• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

Use20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
congrats man that's crazy how quick you can go from losing hope of getting FL5 to being asked to come get the car....for those still waiting hang in there you can see many of us picked up their cars and we were all in the same waiting boat
I'm still waiting 😩
Sponsored

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Last edited:

TO_FL5_CW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 FL5
I did see it yesterday, but it’s to a dealership with a higher price than what’s shown there. Worth inquiring though.

EDIT: Adding dealership post from AT

Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 9.49.26 AM.png
I spoke to the guy who posted, yeah available through local Honda dealer you posted

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
So people are flipping these for a quick $5-10k. Pretty frustrating for those who just want the car for MSRP. Or the car is not what they were expecting from the beginning.

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
So people are flipping these for a quick $5-10k. Pretty frustrating for those who just want the car for MSRP. Or the car is not what they were expecting from the beginning.
When I was picked up by the GM/Owner of my dealership on a 4hr drive to his dealership we had a good conversation on how I was able to snag their FL5.

Apparently, the guy who ordered the FL5 was flagged down by honda system as he had history of exporting rare cars. Dealership wanted the guy to sign a clause of no export but refused after.

Not all dealership follow this though, might be another reason why we feel like we are receiving less as recorded as what we are receiving. Might be just a story, might be true.

Spartacus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Acura Legend GS 6 Speed
When I was picked up by the GM/Owner of my dealership on a 4hr drive to his dealership we had a good conversation on how I was able to snag their FL5.

Apparently, the guy who ordered the FL5 was flagged down by honda system as he had history of exporting rare cars. Dealership wanted the guy to sign a clause of no export but refused after.

Not all dealership follow this though, might be another reason why we feel like we are receiving less as recorded as what we are receiving. Might be just a story, might be true.
I heard this exact story/excuse as to why a dealership only sells local. Just like every dealership that has these overpriced are claiming they bought it back from an owner who had buyers remorse🤦🏼‍♂️ That means there’s a whole lot of people unsatisfied with this platform which I’m not buying. We all know the dealerships are doing and it’s disgusting. There’s a white 23 in Nanaimo that they won’t advertise it’s got about 170km on it and they want 75k. Sales person told me they sold it to a Honda collector but ended up buying back at a premium for the grand re opening. Meanwhile the dealership sold 2 other Type Rs during this time. The GM of the dealership told me a different story. It’s never been registered just driven by staff and it’s basically new 🤷🏼‍♂️ I offered them 65 OTD because MSRP on the 23 was just under 52k. They refuse to sell below 70k because that’s what the market dictates it’s worth he said🤦🏼‍♂️ Yeah the market these dealerships are trying to create😡

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2

This sounds similar to what @sam3r_11 talked about before he received his car. I mean, it's a good thing that it's there, but I would hate that to be the reason why it's hard to obtain one.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
I heard this exact story/excuse as to why a dealership only sells local. Just like every dealership that has these overpriced are claiming they bought it back from an owner who had buyers remorse🤦🏼‍♂️ That means there’s a whole lot of people unsatisfied with this platform which I’m not buying. We all know the dealerships are doing and it’s disgusting. There’s a white 23 in Nanaimo that they won’t advertise it’s got about 170km on it and they want 75k. Sales person told me they sold it to a Honda collector but ended up buying back at a premium for the grand re opening. Meanwhile the dealership sold 2 other Type Rs during this time. The GM of the dealership told me a different story. It’s never been registered just driven by staff and it’s basically new 🤷🏼‍♂️ I offered them 65 OTD because MSRP on the 23 was just under 52k. They refuse to sell below 70k because that’s what the market dictates it’s worth he said🤦🏼‍♂️ Yeah the market these dealerships are trying to create😡
It could be buyers remorse or just the current economic climate we're in now. If someone was to tell me years ago that the monthly cost of a CTR is $1000+ without a downpayment, I would have scoffed at the idea, but that's the reality now. Everything is expensive now and carrying the cost of a car that much is not ideal unless you can afford it. And because these cars are difficult to obtain, the dealerships are willing to put the screws in even if it means their reputation is dragged through the dirt a little.

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This sounds similar to what @sam3r_11 talked about before he received his car. I mean, it's a good thing that it's there, but I would hate that to be the reason why it's hard to obtain one.
Kind of similar. But what I mean is that small % of our FL5 might have been imported out already by these rich guys enlisting their names on each and every province.

Forgot to add, the guy who was enlisted to their dealership had 6-7 home address on diff province and was listed on diff dealerships too. He might have snagged a few, who knows.

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV

My good friend works at MB and they force these clauses for G/GLS and some others as this has been a huge problem for them. Some of these car are exported for an easy $25k+ I was shocked.

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My good friend works at MB and they force these clauses for G/GLS and some others as this has been a huge problem for them. Some of these car are exported for an easy $25k+ I was shocked.
This is exactly what he told me. GM/Owner told me its happening with the FL5 too.