• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

forrestbb

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RR CTR, Civic SI-2008 sedan
Just a breakdown of aftermarket FL5 Exhaust prices for reference:

AWE Track (FP included, SS Piping, no valve, no mufflers): $1,195 - $1,245
Remark (FP included, FP included, SS Piping, no valve, single rear muffler, dual tip): ~$1,500
AWE Touring (FP included, SS Piping, no valve, single muffler): $1,645 - $1,695
MBRP (FP included, SS Piping, valved, two included mid-sections, double muffler): $1,930 - $1,950
Milltek Non-Resonated (FP included, SS Piping, valved, double muffler): $2,050 - $2,681
Milltek Resonated (FP included, SS Piping, valved, double muffler): $2,271 - $2,900
HKS Legamax (no FP, no valve, piping is SS & muffler + tips are titanium): $2,350
A'Pexi N1 (FP included, valved, piping is SS & muffler + tips are titanium): $2,500
Remark Full Titanium (FP included, no valve, single rear muffler, dual tip): ~$2,850
Spoon (FP included, SS Piping, no valve): $4,000
R1 Titan Double Tip (no FP, Titanium, valved): $6,000 - $6,200
R1 Titan Triple Tip (no FP, Titanium, valved): $6,600 - $6,800

I'm a dealer for most of these brands, and I'm providing the forum objective information rather than throwing out generalized statements such as, "well I paid this much for that system for an unrelated car x amount of years ago, or yeah Type R tax". Here's where all the exhaust prices currently stand for these systems.

Our shop car went back to MBRP several times for different muffler design iterations, and to perfect the valved setup which doesn't rattle or have any fitment issues. MBRP's price is highly competitive for a system that checks every single box. I could've easily said to MBRP that they can make a few adjustments to their FK8 exhaust, delete the valve, and release it for the FL5 around the $1,400 - $1,500 mark, with 3-4 months of R&D. They've instead spent the time on completely redesigning the system over the last 10 months.

I am super picky with exhaust systems after experiencing 5 different setups on our shop FK8, with and without an aftermarket downpipe which makes a huge difference. I can say that I'm happy with what MBRP has created because they implemented all the suggestions I made; they have valued my years of independent testing, feedback from customers, and general participation on forums and social media seeing what folks want out of an exhaust system mated to the FK8 and FL5. Let's not forget that I've had 6 months of seat time with this exhaust, doing everything from daily driving, to several hours at highway speeds for long distances, track days, with and without a downpipe etc. All this went into consideration.

No dig at the company, but as an authorized dealer I can offer anyone the AWE Track for example if you want something easier on the wallet...but I'll also tell you that it was too loud from the get-go and I changed it to the Touring after a week as I couldn't bear the incredible amount of drone it has even with a stock downpipe. Maybe it didn't matter to me when I was 19, single, and with a short commute. At 30, married, over a dozen exhausts tested since 2017 on different 10th and 11th Gen shop builds, and having a long commute I know that it's not for me.
Hi All,
Thanks for all the info. Can anyone confirm which exhaust has:
no drone
Deep tone like invidia or borla like an infinity g series or the old fx 45/50
3tip
Titanium tips
-granted as the aftermarket list goes on, I find a growing pattern in that I keep hearing a truckish tone. Although not raspy yet just not deep enough to my satisfaction. Doesn’t anyone else notice this?
Am I expecting too much from our 2.0 engines?
Sponsored

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Hi All,
Thanks for all the info. Can anyone confirm which exhaust has:
no drone
Deep tone like invidia or borla like an infinity g series or the old fx 45/50
3tip
Titanium tips
-granted as the aftermarket list goes on, I find a growing pattern in that I keep hearing a truckish tone. Although not raspy yet just not deep enough to my satisfaction. Doesn’t anyone else notice this?
Am I expecting too much from our 2.0 engines?
You mentioned Nissan products, each engine depending on the cylinders and exhaust ports will have their unique exhaust note. These cars will never sound good especially because of the integrated headifold design plus being a 4 cylinder.

