• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Acura Integra Type S Observations

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Based on my discussions with the GSM months ago, I got the impression demo cars will be sent to dealerships for people to drive. He didn't specify if this would be system-wide, but it was very clear early on that I would be able to drive the car when it came in. In fact, I explicitly asked him if I could drive it, and the response was, "yes." I followed that up with the same inquiry last week when he reached out to say the car had arrived and the answer was the same. I also noticed you're in California. Everything is different in California, for better or worse, so YMMV.
I didn't want to muddy up @savagegeese 's thread with thoughts from my personal, although limited, interaction with the DE5 Integra Type S so thought it best to start a new one. This could also be a space for others to share their thoughts after personal experiences with the car via test drives, walkarounds, or ride alongs.

I was able to spend about 90 minutes yesterday morning with the ITS at a local dealership. I've been in contact with the General Sales Manager over the last several months and true to his word, he sent me an e-mail last week when the car arrived. I was able to drive it, perform the interior/exterior walkaround, and chatted with the General Sales Manager for a bit. The car was Platinum Pearl White with the Red/Dark Metal Trim interior. The car also had about $6,500 in dealership add-ons some of which included the following Genuine Acura Accessories:
  • 19" Copper-Finish Alloy Wheels
  • Valve Stem Caps
  • Gloss Black Emblems
  • Carbon Fiber Tailgate Spoiler
  • Carbon Fiber Door Mirror Cover
  • Black Wheel Locks
  • Titanium Shift Knob; and
  • Alcantara Steering Wheel
I obviously didn't have the opportunity to live with the car for days or get to take it to the track but I have a few observations I'd like to share.

What I Liked
-Interior orientation and ergonomics are similar to the 11th gen Civic
-Factory wheels look good and are especially nice in the copper finish
-Power delivery felt smoother and more refined than the FL5 CTR. It's clear there is slightly more power in the ITS and it's noticeable on the street
-NVH is better when compared to the FL5 CTR
-Exhaust is still relatively quiet but an upgrade over the CTR exhaust system
-ELS STUDIO 3D Premium Audio system sounds good! It's more bass forward but it offers a more immersive audio experience. I'm certain with ample configuration, it will serve the likes of most.
-Suspension tuning is more livable for daily driving across all Drive Modes
-Transmission - no further explanation needed.

What I Didn't Like
-Seats. This was a big miss. I expected a more supportive and aesthetically pleasing seat for this type of car.
-Throttle overrun in Sport+ Drive Mode is something I could do without. It's interesting the "Civic Type R for Adults" has an exhaust that crackles and pops.
-Gloss black trim on the interior console.
-Styling. The exterior styling is decent and works for 2023 but I don't expect it to age well.
-Very light clutch pedal. I like a little resistance for clutch feel
-Rev hang. It's still there and very annoying
-No LogR or equivalent
-It doesn't feel "special". It's difficult to articulate that feeling but you know it when you see it/feel it.
-Sticker price. $52K is still a very difficult number to get comfortable with relative to what you're getting.

Bottom Line
The ITS was about what I expected it to be. Some wins, some misses, and a few surprises. It's a solid offering, good for the Honda/Acura brand and great for enthusiasts. While enjoyable enough, I didn't walk away thinking, "I would buy that car!" or "I prefer this over my FL5 CTR." The challenge for me is still the price point of $52K which will undoubtedly rise throughout the production cycle. The other side of that is it appears this car can be had for MSRP, and quite frankly, below if you're a savvy buyer and/or willing to wait. Early indications are that anyone who wants an ITS should be able to get one at a fair price.

I'll end with the following: the reviews from Car and Driver, Motor Trend, and the YouTubers are fantastic, but there's no better opinion than your own. Go out and drive the car yourself. Take advantage of dealers allowing people to demo this thing and drive the wheels off it. Unfortunately, that's not something you can do with the CTR at this juncture. Anyhow, I look forward to hearing from others who have had the opportunity to drive the ITS.
I didn't want to muddy up @savagegeese 's thread with thoughts from my personal, although limited, interaction with the DE5 Integra Type S so thought it best to start a new one. This could also be a space for others to share their thoughts after personal experiences with the car via test drives, walkarounds, or ride alongs.

I was able to spend about 90 minutes yesterday morning with the ITS at a local dealership. I've been in contact with the General Sales Manager over the last several months and true to his word, he sent me an e-mail last week when the car arrived. I was able to drive it, perform the interior/exterior walkaround, and chatted with the General Sales Manager for a bit. The car was Platinum Pearl White with the Red/Dark Metal Trim interior. The car also had about $6,500 in dealership add-ons some of which included the following Genuine Acura Accessories:
  • 19" Copper-Finish Alloy Wheels
  • Valve Stem Caps
  • Gloss Black Emblems
  • Carbon Fiber Tailgate Spoiler
  • Carbon Fiber Door Mirror Cover
  • Black Wheel Locks
  • Titanium Shift Knob; and
  • Alcantara Steering Wheel
I obviously didn't have the opportunity to live with the car for days or get to take it to the track but I have a few observations I'd like to share.

