• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Power Mirrors

OP
OP

BCP

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic SI
Hopefully you get it soon. Was the incorrect harness sent? Did you buy the C kit?
Finally got the new harness from Mikstore......installed and worked but not correctly, had to pop the door panels back off and invert a connector on each side. Finally working correctly ! They do not work with key on & key off. They work with car locked and unlocked, from the fob and door and from the switch on the door panel. All good now. The installer said the hardest part was popping the mirrors out from the housing.
Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Finally got the new harness from Mikstore......installed and worked but not correctly, had to pop the door panels back off and invert a connector on each side. Finally working correctly ! They do not work with key on & key off. They work with car locked and unlocked, from the fob and door and from the switch on the door panel. All good now. The installer said the hardest part was popping the mirrors out from the housing.
Awesome.
My set came in. What harness did you need?

Dallman

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pilot, 1971 Triumph TR6, 2023 CTR
So was this the $160.00 set?

OP
OP

BCP

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic SI
So was this the $160.00 set?
Yes ….and it was 3 & 1/2 hours labor to install. I probably could have done it myself but my small garage is not air conditioned and I’m sure it would have taken me considerably longer !

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Yes ….and it was 3 & 1/2 hours labor to install. I probably could have done it myself but my small garage is not air conditioned and I’m sure it would have taken me considerably longer !
Oh.. I got the expensive set that doesn't need to connect between them.. option C

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TLX Type-S / 2023 Civic Type-R / 2024 HRV EXL
Nice to see that there is an option for plug and play now… :thumbsup:I did this mod 6 months ago and had to figure out how to wire it into the OEM harness…. Would have paid to have purchased a complete kit vice making my own harness and doing trial and error for 4 days :banghead:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Nice to see that there is an option for plug and play now… :thumbsup:I did this mod 6 months ago and had to figure out how to wire it into the OEM harness…. Would have paid to have purchased a complete kit vice making my own harness and doing trial and error for 4 days :banghead:
Oh wow. How do you like them?
Does it automatically fold when you lock your doors and open when you unlock your door?

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh wow. How do you like them?
Does it automatically fold when you lock your doors and open when you unlock your door?
They are great!! One thing I noticed right off the bat was that the mirrors have a wide view to them compared to the US model. They work just as they do on the Japanese Civic…
Fold when locked and unfold when unlocked, able to control them fold and unfold from inside the car via the switch. The only thing that sucked for me is that I had to purchase a fold when lock module for a JDM Honda Fit in order to make them fold when the car was locked/ unlocked :coffee:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
They are great!! One thing I noticed right off the bat was that the mirrors have a wide view to them compared to the US model. They work just as they do on the Japanese Civic…
Fold when locked and unfold when unlocked, able to control them fold and unfold from inside the car via the switch. The only thing that sucked for me is that I had to purchase a fold when lock module for a JDM Honda Fit in order to make them fold when the car was locked/ unlocked :coffee:
Oh. I wonder if I need that. I did purchase a new module from them that allows the windows to roll up and down from the keyfob. Originally it would only roll down.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh. I wonder if I need that. I did purchase a new module from them that allows the windows to roll up and down from the keyfob. Originally it would only roll down.
Not to sure on what their kit includes but from looking at the website it looks like the version 3 of the kit has everything that is needed.. :hmm: so I’m sure they have everything worked out for when you lock the car the mirrors fold.

getGroyped

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Who’s got the link to an installation video?

I found this video that shows how to remove the side mirrors.

Last edited:

STEye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW CTR FL5
Is there any way to stop them from folding? (other than pulling a fuse)

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Does the passenger mirror auto tilt down when reversing with this kit?
Not in the Type S. I would assume this feature remains if you did this mod in the Aspec, but I can't confirm. MIK does sell a tilt kit. I did have this feature in my Aspect but found it annoying.

Loudogdude

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Honda Civic Type R
Had the mikstore fL5 kit installed by an shop a few days ago.

https://mikstoreph.com/products/civ...1&_sid=e0ca2a11f&_ss=r&variant=44409511117050

Works great! 160 bucks- Lock/unlock mirrors fold in/out. I did notice the drivers side is not as flush as passenger so i will be taking the car back for them to look at... also the switch itself- i did keep the silver trim- it DOES NOT illuminated(back light) with night driving... i'm looking at buying an OEM switch found this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1650274489...486&ssuid=&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Not sure if it will be plug & play AND have the backlight illumination.. could anyone perhaps confirm this? Part # is in the ebay link thanks!

11th Gen Honda Civic Power Mirrors 20240111_092729

11th Gen Honda Civic Power Mirrors 20240111_092717

11th Gen Honda Civic Power Mirrors Screen_Shot_2022-06-27_at_11.43.40_AM_2048x2048
Sponsored