• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
I think the 11th gen's improved steering, shifting, suspension tuning, chassis rigidity, power delivery, exhaust note, as well as improved interior and exterior styling make it a worthy successor to the 10th gen.

But if heated seats and foglights are more important than all those things to other people, that's fine too. We all have different priorities!

Andrewb325

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 SGP Civic Si (delivered!)
If missing heated seats and a few gimmicks like a digital dash and shift lights are enough to put you off of what is shaping up to be the best Civic Si ever, an instant classic in the sport compact segment, one of the best and maybe one of the last affordable, internal combustion, manual transmission, driver-focused cars, then I'd say that's your loss. Talk about missing the forest for the trees!
I think you nailed it with this post. This could very well be one of the last manual transmission cars…ever. Yeah, I’m a little pissed that I won’t get the heated seats or full screen dash, but I’m not crying about it. I ordered mine because I think this really is going to be a special car and I don’t want to miss the chance to own one.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Overall a good portion of 10th gen owners like myself have said the 11th is a good car. While we may have preferred a power bump and sportier styling and we bemoan some lost features, the 11th is a nice car.

But the way some owners of the 11th talk, the 10th was a fugly, poor driving piece of shit. Which honestly couldn't be further from the truth.

Last edited:

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
But the way many owners of the 11th talk, the 10th was a fugly, poor driving piece of shit. Which honestly couldn't be further from the truth.
So true, I live on the far west side of Vegas and several nights a week I'll drive over to my friends house.. on the way I get to engage a round about(which occasionally I'll go around 2-3 times at the very edge of spinning out of control), then a sharp right turn w/ a constant acceleration up a steep hill, at the top it's a right onto the freeway on ramp--speed up to 85mph, check for LE and then 95 up and down a couple more steep hills till I reach Cheyenne turnoff. My 10 Gen Si performs outstanding the whole way. I want to put her through the paces for a couple more years before moving on to the next, best thing.

Last edited:

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda CRV, 2023 Civic Sport Touring (6MT)
If missing heated seats and a few gimmicks like a digital dash and shift lights are enough to put you off of what is shaping up to be the best Civic Si ever, an instant classic in the sport compact segment, one of the best and maybe one of the last affordable, internal combustion, manual transmission, driver-focused cars, then I'd say that's your loss. Talk about missing the forest for the trees!

As soon is my Si gets here, I'm putting on a "Heated seats are for wimps" bumper sticker. :D
Had they not increased the price over two thousand dollars while removing all that content it could probably be overlooked. But alas they did. For a car over 28000 USD with destination it should still have basic features like a temp gauge and heated seats that even the most bargain basement cars have.

Reactions: mjh
OP
OP

Patel

First Name
Patel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic sport

As soon is my Si gets here, I'm putting on a "Heated seats are for wimps" bumper sticker. :D
Nah u just mad

OP
OP

Patel

First Name
Patel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic sport
Oh yeah and the US Civic is 92 pounds lighter than the Canadian Civic thanks to all those missing features. I'll take that over a few extra gizmos any day.
Well most Americans are overweight so honda had to lighting the weight lol jokes

Stealthy86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan
It's inflation, dude. And unless you're new to the car scene, it's commonplace for canada/euro spec models of the same car to get more/different features than the US market for less or equal money. Even with less features i'd absolutely take the interior, fit and finish of the 11th gen over the 10th gen. They aren't even in the same league. If you don't want it, don't buy it. If you don't see the value, then obviously this car isn't for you.

Stealthy86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan
I mean, i've got both (10th and 11th). I'm not saying it's a luxury car. I'm saying that when comparing The 10th gen, or previous generations to the 11th, it feels like a different class. I'd even say it's better than my 2020 GTI. As far as the fabric goes, it's definitely not the same. Much more plush and a tighter weave than the scratchy stuff that was on the door panels and armrest of the 10th gen. Doesn't feel or look the same.

I'm kinda glad the heated seats are gone, because they etch the pattern of the heating element in the seats of the 10th gen, lol.

Last edited:

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
It is a little funny how heated things are getting here. I have a 2020 Si, and the fit and finish of mine is perfect, perhaps because Honda improved some things over the course of the cycle compared to 2017-18 models. I suspect the performance improvements that reviewers observe on the 11th gen are a little too subtle for a normie like me to pick up on, but I could be wrong about that.

The thing I wish people would appreciate more in these threads is how the Canadian situation is just different from that in the US. Honda Canada makes the Si to be its most expensive trim, a combination of Touring equipment with Si performance, and priced accordingly. Canadian Touring is $30,265 ("CANADIAN" reading this in Yuri's voice), and Si is $33,150. The United States bases the Si off the EX, and priced less than Touring. So a "Touring Si" in the USA would probably MSRP for at least $32,500 (adding about $3000 to USA touring trim). Also, Canadian sales taxes are much higher than the USA (I believe at least around 14 percent), which is something else Honda Canada has to account for when deciding how to price their products. So Canadian Si versus USA Si is an apples to oranges comparison.

Personally, I'd seriously consider a Canadian equipped Si (even at 33K) if it was available to me. I prefer the more sedate styling of the 11th gen, do agree that the interior is superior, and I would appreciate the small performance improvements and the updated tech (especially the infotainment). But being an older guy living in the northeast USA, creature comforts like heated seats are 100 percent non-negotiable for the only car that I own. So I'll stick with the 2020, which pleases me because I know it's the right move financially too. I love my Si because it hits a sweet spot of practical and fun.

OP
OP

Patel

First Name
Patel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic sport
What break? The 11thgen interior is miles ahead of the 10th..man these 10thgen owners are bitter

Si_NSX904

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Oh yeah and the US Civic is 92 pounds lighter than the Canadian Civic thanks to all those missing features. I'll take that over a few extra gizmos any day.
Not to mention, you can add or remove whatever it is to YOUR car whenever you want too.
Sponsored