• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

evanescent03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITS, C8 Z06; great pairing
another accolade for the CTR. love it. another "doh" for the toyota. i had a GR86 for a bit and found a lot of the interior and finishes to be pretty sub-par. doesn't surprise me that they made a track car that calls 9-1-1 when you slam the curbs lol. reminds me of a guy i met at the track who deployed the curtain airbags on his Cadillac CTS-V coupe going through a fast sweeper ... car thought he was flipping over!! luckily he avoided a crash somehow.

FL5 FTW. Nice to see multiple decent chioces though to satisfy multiple preferences/wants! The Elantra N seems to get the "best performance per buck" award over and over again but i just can't like it ....
Sponsored

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I'm not sure that's right. Octane in standard petrol in the UK is 95, premium fuel is 97 or 99 octane, so it makes sense to have a different tune to maximise that.
Europe and Japan have different octane ratings as well as hp.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
A short recap of your previous remarks.

* Notorious fitting front bumper/grill with bumper sag with the skirts fitting horribly
* FK8 paint was a complete joke
* An embarrassing Bose audio system
* Inferior material quality
* Inferior door handles/opening/closing doors
* More cabin noise and rattles
* Inferior rev matching and the list goes on

In spite of all of the above you loved your FK8, and after 8,000 miles of driving my 2018 I had no understanding of my CTR, now that is hilarious!

Carry on as many of your comments are simply beyond comprehension.
I really don't get what point you are trying to make here. If you spent any time around the FK8 community you would see people complaining about those problems. To completely invalidate them and view them as being crass just because you never experienced or noticed them in the short time that you had your CTR is disingenuous and delusional.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
I really don't get what point you are trying to make here. If you spent any time around the FK8 community you would see people complaining about those problems. To completely invalidate them and view them as being crass just because you never experienced or noticed them in the short time that you had your CTR is disingenuous and delusional.
dude relax…he put 8000 whole miles on his fk8 driving wild to the grocery store and bought a 92 integra and mdx in his Honda history

having owned both cars longer than he has does not validate my statement

he is totally right

CTR39322

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
2018 Honda Pilot base price when new $31,895
2023 Honda Pilot base price $40,495
Increase of 27%

Median home price in US in 2018 was ~ $320,000
Median home price in US in 2022 was ~ $455,000
Increase of 42%

INFLATION IS A BITCH. THANK YOU UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT FOR ALL THE HANDOUTS THAT DESTROYED ANYONE WITH CASH SAVINGS
Isn’t the inflation a world wide problem post covid? Not just affecting the United States?

CTR39322

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
8,000 miles? lol...i put 28k in 1 year on my fk8, like i said...you didn't drive your car enough to understand these issues including multiple auto-x's, track days, etc.

nobody said i hate the fk8...i loved it, but once again you're missing the point...the fl5 is an fk8 that has been refined...all the bad from the fk8 has been wiped out...honda even realized that the hood vent/scoop was in the wrong location all along
Refined to a 20k price difference?

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
Few countries stimulated with 4-5 TRILLION USD over two years. The strong American consumer and businesses back by cheap money led the way to worldwide inflation. Other western countries had the same free money policies which compounded the problem. Ask this question. During COVID with unemployment at very high levels how was it that the US consumer was able to go on a spending spree for two years? The obviousness of the actions of our government leading to such rampant inflation due to the amount of huge free money stimulated demand at a time of low supply was a colossal blunder by our government that the lowest and middle income citizen taxpayers paid dearly for.

Last edited:

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
To put in Perspective how much a trillion dollars is consider this. 1 millions seconds is = 11.5 days, 1 billion seconds = 31.7 years, 1 trillion seconds = 31,700 years

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Lol okay so factor in the bumps on FK8’s when they were new too…that’s not a $20k swing, stop it

I paid msrp for both of mine, so yes the $10k increase was perfectly fine and especially nearly 6 years between the two purchases and with inflation