• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Hondata just released an update with Pops and Bangs for the FL5. 3 levels: DE5 style, Stage 1, and Stage 2. I'm not a fan of obnoxious pops and bangs tunes, but I uploaded their DE5 equivalent. I don't hear anything reving while parked. While head out on the road later.

edit: took it out and they are definitely there now lol
73A9C452-9B2B-48B4-95B6-63DF243875F0_1_105_c.jpeg

IMG_0771.JPG
A quick adjustment will take care of that. The tables are zeroed out in neutral.

11th Gen Honda Civic Hondata FL5 FlashPro released IMG_3060

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Also please when updating the software take the flashpro with you so the firmware can be updated on that too. It needs to be unplugged from the car.

Also on the software now you can control the exhaust valve at will no need to remove the fuse anymore.

Last edited:

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Hondata just released an update with Pops and Bangs for the FL5. 3 levels: DE5 style, Stage 1, and Stage 2. I'm not a fan of obnoxious pops and bangs tunes, but I uploaded their DE5 equivalent. I don't hear anything reving while parked. While head out on the road later.

IMG_0771.JPG
Got it to work in neutral. By adjusting some parameters.

Last edited:

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I pulled up somewhere and was immediately asked why my car is making stupid popping noises hahah
Lol, its silly but fun none the less. I’m going to tune mine to be really mellow. And not obnoxious like some others out there.

nattypiso

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CW R-05536

IMG_0771.JPG

I tested this out this evening, I uploaded the “Stage 1” as I’m currently running AWE’s exhaust system with an aftermarket DP, and man! sounds like gunshots lol. Will test out the Factory Type S mod tomorrow, since this is quite loud and annoying for a daily driver. I’m hoping that downgrading to the Type S mod will be more of a consistent burble with less aggressive pops. Stage 1 literally has pops/bangs everytime I decelerate or rev match! So I can’t imagine how “Stage 2” would sound like with my exhaust setup.. I love how they mention “Please be responsible” in the description too haha.

Also can confirm, given that you don’t do any adjustments to the calibration and simply upload with the new mod, that Pops and Bangs only work when you are in +R mode, or if you’re in Individual mode, engine needs to be set to +R.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I tested this out this evening, I uploaded the “Stage 1” as I’m currently running AWE’s exhaust system with an aftermarket DP, and man! sounds like gunshots lol. Will test out the Factory Type S mod tomorrow, since this is quite loud and annoying for a daily driver. I’m hoping that downgrading to the Type S mod will be more of a consistent burble with less aggressive pops. Stage 1 literally has pops/bangs everytime I decelerate or rev match! So I can’t imagine how “Stage 2” would sound like with my exhaust setup.. I love how they mention “Please be responsible” in the description too haha.

Also can confirm, given that you don’t do any adjustments to the calibration and simply upload with the new mod, that Pops and Bangs only work when you are in +R mode, or if you’re in Individual mode, engine needs to be set to +R.
It will be less agressive with the type S version but you might still need to reduce the amount of timing retardation to not get it to pop as loud.

nattypiso

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CW R-05536
It will be less agressive with the type S version but you might still need to reduce the amount of timing retardation to not get it to pop as loud.
Definitely agree! I’m just trying to see how much of a difference it would be before editing any of the parameters.

But given my aftermarket DP and exhaust setup, I'm expecting it to still be loud. Adjustments will definitely be needed to further polish the sound.

Sorta out of topic, but very interesting to see “Added wastegate position and flow tables”. I would assume this would benefit Big turbo upgrades.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Definitely agree! I’m just trying to see how much of a difference it would be before editing any of the parameters.

But given my aftermarket DP and exhaust setup, I'm expecting it to still be loud. Adjustments will definitely be needed to further polish the sound.

Sorta out of topic, but very interesting to see “Added wastegate position and flow tables”. I would assume this would benefit Big turbo upgrades.
On your car it will be a must it will be loud either way.

Yes, on stock turbo applications they are already dialed in. But the wastegate tables look interesting as well as the compressor side tables.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I tested this out this evening, I uploaded the “Stage 1” as I’m currently running AWE’s exhaust system with an aftermarket DP, and man! sounds like gunshots lol
Can you PLEEEEEASE post a video of yours? I don't have an aftermarket exhaust yet, but can't wait to hear what the pops sound like with one.

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R
Can't wait to try Type S & Stage 1 paired with my AWE Track exhaust tonight. :headbang:

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Are burble tunes still bad for the cat, or is that a thing of the past? I still hate them, btw. Just curious if they’re still harmful.
Too agressive they will be, but an oem version that is mild will not be harmful. I’m doing a even more tame version for my car. Just want a very slight burble on decel.
Sponsored