• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

**Market Adjustment**

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Golf R 8.5 should be a good competitor once the buttons come back
Problem is, where I live, the Mk7 Golf R had AMV on it. I could never find one for MSRP, even the dealer I bought my Mk7 GTI from wouldn't budge. And that's before crazy times.
Sponsored

ldentikit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GSXR
Realily about to give up on this FL5 thing. Just too much money for a freaking Civic. People getting them are definitely paying above $60k OTD. Havenā€™t been able to find one under that. Frustrating
Canā€™t say I blame you but I think thereā€™s only so many people willing to pay 60k+ and once they get theirs, prices should fall to the much easier to swallow 5k over range.

Iā€™ve turned down a few 10k offers out there which has me hopeful that isnā€™t too far off.

Fingers crossed Honda can pump out good supply numbers and the ITS is as good as it seems.

DarthTrizzle

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
Realily about to give up on this FL5 thing. Just too much money for a freaking Civic. People getting them are definitely paying above $60k OTD. Havenā€™t been able to find one under that. Frustrating
I got mine in FL under 60k. I put a deposit down this summer at a dealer I've bought 3 Hondas from in the last five years. I called nearly every dealer is southern Georgia and most of FL. Most blew me off saying they didn't know anything about it at the time and they wouldn't take deposits. I called my local salesman and he was up front about the mark-up, took a $500 deposit, and let me pick the exact accessories I wanted with a 20% discount on those. They even gave me a great price on my FC3 trade-in to help level off the mark-up.

It takes some leg work and a relationship with a local dealer really helped me out. In reality I only ever found one dealer to sell me a FK8 at MSRP over the entire run. If they hadn't low balled the hell out of my trade I would have bought it. Find a salesmen that knows what he is talking about. When I took my gf's car in for service I'd go chat him up about news on the new type r. If you really want one you can find one with a reasonable ADM and not these 15k+ crazy towns.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Problem is, where I live, the Mk7 Golf R had AMV on it. I could never find one for MSRP, even the dealer I bought my Mk7 GTI from wouldn't budge. And that's before crazy times.
I never cared for the last gen Golf R but least in the DC area I see so many driving around, they couldn't have all had mark up.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
I'd respond saying "You're selling me 2 Type R's with the optional wheels included? Hell yeah!" Or just a shitload of LMFAO emojis.

CTR39322

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Schaumburg Honda in Illinois has this beauty at only 13k over MSRP if anyone is interested.

11th Gen Honda Civic **Market Adjustment** 4723124E-808B-42ED-BB42-9F0C59CBC374

Last edited:

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I've fielded a couple calls for vehicles that landed recently at dealerships. One was $20K over, the other was set at about $15K over and they claimed they were offered $18K over. I politely declined both. These cars are still available because no one is interested at the current list price.

Joey B

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ferrari enzo
Honestly this is just disgusting. Shows the character of people in this world. This car is not that special. I owned a fk8. Fun and cool but nothing mind blowing. I love reading the variety or responses on these forums concerning the mark ups. So many schmucks just accept, pay it, and say thats just the way it is. How dumb. If no one paid it they wouldnt sell!!! Then they would drop the price, duh! But hey what do i know, im just a millionaire.

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB CTR, 2022 Honda CRV, 2022 Ford F150
Honestly this is just disgusting. Shows the character of people in this world. This car is not that special. I owned a fk8. Fun and cool but nothing mind blowing. I love reading the variety or responses on these forums concerning the mark ups. So many schmucks just accept, pay it, and say thats just the way it is. How dumb. If no one paid it they wouldnt sell!!! Then they would drop the price, duh! But hey what do i know, im just a millionaire.
Wow you sure are full of yourself šŸ˜‚