OP
OP
Unity Performance

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Hey Humza! Would you mind sharing the exhaust tip inlet size for this MBRP system? It looks like the system comes with tips that have 4.5" outlets and I see they have a lot of tips available on their site.
For sure, the center tip is a 3” inlet, and the outside tips are 2.5”. Suitable Tips length is 6-6.5"

OP
OP
Unity Performance

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Absolutely incredible writeup and service from a vendor. I’m impressed after reading your threads. I have been a Borla fanboy for as long as I can remember (have owned 3 borla systems: 2018 Audi S4 S-type and 2020 Mustang S550 S-type and Atak). I am genuinely interested in seeing the price they release their system at before ordering an exhaust. I will say the Borla Atak and MBRP are by far the best sounding systems I have heard thus far for both the FL5 and S550 Mustang lol. We appreciate people like you taking the time to genuinely help out community.

In regards to pricing, the mustang has 2 mufflers and 2 valves and the msrp is $2,573.99 (I bought my system for $2,150 shipped from a reputable vendor) so I appreciate you explaining then economies of scale when it comes to the Type R and Type S from a development standpoint. I will most likely go with the MBRP after comparing both videos, but it will be a hard pill to swallow knowing I’m paying over $2,000 for an exhaust that is essentially fewer pieces 🫣

Thank you,
Mike
Thanks Mike! I've been around the CivicX community since 2017; started off as a regular member just like everyone else here and enjoyed sharing my 2017 Si which I owned back then, and a string of experiences over the years led me to creating the shop. I'm just talking amongst friends when I'm on the forum :)

This system would've been released last summer/fall and hundreds of dollars cheaper if I wasn't insistent on keeping the valves - the R&D time and thus cost increased due to that decision. I believe it's a true loss going away from a factory valved setup, because you can have the best of both worlds this way. We didn't have the luxury of factory valve on the FK8, so most aftermarket setups don't come with it and drone heavily (some even with stock DP, most with aftermarket DP's). I would love to see guys be able to comfortably run 400+ whp setups on their FL5's, without it sounding like the car's always in attack mode.

spectre186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Camry, 23 Civic Type R
Thanks Mike! I've been around the CivicX community since 2017; started off as a regular member just like everyone else here and enjoyed sharing my 2017 Si which I owned back then, and a string of experiences over the years led me to creating the shop. I'm just talking amongst friends when I'm on the forum :)

This system would've been released last summer/fall and hundreds of dollars cheaper if I wasn't insistent on keeping the valves - the R&D time and thus cost increased due to that decision. I believe it's a true loss going away from a factory valved setup, because you can have the best of both worlds this way. We didn't have the luxury of factory valve on the FK8, so most aftermarket setups don't come with it and drone heavily (some even with stock DP, most with aftermarket DP's). I would love to see guys be able to comfortably run 400+ whp setups on their FL5's, without it sounding like the car's always in attack mode.
Does your valved exhaust have an option to stay closed or open? Or does it follow the stock OEM valve programming?

OP
OP
Unity Performance

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Does your valved exhaust have an option to stay closed or open? Or does it follow the stock OEM valve programming?
Follows the OEM valve programming

davilla413

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Boost Blue CTR 05334, ‘04 S2K, ‘97 Prelude SH
For sure, the center tip is a 3” inlet, and the outside tips are 2.5”. Suitable Tips length is 6-6.5"
Maybe I'm missing something... but are the tips all 4.5" outlet? From the pics they appear to be the same outlet, but different inlets.

For sure I see 3"in/4.5"o in stainless:

https://mbrpexhauststore.com/t304-s...4-5-od-out-6-13-length-angle-cut-single-wall/

But I only see a 2.5"in/4"o in stainless:

https://mbrpexhauststore.com/tip-t3...5-inlet-4od-single-wall-angle-cut-6-5-length/

Nopp2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
a bit too expensive imo - I would probably buy it for 1600-1700

OP
OP
Unity Performance

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
I placed my order late on 2/8, and my exhaust arrived via FedEx this afternoon--thanks again, Humza!

