• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Jester’s FL5 build journal.

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link

tezzasaurusrex

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: K20Z1 EK Civic, Golf R Mk7.5, B8 RS4
Build Thread
Link
@Jester04 How are you finding the Hasport RMM in terms of NVH? What has it done for the axle tramping? What durometer did you go for?

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
@Jester04 How are you finding the Hasport RMM in terms of NVH? What has it done for the axle tramping? What durometer did you go for?
The vibrations have really subsided. With the a/c on you do get a bit of them at idle. I went with the 62 durometer. Wheel hop is non existent now. The car feels a lot more connected without any slop. Worth it in my opinion if you don’t mind a slight vibration down low.
Work around would be to raise the idle by 100rpms in Hondata. Its just at very low revs that it vibrates.

tezzasaurusrex

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: K20Z1 EK Civic, Golf R Mk7.5, B8 RS4
Build Thread
Link
The vibrations have really subsided. With the a/c on you do get a bit of them at idle. I went with the 62 durometer. Wheel hop is non existent now. The car feels a lot more connected without any slop. Worth it in my opinion if you don’t mind a slight vibration down low.
Work around would be to raise the idle by 100rpms in Hondata. Its just at very low revs that it vibrates.
Thanks for the feedback! Would be very keen to get rid of the wheel hop...

I found the same with the whiteline RMM insert: the vibrations were there at idle and when reversing. However the insert did not do anything for the wheel hop... it was still there and if anything maybe even felt more harsh...

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for the feedback! Would be very keen to get rid of the wheel hop...

I found the same with the whiteline RMM insert: the vibrations were there at idle and when reversing. However the insert did not do anything for the wheel hop... it was still there and if anything maybe even felt more harsh...
yeah the rear motor mount will get rid of that. I went with the softest one since I track the car but don’t really drag race it so no need to go higher.

sugarl4nd

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5 CW & 2020 FK8 CW
In a good way, it would be awesome if the mirror cap also color matched. This will complete the look.

Although, personally I like the way 'piano black' sprinkled across the car, like in front lip, front bumper partially, side skirt, mirror cap, rear diffuser and wing (I'm thinking of put gloss back on the roof for mine, but maybe it will become too much black accent).

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
In a good way, it would be awesome if the mirror cap also color matched. This will complete the look.

Although, personally I like the way 'piano black' sprinkled across the car, like in front lip, front bumper partially, side skirt, mirror cap, rear diffuser and wing (I'm thinking of put gloss back on the roof for mine, but maybe it will become too much black accent).
The car as it stands has black accents that work. You take it a step too far if you black the roof IMHO. There's too much surface area.

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

I just wanted to make the wing pop, since I really did not like the black look. Such a cool wing and it would get lost in the back hatch glass. So far loving the contrast and have gotten a lot of compliments on it from the few people that have seen it.

sugarl4nd

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5 CW & 2020 FK8 CW
It did POP !!!

Maybe it should have come with color match wing from factory, so we don't have to paint it ;)
Sponsored