• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Backup plans - what's yours?

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
One of those things that's neat but how applicable is this in the real world for the mass majority?

Who here's even ever been on a course the size, length and speeds like the ring.
The mass majority purchase vehicles as appliances, so not very.
Sponsored

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
Expensive oil change? I'd be doing my own, you'll probably have to import the oil from Germany.

Beautiful car though. I would probably never buy a new BMW due to unreliability and cost of maintenance, wonder if older ones are more reliable?

caraholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taycan Turbo, JL 392XR, 981S, F430
What yall think of manual e92?
Im about to pull the trigger, the car Im looking has very low mileage on itā€¦

V8, NA, stick and 2 doorā€¦

think think thinkā€¦.
Fantastic vehicle I have had two of them and both were blasts. Verify to see if it has had its rod bearings done if not I would put aside five grand to get them done.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
One of those things that's neat but how applicable is this in the real world for the mass majority?

Who here's even ever been on a course the size, length and speeds like the ring.
I drove a rental Fiat Punto hatchback on the Ring. With my 80 year old dad and pregnant wife (4 weeks) in the car.

Does that count?

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line

think think thinkā€¦.
Love it. Get one! Not sure how easy it is to add Apple CarPlay, thatā€™s a must for me.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car

think think thinkā€¦.
PLEASE do some research on the e92 before considering. That engine REQUIRES changes to make it reliable. Savage geese did a great video on it.
I drove a rental Fiat Punto hatchback on the Ring. With my 80 year old dad and pregnant wife (4 weeks) in the car.

Does that count?
You sir, are a fucking legend! You are now my idol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
So the thing that gets me about the looks are, the pictures are one thing, but all the in person reviewers all seem to think if looks good. Is this one of those u have to see it in person kinda deals?

Like I don't get it, many tubers who I kinda respect actually think it looks really good after seeing it.
The thing about the new ///M cars is that they always look better in person. To me at least.

The G80 is a monstrosity in the photos. The snout stands out too much and it just doesnā€™t photograph well. I hated it at first. Then, I saw one in personā€¦ in what I thought was the last color Iā€™d ever consider - SĆ£o Paulo Yellow. Ironically, I was blown away at how good it looks and how well SPY works with it.

So much so that this is the only color Iā€™d opt for on the G80, which is awesome because itā€™s actually one of the two ā€œfreeā€ colors.

I have a feeling the new M2 will look even better from up close. The color I like most on it is Toronto Red. I like loud colors because YOLO :D

Vtextc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Fantastic vehicle I have had two of them and both were blasts. Verify to see if it has had its rod bearings done if not I would put aside five grand to get them done.
I have an manual E90 M3 with competition package and it is sublime. Highly recommended particularly for a low mileage specimen.

Most shops charge between $2500-$3K for Rod Bearings. The variance is usually based on what type of rod bolts you want to use (BE vs. OEM). $5K, and you are being had....even in Canada where things here are a little more expensive.

Vtextc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
PLEASE do some research on the e92 before considering. That engine REQUIRES changes to make it reliable. Savage geese did a great video on it.

You sir, are a fucking legend! You are now my idol
Rod Bearings and Throttle Actuators are about as expensive as maintenance items get. You do pay dearly for other maintenance items such as brakes, given that it is an "M" car.

Andjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - CW #19431 - Sold
Iā€™ve got a deposit down for a G87 M2 as well, 3rd on the waitlist at my dealer too.

If I donā€™t get a FL5, I wonā€™t be too upset to settle for an M2 šŸ˜ƒ

Last edited:

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
[
Iā€™ve got a deposit down for a G83 M2 as well, 3rd on the waitlist at my dealer too.

If I donā€™t get a FL5, I wonā€™t be too upset to settle for an M2 šŸ˜ƒ
Same, didn't get any markup, no add-ons I didn't want, no build limitations. I'm kinda over bending over backwards for the GRC + FL5 tbh.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Nobody needs a back up plan!

You get a Type R, you get a Type R... everybody gets a Type R!!!!!

Sponsored

Reactions: CTR