• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

East Coast FL5 Delivery Estimates/Confirmations

OP
OP

igozoomzoom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
My dealership hosted a bunch of Honda Corporate District managers today, I'll try and find out what's going on with the east cost deliveries.
That would be fantastic! Even just to know they're being loaded from the port would make me happy at this point. :')
Sponsored

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
That would be fantastic! Even just to know they're being loaded from the port would make me happy at this point. :')
Been calling on our fellow west coasters, and no one has answered the call to go check the Portā€¦.

KnoxTn17Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
My salesperson texted me and said not good news. My bad, 1st text is the 2nd part.

11th Gen Honda Civic East Coast FL5 Delivery Estimates/Confirmations Screenshot_20221115-145525_Messages

11th Gen Honda Civic East Coast FL5 Delivery Estimates/Confirmations Screenshot_20221115-145520_Messages

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
So commiefornia is just hoarding all of the Type R's other than the few that sneaked out into Nv, Az, and Utah.

OP
OP

igozoomzoom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
My salesperson texted me and said not good news. My bad, 1st text is the 2nd part.

Screenshot_20221115-145525_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20221115-145520_Messages.jpg
Lmao, that's grand. I hope it gets moved pretty fast seeing as the cars arrived there foreverrrr ago. California lets their peeps drive it now but wont share the glory.

DarthTrizzle

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe

Screenshot_20221115-145525_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20221115-145520_Messages.jpg
A close friend of mine owns a car transport company. He said I may get my car before the end of the year and that anything coming out of Cali by rail is seriously delayed by labor disputes.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Ah yes, California, the bane of US car enthusiasts
Seriously doubt that its California Regulations. If anything its the labor shortages. People are getting laid off and there arent alot of truck drivers. There is a historic low of truck drivers. Late stage capitalism is to blame.

DarthTrizzle

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
Seriously doubt that its California Regulations. If anything its the labor shortages. People are getting laid off and there arent alot of truck drivers. There is a historic low of truck drivers. Late stage capitalism is to blame.
How is it the truck drivers fault when they are sitting in a railroad port? West coast is getting cars delivered because they are coming by truck, not train.

Last edited:

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
Not all cars coming to east coast come by train. Many are also delivered by truck. Dealers confirm this as well.

Hownia it the truck drivers fau

How is it the truck drivers fault when they are sitting in a railroad port? West coast is getting cars delivered because they are coming by truck, not train.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
So, this is what I could get out of them. Honda is just as frustrated as you are with the delays for East Coast deliveries. Main problem is there is not enough active labor to effectively cover the east coast in a manner that benefits as many east coast dealerships as possible.

If they just push out what they are able to do now, then only a small number of dealerships in each east coast state, would have a Type R on the ground. This presents an unfair advantage to the dealerships that receive a car as opposed to the ones that don't, also if they can't supply everyone then who decides which dealership gets their car and which dealership doesn't. Think about it, someone at another dealership gets their Type R 6-8 weeks before you even though you guys are only a city or county apart from each other, hell y'all might even be in the same city or county.

Fixing the labor shortage also presents a problem because hiring a bunch of people to fulfill these deliveries takes time to get done properly. Buying Hansen was one of the first steps, but the fruits of that move will not be apparent until Mid-2023 at the earliest.

Unfortunately Logistical issues don't get fixed over-night.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
so whatā€™s the outcome then? When are they delivering. They canā€™t just let them sit. Thatā€™s bs. West coast is getting them but they donā€™t want to deliver to east? What are they doing.

So, this is what I could get out of them. Honda is just as frustrated as you are with the delays for East Coast deliveries. Main problem is there is not enough active labor to effectively cover the east coast in a manner that benefits as many east coast dealerships as possible.

If they just push out what they are able to do now, then only a small number of dealerships in each east coast state, would have a Type R on the ground. This presents an unfair advantage to the dealerships that receive a car as opposed to the ones that don't, also if they can't supply everyone then who decides which dealership gets their car and which dealership doesn't. Think about it, someone at another dealership gets their Type R 6-8 weeks before you even though you guys are only a city or county apart from each other, hell y'all might even be in the same city or county.

Fixing the labor shortage also presents a problem because hiring a bunch of people to fulfill these deliveries takes time to get done properly. Buying Hansen was one of the first steps, but the fruits of that move will not be apparent until Mid-2023 at the earliest.

Unfortunately Logistical issues don't get fixed over-night.

WeudS

First Name
Daoud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 RR CTR, (Sold)2021 RR CTR, 2011 Tahoe LTZ
At this rate I'll have made my first payment before the car shows up. šŸ˜­

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
so whatā€™s the outcome then? When are they delivering. They canā€™t just let them sit. Thatā€™s bs. West coast is getting them but they donā€™t want to deliver to east? What are they doing.
Did you not read or understand what that guy just said?

There are labor shortages, therefore they cannot fully move all of the cars. They bought a Hansen contract to get the cars shipped, however it will takes several months before they can actually get them moved. So they'll just sit.
Sponsored