• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
He wasn't drunk, I believe fatigue had a factor in the accident.

That's fine, CTR is the better car anyway, just maybe one more year from now would have been a better time. Good thing I don't need a car atm.
Sponsored

T13R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Civic SiR II
Damn my bad, how tf do people drive into parked cars blows my mind
In my case the driver was either drunk/high, I’m hoping high as it was smashed around 8am in the morning, they made it jump over the sidewalk. I know the feeling, really sucks. Having said that, I might have no choice of parking the R on the street.

And speaking of the R, dealer called me today, they have a press car on site for the next 48 hours. I will try to go (family trip excuse should work 🤞), we pretty much know and have seen everything about the car, but if anyone has any photo requests for anything in particular I can try to get some. I was told I can sit in it, but probably no driving :(

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
In my case the driver was either drunk/high, I’m hoping high as it was smashed around 8am in the morning, they made it jump over the sidewalk. I know the feeling, really sucks. Having said that, I might have no choice of parking the R on the street.

And speaking of the R, dealer called me today, they have a press car on site for the next 48 hours. I will try to go (family trip excuse should work 🤞), we pretty much know and have seen everything about the car, but if anyone has any photo requests for anything in particular I can try to get some. I was told I can sit in it, but probably no driving :(
Share all the photos! That’s exciting!

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
Anyone here from Atlantic Canada like me? I don't need details regarding which dealership you're with, just curious what most people want as top color in this area.

SGP for me

MuckyBarnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I was #3 on the list at Carter Honda in Vancouver and just had my deposit refunded. Said they're only getting 1 car for certain for 2023, and that they're not allowed to hold onto people's deposits for 2024 and beyond.

They said they're going to keep track of what order people originally put their deposits down, but who knows how that'll go.

Shit sucks.

CTR604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No cars
I was #3 on the list at Carter Honda in Vancouver and just had my deposit refunded. Said they're only getting 1 car for certain for 2023, and that they're not allowed to hold onto people's deposits for 2024 and beyond.

They said they're going to keep track of what order people originally put their deposits down, but who knows how that'll go.

Shit sucks.
This sucks. Did they confirm they are only getting the 1 for sure for 2023?

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Maybe secure line of credit or home equity. If Honda gives 6.5 rate you probably won't find better at this time.

Let's hope they don't get griddy like Nissan (400z) and ask for 8.5.
Under 4% is still out there with good credit.

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3

Shit sucks.
wtf that sucks i better go to my dealer this week and find out

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
One for sure that they know of. Could possibly get more, but they don't know yet.
did they say when you can come back and place a deposit for 2024 MY?
obviouslsy they werent gonna let you place it right then and there.. damn..

Stick_shifter96

First Name
Shaurya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a FL5
I was 6th at two dealers, one with a deposit and one without. Decided to pull my deposit and put it in for a Golf R instead. Although the wait time for it is 12 months, its a firm confirmation that I will receive it in '23. And if ever my name comes up for a CTR, I'll just trade the Golf R in (if I don't like it, but from the reviews, it looks like a complete riot)

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
I was 6th at two dealers, one with a deposit and one without. Decided to pull my deposit and put it in for a Golf R instead. Although the wait time for it is 12 months, its a firm confirmation that I will receive it in '23. And if ever my name comes up for a CTR, I'll just trade the Golf R in (if I don't like it, but from the reviews, it looks like a complete riot)
Good choice. While I still don't like the infotainment and how difficult it is to get into things it seems, reviewers and owners keep giving it high praise for its driving dynamics. Probably the better choice for Canadian winters too. You order the DSG or Manual?

Stick_shifter96

First Name
Shaurya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a FL5
Good choice. While I still don't like the infotainment and how difficult it is to get into things it seems, reviewers and owners keep giving it high praise for its driving dynamics. Probably the better choice for Canadian winters too. You order the DSG or Manual?
Look at my username man what do you think? 😂 Manual for life :headbang:
The infotainment is almost an user-unfriendly system, but as is the case with everything, there would be a longer than normal learning curve with it, and I'll curse it every time I use it, but the driving dynamics will more than make up for it, and AWD is always a boon for Canadian winters.
Sponsored