• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Drop in K&N filter available for FL5

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Just a heads up, all US Sprint Filter dealers/distributors are out of stock on air filters for the FL5. The next shipment is set to arrive in 30-45 days so if you're remotely interested, I suggest placing your order.
Spoon filters in stock. šŸ˜

11th Gen Honda Civic Drop in K&N filter available for FL5 IMG_3022

(They are at the bottom of this box.)
Sponsored

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Thanks

Please note that I edited my post to indicate that I have the Spoon branded filters, not Sprint branded. Sorry for any confusion there.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Thanks

Please note that I edited my post to indicate that I have the Spoon branded filters, not Sprint branded. Sorry for any confusion there.
Ah, makes sense. Appreciate the clarification. At this time I'm only interested in the Sprint filter.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Ah, makes sense. Appreciate the clarification. At this time I'm only interested in the Sprint filter.
Fair enough. I jumped the gun on my reply. Sorry again for the confusion!

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Just FYI- I received an email from Madness that my Sprint filter has shipped. Iā€™ve had it on order since January or February, so it looks like their stock has finally replenished.
Mine shipped earlier this week and will arrive today. I went in a different direction so I have no need for it. Debating whether I want to send it back or sell it local. What was explained to me by the vendor is these filters are never stocked and are special order only (6-8 week wait).

daazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Miata
Mine shipped earlier this week and will arrive today. I went in a different direction so I have no need for it. Debating whether I want to send it back or sell it local. What was explained to me by the vendor is these filters are never stocked and are special order only (6-8 week wait).
I'd be interested if you're selling. lmk!

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB Type-R
FYI - I ordered the Sprint filter from Madness Autoworks on April 10th, and just got it yesterday (April 19th). Maybe it was lucky timing on my part. I also live within a few miles of where it was shipped from.

TypeRGirl

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, na 88 RX7
Just installed my Sprint filter. Damn, this must flow a LOT more than stock because itā€™s lot louder. I didnā€™t go WOT because Iā€™m still not broken in, but even during standard driving and shifting, you can hear it sucking in air and the ā€œwhooshā€ when you get off the throttle. Canā€™t wait to hear it in 409 more miles when I actually can go WOT!
šŸ¤© Which one did you get? P08 or P08F1-85?

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Hard to imagine that we are 7 pages in, talking about drop in filters. :lol:

The factory intake definitely isn't a bad setup but we look forward to full aftermarket intake systems coming to market.

TypeRGirl

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, na 88 RX7
The cheaper one for $109.99. my receipt doesnā€™t have the part number.

I read reviews on some motorcycle forums (Sprint filters are very popular on bikes) that the more expensive, higher flow one sacrifices filtering ability for higher flow, and their air boxes would get very, very dirty which made some people worry about what was getting into the engine. The cheaper Sprint filter filtered particles better, but still left a slight film of dust in the air box. So it does not filter as good as K&N or stock, but flows better than both. This is why I opted for the cheaper one- seems like a decent balance between flow & filtering ability.
Iā€™ve read that post about the dirt bikeā€™s observations. Maybe Iā€™m interpreting the data tested from Sprint incorrectly? Does this mean the higher performance one have almost 3x airflow and still have 95% filtration?

11th Gen Honda Civic Drop in K&N filter available for FL5 3E92BD03-BA08-483C-B4C7-8971F09A042B

TypeRGirl

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, na 88 RX7
I saw that too but never trust manufacturer data (unless itā€™s dyno comparisons) since itā€™s mostly marketing. In order to flow better, it would have to allow more particles through. The way I look at it- if youā€™re in a racecar or time attack car, opt for the expensive one. If itā€™s a daily or weekend driver, opt for the cheaper one for better protection.
Tru. Thanks for your advice :) We actually reached out to clarify which one filters better and this is what they said, makes sense. This must be the one you got, I like how you said it was louder! Iā€™m leaning in this direction too bc I donā€™t wanna mess with oil soaked filters.

11th Gen Honda Civic Drop in K&N filter available for FL5 13B2CE5A-4F0A-4DF6-805B-FB539C988B96

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
What are the longer term concerns with an aftermarket filter here? It seems like everything that isn't the OEM has worse filtration and I'd hate to lessen my engine life with an aftermarket filter.
Sponsored