• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Does any1 feel Honda will finally listen, and the 11th gen Si will be a huge improvement power wise?

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
that shits unbelievable. when i was a teenager (90s) every teenager coulnnt wait to get their license and drive. it was like the key to freedom.

of course that was a much different (better) time to live in. up to the early 2000s. i miss those years like crazy and what life was like back then *tear*
People who were our age in the late 90s / early 2000s said the same thing about the 80s lol
Sponsored

Blindeye_03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR - white
again i like, i mean love my si.

i got the optional goodyear f1 summer tires with my si and it handles amazing with them. yes there are better more expensive tires out there, but compared to the stock goodyear a/s, the f1s put them to shame.
Yeah the stock all seasons suck for straight line acceleration unless its warm and dry out. However, they arent bad for cornering in the dry. Just throw some rain down and its time to drive like grandma. I miss the tires I had on my Fiesta ST - "BFGoodrich G-Force comp-2 A/S".

Based on honda’s History of most their civics, Honda has been keeping the power figures pretty close for 2 generations with differences in displacements starting with the 6th gen. 6th and 7th gen 160hp . 8th and 9th 197-205hp. 10th gen has a large increase on torque. I have a feeling the 11th gen might have a little more power but not enough to really say anything has changed. Honda also has a habit of having more issues on the odd number gens. The non si trims especially follow this trend. 6-7 127hp. 8-9 140hp. I fear Honda will screw up something for next gen
What was messed up on the 7th gen Si?

Blindeye_03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR - white
People who were our age in the late 90s / early 2000s said the same thing about the 80s lol
LOL growing up I had no interest in driving.. My second car was a '01 Subaru Impreza RS and the local car group I would meet up with introduced me to autocross... that was how it all started and it went downhill from there $$$ mods $$$$ tires $$$$$$ changing cars like underwear...

nothome17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 is 350 F
I don't see why not, they already are manufacturing motors (Accord) that can easily go in the civic. Unless they want to save money and milk it since the 1.5t cost less to produce.

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Yeah the stock all seasons suck for straight line acceleration unless its warm and dry out. However, they arent bad for cornering in the dry. Just throw some rain down and its time to drive like grandma. I miss the tires I had on my Fiesta ST - "BFGoodrich G-Force comp-2 A/S".

What was messed up on the 7th gen Si?
Removal of the front double wishbone suspension

Moistdef

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
I predict at most it would be a modest bump to maybe 210 or 215 hp. They would probably also increase the HP of the Type R as well and keep a ~100HP difference between the two. Honda already stated that the reason they're not using a de-tuned Type R motor is that it would significantly increase the cost of the Si into upper $20,000s or even low $30,000s. They need to keep the price as close as possible to $25k.

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
I predict at most it would be a modest bump to maybe 210 or 215 hp. They would probably also increase the HP of the Type R as well and keep a ~100HP difference between the two. Honda already stated that the reason they're not using a de-tuned Type R motor is that it would significantly increase the cost of the Si into upper $20,000s or even low $30,000s. They need to keep the price as close as possible to $25k.
They could do what Hyundai is doing with the Veloster N. They offer a base trim that has 250hp and then a performance package that provides 275hp and other upgrades. This increases the base price by roughly $2K, which would still make the Si a good value and not step on the toes of the CTR. Something to think about Honda :hmm:

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
They could do what Hyundai is doing with the Veloster N. They offer a base trim that has 250hp and then a performance package that provides 275hp and other upgrades. This increases the base price by roughly $2K, which would still make the Si a good value and not step on the toes of the CTR. Something to think about Honda :hmm:
The Veloster N is a CTR competitor. A 275 HP Si would compete with the CTR. I would like to see a version of the K20c4 make it into the Si though.

OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
They did the same thing with the Integra to the RSX.
yes and the rsx still remained fairly popular. not too many ppl bitched about it in that case but i rmember every1 complaining when it was removed foe the 7th gen civic.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
         '18 Si Coupe     '19 Si Sedan   '00 Civic Si    '00 LSV Integra
shit this might be the last gen for coupes for honda. that shit would really suck.
This was taken into consideration when I was purchasing my coupe. I hardly see them, let alone Si Coupes.

...Teenagers don't even want cars anymore. Uber is cool and cars are for old conservative people.
The true reason is; The cost of living is rapidly outgrowing the wages most employers pay. More millennials in their twenties and thirties are living at home with parents because they simply cannot afford to live on their own. Average income being $11 an hour and 1 bedroom apartments in my area going for $1400/month. Working full time, that's roughly $1,760 before taxes. A single person with that pay cannot afford rent, let alone food, gas, insurance, phone bills, electricity, water, etc.

So, millennials are opting to not put themselves in debt by buying cars brand new. They'll buy them used, cash or Uber around. They're also forgoing expensive large weddings, jewelry, etc.

This is why you see all these Boomers writing articles for newspapers and magazines going "Millennials are killing X Industry". No Boomers; We're adapting to your incredibly poor decisions over the years.

Last edited:

Blindeye_03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR - white
yes and the rsx still remained fairly popular. not too many ppl bitched about it in that case but i rmember every1 complaining when it was removed foe the 7th gen civic.
I remember it too, but I thought it was more because the type s got the 200hp motor while the ep3 got the same 160hp as the base rsx.

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan, 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
It's time to get a time capsule lol...I would like to get an older Si and preserve it while they still can be bought for decent prices.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
that shits unbelievable. when i was a teenager (90s) every teenager coulnnt wait to get their license and drive. it was like the key to freedom.

of course that was a much different (better) time to live in. up to the early 2000s. i miss those years like crazy and what life was like back then *tear*
Yes those were the days throughout the 90s! My friend at that time stole 10s of thousands$$$ worth of merchandise from his big box store and put nearly every penny into buying and modding his 5th gen Civic hatch. Nice car! His fathers advice; if your gonna steal, steal big son...lol. Ironically, that very store won awards for best sales:rofl: 1990s to early 2000s were really fun times with friends and our cars. Miss that era and crowd

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe
This was taken into consideration when I was purchasing my coupe. I hardly see them, let alone Si Coupes.

The true reason is; The cost of living is rapidly outgrowing the wages most employers pay. More millennials in their twenties and thirties are living at home with parents because they simply cannot afford to live on their own. Average income being $11 an hour and 1 bedroom apartments in my area going for $1400/month. Working full time, that's roughly $1,760 before taxes. A single person with that pay cannot afford rent, let alone food, gas, insurance, phone bills, electricity, water, etc.

So, millennials are opting to not put themselves in debt by buying cars brand new. They'll buy them used, cash or Uber around. They're also forgoing expensive large weddings, jewelry, etc.

This is why you see all these Boomers writing articles for newspapers and magazines going "Millennials are killing X Industry". No Boomers; We're adapting to your incredibly poor decisions over the years.
Coupes rule and boomers suck!
Sponsored