I have a lift bay reserved for 2/22, and I'm looking forward to getting this thing installed.
Awesome!! Please share as many pics as you'd like, and can't wait to hear your impressions!

OP
OP
Unity Performance

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Unity Performance

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Maybe I'm missing something... but are the tips all 4.5" outlet? From the pics they appear to be the same outlet, but different inlets.

For sure I see 3"in/4.5"o in stainless:

https://mbrpexhauststore.com/t304-s...4-5-od-out-6-13-length-angle-cut-single-wall/

But I only see a 2.5"in/4"o in stainless:

https://mbrpexhauststore.com/tip-t3...5-inlet-4od-single-wall-angle-cut-6-5-length/
Just received the following from MBRP:

To keep the 4.5” outlet tips across all 3 tips, the pn’s are:
  • T5180 (304, BE, CF, 3” Inlet for center)
  • T5191 (304, BE, CF, 2.5” Inlet for outside tips x2)
To Change to the FK8 Style 5” center and 4” outside tips:
  • T5184 (304, BE, CF, 3” Inlet for center)
  • T5176 (304, BE, CF, 2.5” Inlet for outside tips x2)

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
a bit too expensive imo - I would probably buy it for 1600-1700
Unity did a pretty thorough breakdown of the exhausts available, and this is the least expensive valved option and an incredible value when you break it down. There are plenty of other choices at/below $1,700, but you're definitely going to lose the valve functionality.

Of course, valve functionality may not mean much to you--maybe you'd just rather save the money to get an exhaust within that $1,600-$1,700 price point and save a few bucks. The AWE Touring Edition is probably your best choice in sound and overall quality, and it's readily available at $1,695. There ya go.

Oh wait, don't forget to factor in tax and shipping--I just priced this system through AWE and my out-the-door cost would be $1,882.20.

So $1,882.20 for a non-valved AWE Touring Edition, or $1,929.00 out-the-door for MBRP's valved exhaust through Unity... AWE is still technically cheaper... but MBRP's system is valved and includes the swappable straight pipe/resonator... I'm pretty frugal, but for an extra $46.80, I don't see why one wouldn't just get the MBRP system at this point.

Edit - Here's a $10 referral code to bring that $46.80 down to $36.80: https://i.refs.cc/YDgg5Yim?smile_re...sInNtaWxlX2N1c3RvbWVyX2lkIjoyMDgxNzgxOTQ3fQ==

davilla413

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Boost Blue CTR 05334, ‘04 S2K, ‘97 Prelude SH
Just received the following from MBRP:

To keep the 4.5” outlet tips across all 3 tips, the pn’s are:
  • T5180 (304, BE, CF, 3” Inlet for center)
  • T5191 (304, BE, CF, 2.5” Inlet for outside tips x2)
To Change to the FK8 Style 5” center and 4” outside tips:
  • T5184 (304, BE, CF, 3” Inlet for center)
  • T5176 (304, BE, CF, 2.5” Inlet for outside tips x2)
Thank you! This is def on my list. We're in the process of buying a new house, so I need to be fiscally responsible...but once we close. All bets are off!

OP
OP
Unity Performance

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Guys, hope everyone is well and has had better luck than me! Wife and I got rear ended on Thursday while in her Corolla so I've been offline the last few days handling insurance, doc appointments, and sending her car in for repairs. We are OK thankfully, minus sore lower backs and stiff necks.

@RUNN1N should have his exhaust installed this Thursday, and I am still trying to hear back from the other fella who's placed multiple orders already but keeping a lower profile it seems :)

Great conversation in the thread so far, feel free to ask any questions. And oh, I've asked Chris, my DE5 tester to come in and share his insights too when he gets a chance since he's had the exhaust on for 2 months now on his car :)

Cheers,

Humza
Sponsored