• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rainy4s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VA WRX STI,
Actually the price is already leaked a few days ago, but some paperwork that was released today when potential buyers pay the “application fee"(申込金) kinda confirm the info. A Youtuber( TakeTV100) had made a video explaining everything. The price is 4,997,300 Yen ( 10% tax included), which is only 250,000 Yen (5.26%) higher than FK8 in japan and 500,000 Yen lower than the Limited Edition.

FL5 didn't have Factory-installed Option, but it did have ”Honda Access" accessories(including that dry carbon rear spoiler). like the form below, the YouTuber has 200,000 Yen accessories option, Honda Access for FL5
https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threads/fl5-type-r-jdm-spec-honda-access-genuine-accessories.50891/

after the legal/insurance fee that is highly unrelated to NA, the final price is about 5,550,000 Yen

11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Type R's Japan Price leaked @ 4,997,300 Yen (5.26% higher than FK8) _20220724183251
Sponsored

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
For reference, the dollar to yen exchange rate is 23.5% higher now than this same time last year, so it seems unlikely that the price hike in the US would need to be even higher than the one in Japan. That being said they could always increase price more if they feel demand in the US is significantly stronger than in Japan and they plan to sell proportionately fewer cars.

skeg808

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, GR86
What nobody is talking about (actually I think very few understand) is that Honda has totally screwed up the way they are taking orders in Japan.

Basically each sales company has been given an allocation of cars for the first wave which will be cars manufactured in this financial year ending March 2023. For example the Honda sales company in my prefecture had 30 cars allocated. Factory orders for those cars will start September 1st.

Beyond that first confirmed allocation Honda has made no promises and there is a good potential that there will be significantly more orders than Honda can actually build cars.
Apparently these cars are being built in the Saitama Yori factory which also manufactures the Civic, Insight, Freed, CR-V and e
(if anyone is in Japan you can actually book a tour of this factory - I did with my kids many years ago and they had a great time)

Most dealers - including mine, are switching to a lottery system to decide which orders get placed to Honda for the manufacturing slots the dealers are allocated. If the demand remains high and supply low its likely that this will continue. Dispite the fact that Honda calls this a "Catalog Model" - meaning that it is not a quanitity limited model.

The document most people are showing online and the one I posted here last week is a 注文書 (order form) and it is an agreement between the individual and the specific Honda sales company. If you carefully read the conditions on the document that goes with this they can cancel your order for any reason. So sadly all these people, including me, that placed orders are not guaranteed to get a car even despite the long wait.
Note that the document posted above appears to not be an order form but actualy a 見積書 (quotation form) which is why it has an expiration date on the top left of one month from now.

If anyone wants to brave a Japanese talking head video this one from the Honda Nozaki channel - the #1 Type R dealer in Japan explains the situation quite well.

He is being careful about what he says, but he clearly states his opinions:
1. Honda should make enough cars to supply demand
2. Dealers should be honest with customers and fill orders on a first come first served basis

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Key words - lottery system

this will be very interesting.
I believe it is up to the dealership to decide once they get their allocation how they want to distribute to their customers. Unless your regional Honda HQ mandates or specifies a unique allocation method (like lotto/sneaker drop model in Canada for the FK8 LE) then the power will be given to dealers to handle who gets what based on the orders and deposits they have from customers.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
The problem here is that the Japanese Yen has been getting crushed for decades. And not only against the USD. Inflation aside, it's not unreasonable to assume that this car will cost more in Japan than US. Same way a BMW M3 costs more in Germany despite being made there.

Last edited:

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
if they can keep it under 50k CAD before PDI and fees etc.. I will happily add accessories to my car to "help" my dealer.
keeping my fingers crossed.

taiso0019

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #4114 | 2022 Veloster N | 2015 TuRD PRO
What nobody is talking about (actually I think very few understand) is that Honda has totally screwed up the way they are taking orders in Japan.

Basically each sales company has been given an allocation of cars for the first wave which will be cars manufactured in this financial year ending March 2023. For example the Honda sales company in my prefecture had 30 cars allocated. Factory orders for those cars will start September 1st.

Beyond that first confirmed allocation Honda has made no promises and there is a good potential that there will be significantly more orders than Honda can actually build cars.
Apparently these cars are being built in the Saitama Yori factory which also manufactures the Civic, Insight, Freed, CR-V and e
(if anyone is in Japan you can actually book a tour of this factory - I did with my kids many years ago and they had a great time)

Most dealers - including mine, are switching to a lottery system to decide which orders get placed to Honda for the manufacturing slots the dealers are allocated. If the demand remains high and supply low its likely that this will continue. Dispite the fact that Honda calls this a "Catalog Model" - meaning that it is not a quanitity limited model.

The document most people are showing online and the one I posted here last week is a 注文書 (order form) and it is an agreement between the individual and the specific Honda sales company. If you carefully read the conditions on the document that goes with this they can cancel your order for any reason. So sadly all these people, including me, that placed orders are not guaranteed to get a car even despite the long wait.
Note that the document posted above appears to not be an order form but actualy a 見積書 (quotation form) which is why it has an expiration date on the top left of one month from now.

If anyone wants to brave a Japanese talking head video this one from the Honda Nozaki channel - the #1 Type R dealer in Japan explains the situation quite well.

He is being careful about what he says, but he clearly states his opinions:
1. Honda should make enough cars to supply demand
2. Dealers should be honest with customers and fill orders on a first come first served basis
Unfortunately this is not too different from how allocations work at US dealerships. In that just because you put down a deposit and are promised to be next in line, it does not always guarantee the delivery. The difference being that instead of a lottery system the dealerships that sell the most units of X car are more likely to get the next built example.

At least you guys have a written contract or document. Whenever dealerships here decided to switch the agreed-on-price at the last minute, or they simply did not get the color the customer was expecting...the buyer was basically on their own. Only recourse was to get their deposit back or take the car in whatever color was sent.

I agree on both of your bottom-line statements. Sadly neither one was the case here, especially back in 2017. There were raffles, shady auctions for a 'chance' to put the car, or people having a car sold from under them because another customer offered to pay more markup*.

(*all of these scenarios happened in my state or surrounding states)
Sponsored