• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Interesting so if we placed a $1k deposit and see a $500 refund its safe to assume that your order has been placed. Gotcha.
that was my experience not sure if every dealer is doing that

what i dont like is that honda pretty much allocated and assigned cars for dealers including color and delivery date...so putting an order is sort of redundant, like the car was already allocated and it is coming and buyers are then faced with take it or leave it....

but if dealers are ordering cars on behalf of customers why not give options and flexibility to the customer while doing the order i.e. color because that's really the only option a ctr has

like you said in edm and most other brands this doesn't happen a friend of mine ordered 2022 m3 and chose everything and the order went straight to the factory like ordering a deep dish pizza
Sponsored

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Anybody else hear about any assigned VIN's other than the two we already know about? I reached out to my dealer a few hours ago - no response so far...
Nothing on my end. I did reach out to my dealer last friday, left message and text. No response.

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
So I got an email from my dealer...

First the positive:
- Dealer said they will not sell above MSRP or force any extras as a requirement of sale. Yay!

Negative:
- Will not tell me how many are allocated just "very limited amount over next few years"
- No mention at all about timing, order, allocation, etc...other than we have your place in line. Wouldn't even say if any of the remaining 13 in Canada are ending up in their hands. I assume not, I am sure Quebec and Ontario will get most of those.

I think I have to admit I am not going to get one unless I am willing to stay on this list for 3 years which honestly I don't care to do, I don't want this thing that bad.

I owned an FK8 and got to experience how good of a car that was so I don't feel bad or like I am missing out because the experience itself is 98% the same from the sounds of it. While I did want to own the last ICE CTR maybe I can pick one up in the future from someone who has changed their mind and hasn't abused it, if not oh well. I can spend that money travelling more with the family or something.

Sadly there are not a lot of other cars out there right now that interest me right now so not sure what route I will go when the time comes to replace my daily (I guess only car now), but I think I might pull the trigger on a new bike, do some light mods over the winter and get back into riding in the Spring, that at least is great for my mental health...which I need after this lack lustre shit show of a release by Honda lol.

fchanovski

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Sadly there are not a lot of other cars out there right now that interest me right now so not sure what route I will go when the time comes to replace my daily (I guess only car now), but I think I might pull the trigger on a new bike, do some light mods over the winter and get back into riding in the Spring, that at least is great for my mental health...which I need after this lack lustre shit show of a release by Honda lol.
Would said bike be a Honda? ;)

Apex Carver

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5-17224, ITR 01-1189, Elise, E61, 190E 2.3-16
To be honest Iā€™d stay on the list. Doesnā€™t hurt for you to stay on it, especially if you know youā€™re near the top.

N4nn3r

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 ITS
Yea if the deposit isnā€™t something hefty and you donā€™t exactly need it, you can just stay on their list and see what happens. Definitely on side with you about doing something good for your mental health though.

I do recall that 3 dealers I spoke to in the gta are expecting or confirmed to have an allocation of 2 in 2023 while a fourth dealer has 3 for 2023 so thatā€™s 9 if they are from the first batch. No idea as no one mentioned delivery times etc. and I also didnā€™t care to ask as I was never high enough to get one for 2023.

Just gonna wait and if nothing comes up for a CTR, Iā€™ll just buy a fun shit box or something or also use the money for vacationing instead.

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
To be honest Iā€™d stay on the list. Doesnā€™t hurt for you to stay on it, especially if you know youā€™re near the top.
I thought about it, if it was $1000 I wouldn't care but it's $5000 and I don't really want the dealer to do hold that for 3 years earning me nothing. Plus I pressed harder and he told me 4 over 3 years, originally they told me 8, I am 9th in line so I figured only 1 person has to drop out and I am good. I doubt 5 people with $5k down are going to drop out in order for my number to come up. They are going by order of deposit received. I will wait a another couple weeks but likely pull my deposit by the end of the year if nothing changes.

