• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
Yep they made an order for the tail light, no issues. Back order until April but that’s no big deal. Thanks
Hey @katch922 seems like I have them both my taillights. Did you just informed them about it and will fully replace for free?
Sponsored

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently
Thanks for the feedback, sounds like a great car. I wonder if acquiring FL5 for MSRP and then trading in for DE5 is the play :) Although that would be a pretty rare move from my understanding.
I wouldn’t fault anyone for doing that actually, especially if intended as a daily driver that will see commuting mileage and winter salt. I’d hate to subject my FL5 to the aforementioned conditions, and would have to keep my beater alongside it in the stable. But with the ITS, I would sell my beater and simplify down to a one-car solution.

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
That’s correct, they will replace when it arrives. I took pics and I was also lucky when I drove to the dealership it still had the condensation in there so easy proof.

That being said, if they replace and it comes back again, I think they need to do something different. I had this bs with my genesis for 7 years lol. Not sure how hard it is to replace a seal, but maybe Hyundai was taking corners.

samster231

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 FL5, '19 Accord 2.0T MT, '17 Oddy
Haha nothing. I’m not selling anymore. Just took a nice drive. The great thing about these cars is that they feel special in every day situations and at any speed. Stuck in traffic? Enjoy that shifter and clutch. Can’t drive too fast? Enjoy the steering feel.

Only way it lets you down is if you came from a big power car and want to just have straight line speed.

No not at all. something came on the market. So was looking at that but decided not to.

Everyone who gets one will love the car.
Good stuff on keeping your FL5.

Curious about your thoughts on the suspension setup you're running (Ohlins, etc.). It feels like a big ticket upgrade, but if I were going to mod anything it would likely be the suspension and likely to this setup. How big a difference did this new setup make? Thanks.

samster231

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 FL5, '19 Accord 2.0T MT, '17 Oddy
Thanks for the feedback, sounds like a great car. I wonder if acquiring FL5 for MSRP and then trading in for DE5 is the play :) Although that would be a pretty rare move from my understanding.
I ended up doing the opposite and honestly, you will not be disappointed in either. They are both great cars.

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s correct, they will replace when it arrives. I took pics and I was also lucky when I drove to the dealership it still had the condensation in there so easy proof.

That being said, if they replace and it comes back again, I think they need to do something different. I had this bs with my genesis for 7 years lol. Not sure how hard it is to replace a seal, but maybe Hyundai was taking corners.
Thanks for confirming! Sorry for a silly question but since my FL5’s dealership is 600km away, will the nearest dealership cater my concern and do the replacement for me? Thanks in advance! 🤙🏿

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
Oh ya why would it matter. I didn’t go to my original dealership either

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh ya why would it matter. I didn’t go to my original dealership either
Thanks! I gave them a call and was told to bring the car on Tuesday. Lol
I insisted to bring it tomorrow morning as it might not be there by then. Thanks alot, appreciate your help! 🫡

PS: I guess it’s time to make a news thread for this matter hate to post unrelated questions here. Sorry guys!

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
I wouldn’t fault anyone for doing that actually, especially if intended as a daily driver that will see commuting mileage and winter salt. I’d hate to subject my FL5 to the aforementioned conditions, and would have to keep my beater alongside it in the stable. But with the ITS, I would sell my beater and simplify down to a one-car solution.
Crazy you saying this lol. This is the actual real scenario behind my decision making right now not sure if I want to keep a second car cause I would never drive the FL5 in the winter. I would run the ITS through the salt though. Either car seems like a win-win they are both awesome.

winsanity324

@WNSNTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Good stuff on keeping your FL5.

Curious about your thoughts on the suspension setup you're running (Ohlins, etc.). It feels like a big ticket upgrade, but if I were going to mod anything it would likely be the suspension and likely to this setup. How big a difference did this new setup make? Thanks.
Depends on what you want, and honestly, The roads around where you live and drive. Picture I posted a few pages back was with eibach sportlines installed. Pretty much perfect ride height and felt good in +R mode. Didn’t think it was too harsh. Handled well though. But the ohlins are amazing dampers. Combined with pillowball mounts it makes for a super direct feel and handles like crazy. But it is stiff and harsh in some areas and the ohlins not the easiest to adjust since it’s an inverted damper. I do miss the ability to switch to comfort mode at the push of a button. I like it but I don’t drive that much. It’s tiring to drive over half hour on streets that aren’t super smooth.

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently
Crazy you saying this lol. This is the actual real scenario behind my decision making right now not sure if I want to keep a second car cause I would never drive the FL5 in the winter. I would run the ITS through the salt though. Either car seems like a win-win they are both awesome.
I think Acura completely hit a home run with the ITS as a daily driver, as evidenced by all the accolades by the media / motoring press. Man, I really love that black interior with the contrasting red baseball stitching. I don’t want to know what I’m missing either with the ELS 16-speaker system - ignorance is bliss for me lol.

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
Thanks! I gave them a call and was told to bring the car on Tuesday. Lol
I insisted to bring it tomorrow morning as it might not be there by then. Thanks alot, appreciate your help! 🫡

PS: I guess it’s time to make a news thread for this matter hate to post unrelated questions here. Sorry guys!
Plz let us know when you make that new thread. I can’t seem to find TPMS calibration menu. Not inside my vehicle setting…
Sponsored