• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Official Wheel Fitment Thread for 11th Gen FL5 Civic Type R

OP
OP
System Motorsports

System Motorsports

Thomson
CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Thomson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black (CBP) FK8 Civic Type R,
Are you able to get the 57CR’s in Championship White if special order color is selected?
Possible but the code is Ceramic Pearl White for Gramlights, Champ White is for the Volks.

RickyJeezus

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
My Rallye Red CTR is on the way in a few weeks, and I started looking at 18"s because the 19"s are going to be a problem on New England roads on a daily, which my CTR will be. I came across this thread and the post on your website — some excellent photos and info. But I have a question I don't see anyone asking or addressing, at least not in this thread.

The +45 of the TE37SLs will make them more flush than the OEM 19"s +60, but that means a 15mm wider track. Looks-wise, it's fine, but I'm not sure how this may affect the handling and steering feel, as well as put more wear and tear on the bearings. Messing with the scrub radius can impact handling and also lessen the dampening effect. What are your thoughts? Seems there are no +60 18" wheels around.

I can tell you from experience that steering response/sharpness will be affected. I am running CE28SLs +42 with a 275/35/18 tire on my fk8, and have gone back and forth from my stock set up a couple of times. The most noticeable difference when I went back to stock was just how much more responsive the steering felt. I definitely appreciated the stock car, but I just really like the way the car looks with a flush fitment, my car looks lowered even though my suspension is stock lol. I feel most people think that handling is not affected because they just get used to the new feel, and never end up going back to stock to feel the difference. I would recommend to look into a 19" forged wheel for your FL5 (to have a stronger construction) and maybe going to a 275/30/19 tire if you want to have a little more comfort and peace of mind for bad roads. The problem is that the PS4S tires are star spec (specifically designed for Honda) and the car will pretty much be best on those specific tires, so even if you keep the same exact offset and go for 18" wheels, you wont find tires that will match what Honda intended for the FL5....you would probably have to go for a 200TW to see an improvement.

OP
OP
System Motorsports

System Motorsports

Thomson
CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Thomson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BBS RI-A-055 18x9.5 +50 5x120 for FL5 Civic Type R, shown here in Matte Graphite!
11th Gen Honda Civic Official Wheel Fitment Thread for 11th Gen FL5 Civic Type R IMG_2543 2

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R
Lastly (for now), Boost Blue FL5 Civic Type R equipped with 19" Rays Volk TE037 6061 in Gloss Black. Configuration appears to be a 19x10 setup, and is a bit on the aggressive side and protrudes from the fenders, requiring fender work.

9uPKuOR.jpg
Mmm.

19x9.5

What offset to achieve a flush look. Maybe +48

OP
OP
System Motorsports

System Motorsports

Thomson
CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Thomson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
System Motorsports

System Motorsports

Thomson
CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Thomson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BBS RIA 055 18x9.5 +50 Matte Bronze + Spoon Springs!

11th Gen Honda Civic Official Wheel Fitment Thread for 11th Gen FL5 Civic Type R 1683754776023

11th Gen Honda Civic Official Wheel Fitment Thread for 11th Gen FL5 Civic Type R 1683754864030

OP
OP
System Motorsports

System Motorsports

Thomson
CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Thomson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

NERO808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 SGP Type R • ‘23 CW Type R
Any pics of the RGD2 on the FL5

OP
OP
System Motorsports

System Motorsports

Thomson
CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Thomson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not yet - But we have ordered this a few times in recent memory. No published photos.

OP
OP
System Motorsports

System Motorsports

Thomson
CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Thomson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
System Motorsports

System Motorsports

Thomson
CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Thomson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sonic Grey Pearl FL5 11th Gen Civic Type R x Rays Gramlights 57DR 18x9.5 +38 5x120 in Bronze!

11th Gen Honda Civic Official Wheel Fitment Thread for 11th Gen FL5 Civic Type R 7xG7ic

11th Gen Honda Civic Official Wheel Fitment Thread for 11th Gen FL5 Civic Type R uEQQZF5
Sponsored