What I Liked
-Interior orientation and ergonomics are similar to the 11th gen Civic
-Factory wheels look good and are especially nice in the copper finish
-Power delivery felt smoother and more refined than the FL5 CTR. It's clear there is slightly more power in the ITS and it's noticeable on the street
-NVH is better when compared to the FL5 CTR
-Exhaust is still relatively quiet but an upgrade over the CTR exhaust system
-ELS STUDIO 3D Premium Audio system sounds good! It's more bass forward but it offers a more immersive audio experience. I'm certain with ample configuration, it will serve the likes of most.
-Suspension tuning is more livable for daily driving across all Drive Modes
-Transmission - no further explanation needed.

What I Didn't Like
-Seats. This was a big miss. I expected a more supportive and aesthetically pleasing seat for this type of car.
-Throttle overrun in Sport+ Drive Mode is something I could do without. It's interesting the "Civic Type R for Adults" has an exhaust that crackles and pops.
-Gloss black trim on the interior console.
-Styling. The exterior styling is decent and works for 2023 but I don't expect it to age well.
-Very light clutch pedal. I like a little resistance for clutch feel
-Rev hang. It's still there and very annoying
-No LogR or equivalent
-It doesn't feel "special". It's difficult to articulate that feeling but you know it when you see it/feel it.
-Sticker price. $52K is still a very difficult number to get comfortable with relative to what you're getting.

Bottom Line
The ITS was about what I expected it to be. Some wins, some misses, and a few surprises. It's a solid offering, good for the Honda/Acura brand and great for enthusiasts. While enjoyable enough, I didn't walk away thinking, "I would buy that car!" or "I prefer this over my FL5 CTR." The challenge for me is still the price point of $52K which will undoubtedly rise throughout the production cycle. The other side of that is it appears this car can be had for MSRP, and quite frankly, below if you're a savvy buyer and/or willing to wait. Early indications are that anyone who wants an ITS should be able to get one at a fair price.

I'll end with the following: the reviews from Car and Driver, Motor Trend, and the YouTubers are fantastic, but there's no better opinion than your own. Go out and drive the car yourself. Take advantage of dealers allowing people to demo this thing and drive the wheels off it. Unfortunately, that's not something you can do with the CTR at this juncture. Anyhow, I look forward to hearing from others who have had the opportunity to drive the ITS.
I think you nailed that summary. I was able to test drive a Type S last week, it is cool that the dealers are allowing test drives. As expected it felt very similar to my FL5. I think the potential for this car is to help drive down the FL5 Market. I bought my FL5 at MSRP, which I realize is rare.
My Acura dealership is also selling their Type S at MSRP. For the record, I am in Columbus OH, and almost all the Honda dealerships were asking $5k, but commonly $10K over for the FL5.
I am wondering how the upgraded spoiler for the Type S would look on FL5 with a wing delete...just thinking

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
I think you nailed that summary. I was able to test drive a Type S last week, it is cool that the dealers are allowing test drives. As expected it felt very similar to my FL5. I think the potential for this car is to help drive down the FL5 Market. I bought my FL5 at MSRP, which I realize is rare.
My Acura dealership is also selling their Type S at MSRP. For the record, I am in Columbus OH, and almost all the Honda dealerships were asking $5k, but commonly $10K over for the FL5.
I am wondering how the upgraded spoiler for the Type S would look on FL5 with a wing delete...just thinking
Can you comment on the suspension tuning between the 2 on the street? Very curious how Comfort mode stacks up between the 2.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Can you comment on the suspension tuning between the 2 on the street? Very curious how Comfort mode stacks up between the 2.
I thought they felt very similar. Overall, I have been impressed with the FL5. I usually cruise around in individual mode, with the "racier" settings, except I leave the suspension in comfort. Overall my test drive of the integra was very limited, maybe 15 mins. And the roads around the dealership in Dublin OH are very smooth:). I hope that helps, I wish I could have spent a full day with the Type S. On a side note, I will be switching to 18" in October, with a decent performance all season tire.

OP
OP
Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I believe many will find some interest in this article. The dyno charts provided by @savagegeese (thank you btw) clearly illustrate the ITS makes more power than the CTR at peak and in various places throughout the rev range. The power increase is also noticeable to many who have driven the car. The immediate question that came to me was, what does this all mean? With the perceived power advantage, will the ITS best the CTR around a circuit? What about 0-60 or 1/4 mile? I'm certain the below article is the tip of the spear as there are countless instrumented tests in creation as we speak. Looking forward to the content around this topic.

