• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

**Market Adjustment**

Neciovato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 370z Nismo
I want the CTR but not willing to pay anything above MSRP. All this does for me is add that dealer to the list of never using.
I get it but it seems like more and more - dealers that don't charge ADM and actually have ONE available - its like finding a unicorn. Can it be done - sure it can bc the FK8 went for MSRP for several people but overall - its going to be a hard find unless you're willing to wait it out for a few years to get your hands on a new one.

- FK8 was going for what....$36k MSRP but had added ADM to it; then every year went up in MSRP regardless of if there were changes or not to justify it.
- Then dealers started doing the whole 'MSRP but had every option "already" installed on car' so you were now buying at MSRP but.....$3-5k worth of accessories that you wouldn't want.
- Now - the FK8 in a used market is still well above MSRP.

My point is - IF you can find MSRP - congrats to you bc it is definitely not something that has been able to be had for the CTR - or not many have it 'feels' like. But yeah, I agree - at this point - if I were in the market - I would either be looking to 'hold' for a few years to allow the stupidity of the market calm down or open my search to other options. But the CTR kinda encapsulates the 'does ALL things well' so its hard to not have it at the top of the list.
Sponsored

Neciovato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 370z Nismo
The toughest thing is there really isn’t a comparable car to the CTR. The closest thing is the Elantra N, but the obnoxious styling and lack of refinement keep me from considering it. Because of this, I’m willing to pay 5k for an ADM, 10 and above just puts you in a different world of car.
I think if you can get 'above average' on a trade-in - the $5k ADM might make this car still a decent deal especially if you plan on keeping it for a long time. You are right - $10k puts you in another league of car - but that is only IF you can get said car for MSRP. Overall I feel like the CTR does everything well so its hard not to put it at the top of the list.
If the GolfR wasn't so 'Fd in the interior' fail - that would be a contender but I believe its going for about the same cost as a CTR - so at that point - it comes down to Honda reliability > VW reliability. - especially when one is wanting a hatchback and not a sedan.

Timmmmmm13

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 2014
This is also the first batch. There will always be some hype, but can't hurt to let it die down a little. Even 5k adm is most likely a year of payments. If you can, hold strong and be patient, or yolo it. I'm just a dummy in the internet lol.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Once shipping issues work itself out in the next year they will be msrp cars. 44k isnt cheap, no longer a bargain buy. Alot of people are priced out.
That's right. And economic indicators aren't making these cars any more attractive.

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
That's right. And economic indicators aren't making these cars any more attractive.
Everythings fine. The economy is so goood. Pretty soon this MSRP will be a bargain when the fed inflates everything weimar style.

Bpebler

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ram, 20 Durango, 00 Cherokee, 99 Trans Am
The toughest thing is there really isn’t a comparable car to the CTR. The closest thing is the Elantra N, but the obnoxious styling and lack of refinement keep me from considering it. Because of this, I’m willing to pay 5k for an ADM, 10 and above just puts you in a different world of car.
Integra Type S coming soon enough.

BoostblueFL5

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Type R, Subaru BRZ
High ADM is proof dealerships are broken in sales and services.
Ford CEO has already learned that the dealership is not working for the brand.

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
Not trolling but are you referring to Ford trying to forgo the dealership model when it comes to EVs?
The law in this country that allows dealerships to have a stranglehold on the selling process of vehicles specifically refers to gas powered. It’s why Tesla can sell without a dealership.

mcharity

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The law in this country that allows dealerships to have a stranglehold on the selling process of vehicles specifically refers to gas powered. It’s why Tesla can sell without a dealership.
Kinda. Different states have it worded differently, some states may in fact specify gas powered vehicles.

But as far as I know, it typically reads along the lines of:
“Manufacturers may not sell directly to the end consumer, when doing so may harm existing franchise dealerships.”

Tesla and other EV makers get around this because as new companies they’ve never had any existing franchises and thus no harm can be done when they sell direct to consumer.

HONDANB

First Name
JOHN DOE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NEEDED
Realily about to give up on this FL5 thing. Just too much money for a freaking Civic. People getting them are definitely paying above $60k OTD. Haven’t been able to find one under that. Frustrating

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I just wish they would make dealer markups illegal like it is in other countries.
That doesn't seem to have solved the problem in Canada. Dealerships up there are just driving the car around for a few miles, then selling it as "used" for $20k above MSRP or whatever.

The only real solution is to allow the consumer to order directly from the manufacturer.
Sponsored