• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

East Coast FL5 Delivery Estimates/Confirmations

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
I wonder if it was rubbing against something while in transit? That is not from a car wash or sitting on shore for days.
It could be both. I can promise you that these cars wont be transported via an enclosed transport. So while they travel across country they'll just be getting messed up when they arrive at the dealership and of the dealership doesn't clean the car correctly they can make it worse
Sponsored

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Agreed, I have had my last 4 cars ceramic coated. The most important part or step is the paint correction. On a new car a stage 1 paint correction is all that is needed before applying the ceramic coat. Just make sure to find a good detailer. Anyone can apply ceramic but the polishing or paint correction is what make the car pop and not every detailer has this skill set. Don’t care how much you spend on a new car, paint from factory needs paint correction.
Would it be a bad idea to just get the PPF done and then do the ceramic coating at a later time?$

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
It could be both. I can promise you that these cars wont be transported via an enclosed transport. So while they travel across country they'll just be getting messed up when they arrive at the dealership and of the dealership doesn't clean the car correctly they can make it worse
Sounds like they care. Honda logistics doing its thing.

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Would it be a bad idea to just get the PPF done and then do the ceramic coating at a later time?$
You can do that. Once you have the PPF on, the paint will be fully protected. The ceramic coating will just add another layer of coating (and make it way easier to wash), but you don't have to put it on immediately.

Jflorio

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hinda Civic Type R
You can do it together. Typically I will PFF the front of my car and ceramic coat the rest. Some detailers will apply ceramic to PFF after installation but this is really a matter of preference and cost.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
You can do it together. Typically I will PFF the front of my car and ceramic coat the rest. Some detailers will apply ceramic to PFF after installation but not sure if this is really needed.
Thats a recipe for disaster when you pull the ppf off and have two different colors of paint on your car from uneven exposure.

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
Thats a recipe for disaster when you pull the ppf off and have two different colors of paint on your car from uneven exposure.
I have never thought of that... I feel like you can paint correct (deep stages) exposed part of the body which was not covered by ppf? This is years later talking but I get what you're worried about.

Jflorio

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hinda Civic Type R
Never been an issue as the ceramic prevents color deterioration on the rest of the car, but still a concern nonetheless.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I have never thought of that... I feel like you can paint correct (deep stages) exposed part of the body which was not covered by ppf? This is years later talking but I get what you're worried about.
Its more of a long-term potential issue. Ppf these days is incredible but if only doing one section and the car is outdoors a lot, the other panels can fade.

Y82OneTwoSix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR - 2022 MDX Type S Advance
Its more of a long-term potential issue. Ppf these days is incredible but if only doing one section and the car is outdoors a lot, the other panels can fade.
Based on personal experience applying a partial PPF is a pure waste of time and money.

In fact many PPF businesses/installers in my area will not even look at doing a partial PPF.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Based on personal experience applying a partial PPF is a pure waste of time and money.

In fact many PPF businesses/installers in my area will not even look at doing a partial PPF.
How is partial PPF a waste of money? If you’re talking about protecting high impact areas like the entire front end, how would that be a waste?

DarthTrizzle

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
How is partial PPF a waste of money? If you’re talking about protecting high impact areas like the entire front end, how would that be a waste?
That's what I'm doing. Just the front bumper, hood, fenders, and side mirrors in ppf. Then ceramic over that and the rest of the car. In fact when I price shopped every place gave me a quote for that and a full ppf price.

Modular Cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #581, 04 GSX-R600
Some in my SCCA region PPF areas common for cone strikes and it has worked well. I'm thinking of doing that myself as well for autocross situations. I figure the ceramic coating will help with any tire debris from the track. Marks will be inevitable with my use, but I can hopefully hold off a lot of them for a while.