• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Good to hear more are coming, my dealer said they had no say on colour unfortunately. The last one they found out once it was in the BC port.
my dealer said they specifically put in an order for red before i even put a deposit with them...when i did put a deposit dealer went on to say that my name and order is in with honda canada itself and not just at their dealership and told me sometime this fall MY24 is the latest info GM gave...it is all over the place this entire process from colour to allocation to timelines, it almost feels like we re in a reality show šŸ˜…

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
my dealer said they specifically put in an order for red before i even put a deposit with them...when i did put a deposit dealer went on to say that my name and order is in with honda canada itself and not just at their dealership and told me sometime this fall MY24 is the latest info GM gave...it is all over the place this entire process from colour to allocation to timelines, it almost feels like we re in a reality show šŸ˜…
Did you get that email that some people received from Honda Canada confirming the order and the $500 refund of your deposit? I haven't received either but that seems to be part of the process. It's part of the reason while I'm glad for the confirmation, I want to know that HQ confirms I'm getting one.

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Did you get that email that some people received from Honda Canada confirming the order and the $500 refund of your deposit? I haven't received either but that seems to be part of the process. It's part of the reason while I'm glad for the confirmation, I want to know that HQ confirms I'm getting one.
my dealer initially thought i would be getting an email from Honda but later clarified that that email only goes out to the dealership not the customer. Yeah i tried with hq they kept referring me to the dealer the call center is useless and can't get a hold of someone that works in corporate back office, they would know a thing or two but can't speak to them

Shichi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra
Amazing! Quick question - do you know how they know this?

Just trying to figure out how it all lines up with some dealers not knowing until itā€™s at the port or until delivery to the dealership is imminent, etc.

Curious how some dealers have this info on incoming cars and others are clueless.
My guess that they're eyeballing it. They know how many cars are arriving per year but not the exact dates. With the intervals we've seen I think the given ETA adds up. My prediction is sometime between Oct-Jan

Shichi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra
I think so too. LOL, the dealerships probably saw the post on Reddit of the 400 cars at the Japanese port then decided to guesstimate a fall delivery šŸ¤£
They always DID say we'll know before they do lmao
I've got high hopes that it'll show during that time frame though.

Saw a someone pick up a new ITS in the area and just renewed my want for this car haha

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
Its funny I havent actually seen an FL5 on the road at all this year, but the ITS comes out and they're all over the road lol. Spotted one southbound on Mccowan south of Hwy7, probably coming from Markham Acura, it was immediately recognizable on the road. The same day I spotted a Nissan Z on the road, and man those things, at least in stock form, have zero road presence.

Totally unrelated but having gone through all 5 stages of grief and landing on acceptance, I started thinking to myself, "do I even need this thing, maybe I should just get a crazy sim rig and I can simulate any car ever", and so down the rabbit hole I went, man that cost quickly adds up, frame, force feedback base, wheel, shifter, pedals, handbrake?! šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«

Last edited:

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Its funny I havent actually seen an FL5 on the road at all this year, but the ITS comes out and they're all over the road lol. Spotted one southbound on Mccowan south of Hwy7, probably coming from Markham Acura, it was immediately recognizable on the road. The same day I spotted a Nissan Z on the road, and man those things, at least in stock form, have zero road presence.

Totally unrelated but having gone through all 5 stages of grief and landing on acceptance, I started thinking to myself, "do I even need this thing, maybe I should just get a crazy sim rig and I can simulate any car ever", and so down the rabbit hole I went, man that cost quickly adds up, frame, force feedback base, wheel, shifter, pedals, handbrake?! šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«
I've seen both. CTR I saw recently at my dealership a few weeks ago and ITS a few months ago when I put my deposit down. They both have presence and are good looking cars. I'd like to see a Z but haven't seen one in my area.

Haha I think we all have and just keep going through the cycle until something happens. I decided to upgraded my car a little. Swapping clutch and shifter, doing a bit of suspension work, and QOL stuff. Need Apple Carplay in my life haha.

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
I've seen both. CTR I saw recently at my dealership a few weeks ago and ITS a few months ago when I put my deposit down. They both have presence and are good looking cars. I'd like to see a Z but haven't seen one in my area.

Haha I think we all have and just keep going through the cycle until something happens. I decided to upgraded my car a little. Swapping clutch and shifter, doing a bit of suspension work, and QOL stuff. Need Apple Carplay in my life haha.
Oh, I meant on the road, Ive seen FL5s at dealerships, but havent seen any owners actually on the road lol.

Jealous! I wish I could do the same, had to switch to an auto for family/lifestyle sake, just itchin' to get back into a manual lol.

fchanovski

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
I went car shopping the past week, went to Subaru for the WRX and as much as I wanted to own a WRX back in the day, the test drive reminded me why I put a deposit down for the CTR.

Sometimes all it takes is a little reminder that what we're waiting for is worth waiting.

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
I went car shopping the past week, went to Subaru for the WRX and as much as I wanted to own a WRX back in the day, the test drive reminded me why I put a deposit down for the CTR.

Sometimes all it takes is a little reminder that what we're waiting for is worth waiting.
One of the few that you can actually test drive prior to purchase. Its so unfortunate that nowadays most vehicles require buyers to purchase without testing. How was the WRX? Did you get to test a manual, how was the shift feel if you did? Bought a 2015 WRX without testing, which was the first model year for that refresh, it was an alright vehicle but always felt "boaty" and always hated the shifter, eventually traded it in.

Last edited:

N4nn3r

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 ITS

Funny as I spoke with a few dealers and they didnā€™t let me test a new 22/23 Wrx. Further explaining that it is Subaru policy to not let test drives lol

fchanovski

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
One of the few that you can actually test drive prior to purchase. Its so unfortunate that nowadays most vehicles require buyers to purchase without testing. How was the WRX? Did you get to test a manual, how was the shift feel if you did? Bought a 2017 WRX without testing, which was the first model year for that refresh, it was an alright vehicle but always felt "boaty" and always hated the shifter, eventually traded it in.
My sister in law drives a VA CVT and I tested the VB manual. I'm not a pro but I felt the shift feel was just alright, nothing too fancy. IMO the VB doesn't feel as refined as the VA, but it could also just be me trying the '22 and hers being a '21.

Funny as I spoke with a few dealers and they didnā€™t let me test a new 22/23 Wrx. Further explaining that it is Subaru policy to not let test drives lol
I suppose they allow testing now because people saw it and cancelled their orders lol the cladding is growing on me but the back end isn't...

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
My sister in law drives a VA CVT and I tested the VB manual. I'm not a pro but I felt the shift feel was just alright, nothing too fancy. IMO the VB doesn't feel as refined as the VA, but it could also just be me trying the '22 and hers being a '21.

I suppose they allow testing now because people saw it and cancelled their orders lol the cladding is growing on me but the back end isn't...
The VA CVT is actually quite good but boring, also the torque drops way off im the higher RPMS, but my 2017 VA manual always felt like shifting through sand LMAO, it was "ok" but muddy at best.

The VB looks pretty good with all the cladding body coloured, but that ugly rear end cant be fixed without a body kit, and honestly if it requires that much more money and effort, probably not worth it.
Sponsored