae3f9e7a7d00c285671cbe403628

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Sets New FWD Track Record at Nürburgring! 3752d8db2ca2066f06c332e8d404f05

For the gear part, I saw some Nur drivers don't even shift to 6th gear in Döttinger Höhe because it is an overdrive gear, but Girolami looks like uses it with a higher frequency.
pic provided by @citrus
11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Sets New FWD Track Record at Nürburgring! 1682113171047

Last edited:

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Well if we’re gonna fact check Honda’s specs, keep in mind we also know the FL5 actually has more power out of the box than specified, per the various dyno tests that have been run, including from Hondata. I am not surprised to see a bit more boost than Honda’s spec sheet says, which is obviously a little conservative. It’s better to be a little conservative than overstated with these kinds of things, so no one will cry that their car isn’t meeting specs…preventing possible lawsuits.

Last edited:

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
All this social media chit-chatting on pointless point-zero-two-more-boost is gross.
Lol, thanks for joining in on what is gross. Even if it wasn't intentional.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Hey, if Honda promises to put this tune and these gears in a Phoenix Yellow whatever-grade car any time soon, I wouldn't be mad! :D
Lol, you better hope it comes with a bigger fuel tank.

Rainy4s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VA WRX STI,
Well if we’re gonna fact check Honda’s specs, keep in mind we also know the FL5 actually has more power out of the box than specified, per the various dyno tests that have been run, including from Hondata. I am not surprised to see a bit more boost than Honda’s spec sheet says, which is obviously a little conservative. It’s better to be a little conservative than overstated with these kinds of things, so no one will cry that their car isn’t meeting specs…preventing possible lawsuits.
did you see the video on Misha Post in INS? on 6th, the record car is doing 1.7-1.74 bar. The one video at the bottom is the doing top speed try on Autobahn, the difference on boost may be caused by altitude difference. But the video in the middle shows Mathieu Sentis From L'argus did a test drive on the same track. When the record car shift to 6th, the boost is stable at 1.7-1.74 bar, but the media car shift to 6th, it is stable at 1.2- 1.24 bar, there is a large gap. how is that boost deficiency related to the 10 PS power difference?

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
With so much circumstantial evidence mounting, conjecture from “experts,” flaming, and limited facts, I have come to one and only one conclusion : I don’t know. Your guess is as good as mine. @Rainy4s.

I have to wonder, do Porsche owners do this?🤣🤣🤣 I think the answer is : No, because Porsche owners expect progress.

Why are people so up in arms here? This is silly and a total waste of time. No factual conclusions can be made that will change the record books. And even if they could be, what would be the point? Honestly, I don’t get it. Because internet, I guess?🤷‍♂️

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
I don't think you can look at peak boost values since these cars have torque targets. I've noticed personally that when it's colder ambient temps, the car only hits 20ish psi, but when it's hot out it will hit 25.
Sponsored