2024 Acura Integra Type S First Test: As Good as the Civic Type R?

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
I believe many will find some interest in this article. The dyno charts provided by @savagegeese (thank you btw) clearly illustrate the ITS makes more power than the CTR at peak and in various places throughout the rev range. The power increase is also noticeable to many who have driven the car. The immediate question that came to me is, what does this all mean? With the perceived power advantage, will the ITS best the CTR around a circuit. What about 0-60 or 1/4 mile? I'm certain the below article is the tip of the spear as there are countless instrumented tests in creation as we speak. Looking forward to the content around this topic.

2024 Acura Integra Type S First Test: As Good as the Civic Type R?
Lol. We have been discussing this on the teggy forums.
We're curious what fuel was used, ITS has a 93 tune.
Traction control can only be disabled with pedal dance on the ITS( doubt this was done)
Would additional low end torque cause more wheel spin?

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
The dyno charts provided by @savagegeese (thank you btw) clearly illustrate the ITS used made more power than their CTR at peak and in various places throughout the rev range. The power increase is also noticeable to many who have driven the car. The immediate question that came to me was, what does this all mean? With the perceived power advantage, will the ITS best the CTR around a circuit? What about 0-60 or 1/4 mile? I'm certain the below article is the tip of the spear as there are countless instrumented tests in creation as we speak. Looking forward to the content around this
Quoted part in bold for emphasis in reply.

While it is clear that the ITS Savagegeese tested made more power than their CTR, it’s equally clear that the motortrend CTR was the most powerful of the two, based on trap speeds.

The low end torque shown on the dyno graph during the ITS pull has been explained as different mapping strategies in their video.

The difference of power up top is more likely to result from car to car variances, inferior gas used in motortrend ITS, green motor in that car, etc.

I’ve witnessed over 1000 dyno pulls at my friend’s shop, and I can tell you no two identical stock cars are perfectly equal, especially forced induction ones.

In the real world, I expect these two cars to accelerate closely to one another in most cases.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Post # 1 updated with a gallery. I wanted to focus the photos on the Genuine Acura Accessories with price and other items that have garnered a lot of discussion over the last 1-2 weeks.

Estoril4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport Mt, 2017 Toyota 4runner XP, 2014 Audi S4, 2017 CBP Type R
Do you think the type S spoiler would fit on the Type R

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Do you think the type S spoiler would fit on the Type R
I live 3 mins from my acura dealer, and I may try to go down and check it out. The tester type s i drove had the larger dealer optioned spoiler and it looked really good. However, the type s doesnt have the rear wiper like the R, so i am wondering how that would look?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
I live 3 mins from my acura dealer, and I may try to go down and check it out. The tester type s i drove had the larger dealer optioned spoiler and it looked really good. However, the type s doesnt have the rear wiper like the R, so i am wondering how that would look?
I know several on here have done rear wiper deletes. I'm sure there's some photos floating around. PRL sells the plug for it. This is something I have done on previous hatchback vehicles since I have never used a rear wiper and only use rear defrost for the side mirrors.

OP
OP
Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
The instrumented test was added by Car and Driver on July 11. More data points to prove the Integra Type S and Civic Type R are very similarly matched. The articles with instrumented tests for each vehicle are linked below.

2024 Acura Integra Type S

C/D TEST RESULTS
60 mph: 5.1 sec
100 mph: 12.3 sec
1/4-Mile: 13.7 sec @ 105 mph
130 mph: 22.8 sec
Results above omit 1-ft rollout of 0.3 sec.
Rolling Start, 5–60 mph: 6.0 sec
Top Gear, 30–50 mph: 10.7 sec
Top Gear, 50–70 mph: 6.9 sec
Top Speed (mfr's claim): 167 mph
Braking, 70–0 mph: 153 ft
Braking, 100–0 mph: 305 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft Skidpad: 1.02 g

C/D FUEL ECONOMY
Observed: 23 mpg
75-mph Highway Driving: 31 mpg
75-mph Highway Range: 380 mi

EPA FUEL ECONOMY
Combined/City/Highway: 24/21/28 mpg

2023 Honda Civic Type R

C/D TEST RESULTS
60 mph: 4.9 sec
100 mph: 12.1 sec
1/4-Mile: 13.5 sec @ 106 mph
140 mph: 28.3 sec
Results above omit 1-ft rollout of 0.3 sec.
Rolling Start, 5–60 mph: 5.9 sec
Top Gear, 30–50 mph: 9.4 sec
Top Gear, 50–70 mph: 6.4 sec
Top Speed (mfr's claim): 169 mph
Braking, 70–0 mph: 153 ft
Braking, 100–0 mph: 308 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft
Skidpad: 1.02 g

C/D FUEL ECONOMY
Observed: 20 mpg
75-mph Highway Driving: 30 mpg
75-mph Highway Range: 370 mi