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
Kind of same position here although I am #2 or 3 but at this rate I dont know if I care to wait til 2024 or whatever the heck it is for this car. Might just get something else in the meantime

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
It's been a few days since I made an update, mainly because I've been going back and forth and wasn't sure if there was ever to be light at the end of the tunnel. So here goes:

- Sept 2021 deposit, #2 spot
- Recently told I was #3 (sales manager that signed the deal left and someone else jumped the line in the process)
- Hard to get any type of callbacks, so I went in twice in a day
- Got to the GSM I spoke to a few days ago when he learned how motivated I am
- First 2 cars (2023) are done deal, nothing they can do with the screw up. People traded their old type-Rs
- I don't have a trade in, but basically they want to make 10k on top of MSRP, I agreed

I now have confirmation in writing that I will get the 3rd car which will likely be a 2024 in sonic grey, which is my preferred color (yes, they know the color for 2024. No, it doesn't seem like they know beyond that.). This has been approved by the GM and there's a temporary bill of sale. When the time comes, it will be a combination of addons and trade-in to finalize the deal.

I'll say this to anyone hesitating on this kind of premium. If this is your dream car to keep for 15+ years like me, do whatever you have to to secure it. If you are high on the list and not getting callbacks and are motivated, physically go into the dealer and try your luck. Only talk to the GM or GSM. They control everything for this car. You can find names and contact info for them on their websites (at least here in southern Ontario).

Remember that US price is equivalent to 58k CAD. It sucks we have to be at dealer's mercy but we can't change the situation.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
It's been a few days since I made an update, mainly because I've been going back and forth and wasn't sure if there was ever to be light at the end of the tunnel. So here goes:

- Sept 2021 deposit, #2 spot
- Recently told I was #3 (sales manager that signed the deal left and someone else jumped the line in the process)
- Hard to get any type of callbacks, so I went in twice in a day
- Got to the GSM I spoke to a few days ago when he learned how motivated I am
- First 2 cars (2023) are done deal, nothing they can do with the screw up. People traded their old type-Rs
- I don't have a trade in, but basically they want to make 10k on top of MSRP, I agreed

I now have confirmation in writing that I will get the 3rd car which will likely be a 2024 in sonic grey, which is my preferred color (yes, they know the color for 2024. No, it doesn't seem like they know beyond that.). This has been approved by the GM and there's a temporary bill of sale. When the time comes, it will be a combination of addons and trade-in to finalize the deal.

I'll say this to anyone hesitating on this kind of premium. If this is your dream car to keep for 15+ years like me, do whatever you have to to secure it. If you are high on the list and not getting callbacks and are motivated, physically go into the dealer and try your luck. Only talk to the GM or GSM. They control everything for this car. You can find names and contact info for them on their websites (at least here in southern Ontario).

Remember that US price is equivalent to 58k CAD. It sucks we have to be at dealer's mercy but we can't change the situation.
Now that you are locked in, do you mind sharing the dealership? Just seeing if I need to scratch off another dealership and ask for a refund lol.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Kinda bullshit that they added on 10K in accessories that aren't installed that aren't on a car even manufactured yet. You mind sharing the dealership?

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Kinda bullshit that they added on 10K in accessories that aren't installed that aren't on a car even manufactured yet. You mind sharing the dealership?
Accessories can also be dealer added tints, rust proofing etc. Doesn't need to be actual parts. They actually prefer you take services, or warranties, they make more $$ on those.

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
I've sent DMs. Just don't want to publicly announce it. DM me if anyone wants to know.

Also, it's not 10k accessories. I'd be much more happy with that. It's 10k profit on top. So easiest way is if you have a trade in that let's them make that much. It's basically a loophole for not being allowed to mark-up the MSRP. If a dealer is brushing you off, chances are, this is what they want to see.

Rumble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
I thought about it, if it was $1000 I wouldn't care but it's $5000 and I don't really want the dealer to do hold that for 3 years earning me nothing. Plus I pressed harder and he told me 4 over 3 years, originally they told me 8, I am 9th in line so I figured only 1 person has to drop out and I am good. I doubt 5 people with $5k down are going to drop out in order for my number to come up. They are going by order of deposit received. I will wait a another couple weeks but likely pull my deposit by the end of the year if nothing changes.
Wow, $5k deposit is Porsche deposit money. I would rather put that money towards the last ICE Cayman GTS. Looking at the exterior and interior sold me on what could be an amazing Type R. I got in line early as it should be.

For me, I was contacted last month saying that I will be getting a car. Today, I was contacted saying that my $500 dealership deposit will be refunded but a new $500 will be charged to go to Honda Canada instead. No bill of sale yet and no ETA, but I am expecting to get a 2023 car. Hoping for my colour choice in Championship White. Exciting times!
Sponsored

Last edited: