• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Jester’s Hondata thread

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Ah, the good old days! The SRI was a no-no back in the day and it has somehow been resurrected. And yes, I had an Injen CAI back in the day and hydrolock was an overblown phenomenon that scared nearly everyone to death.😂 The VTEC crossover with a CAI on those NA engines was divine though!
Do not underestimate the stupidity of people😂. When I sold my last srt4. The new owner hydrolocked it 2 weeks later.

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
You dont happen to have the data log showing the HP fuel pressure CMD vs actual on the stock map do you? Interested to see what the stock map is running in terms of FP.

Acuity look to have an intake design in the pipeline that reroutes the intake instead of over the turbo like all the other designs, goes through under the right side head light. I think this will be of great benefit in terms of IAT's.
So was not able to get a log recorded but monitoring parameters high 70’s low 80’s pump duty cycle with steady pressures during the pull. Car peaked at 19psi and dropped to 16psi by redline.

The car felt really slow😂

tezzasaurusrex

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: K20Z1 EK Civic, Golf R Mk7.5, B8 RS4
Build Thread
Link
It is, but to be fair making cars is very costly and trying to fit engines into multiple chassis takes a lot of planning. So they try to make them as modular as possible for fitment. Down side is there will be compromises.
I think they could have run the exhaust ports from the head like K series of old on the firewall side of the engine. This would mean a shorter exhaust system altogether but the main benefit being all the hot air is not inches away from the radiator and millimetres away from the inlet piping all while maintaining packaging and multi platform compatibility... Take a lesson from VW/EA888 but make the water pump out of a material that doesn't resemble cheese.

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I think they could have run the exhaust ports from the head like K series of old on the firewall side of the engine. This would mean a shorter exhaust system altogether but the main benefit being all the hot air is not inches away from the radiator and millimetres away from the inlet piping all while maintaining packaging and multi platform compatibility... Take a lesson from VW/EA888 but make the water pump out of a material that doesn't resemble cheese.
I think packaging for the intake could have been better. But I will admit I like my front facing turbo cars.😂 Makes that turbo swap easy.

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Sorry for the delay in Updates, this last week has been a tough one with work, plus resolving a legal matter involving one of my cars being stolen by the bodyshop it was being worked at.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Its actually kind of crazy that Honda allowed the inlet over the turbo design to pass final R&D.... its such a flawed placement...
It’s possible that they ran this on one or both of the Honda cars at Thunderhill. I’m curious about this also.

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Website is still being worked on but DM me if interested in a tune for your car. Will be doing a special intro pricing of $250 for the first 5 people this is not a canned tune its a full custom tune for your car. Tomorrow I will drop an update on the thread regarding the software, how to datalog and how some tables work.

And it you are in Miami I will be able to do it in person. o_O

HONDANB

First Name
JOHN DOE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NEEDED
Thanks for the base map. Damn!! that 3rd and 4th gear is awesome!! Now I need to log some pulls before you fine tune it on the dyno.

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for the base map. Damn!! that 3rd and 4th gear is awesome!! Now I need to log some pulls before you fine tune it on the dyno.
Happy to help! Glad you are enjoying it and happy holidays.

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Would be a great chance to test and tune!
I need to get you the basemap asap when you unlock so we can start adjusting things. The extra power will make you really quick just on the basemap.

@HONDANB is already running it and loving it so far. And that is just the equivalent of a OTS map. He wants to finish it on the dyno. And I’m also waiting on dyno time to post results and findings.
Sponsored