• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Production numbers of different colors

Mordotz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Looking to buy an FL5 in the near future..

I noticed that on Motoring Obsession that the current availability of colors is pretty skewed with Rallye Red being almost non-existant. I'm not necessarily overly picky on color but was wondering on if anyone had information on overall production numbers of the different colors.

Do they run a similar schedule like the Type S where they do production of colors in batches? Trying to get a sense on if the ratio of availability of the different colors will be the same as what is currently represented on Motoring Obsession for future deliveries.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R

I noticed that on Motoring Obsession that the current availability of colors is pretty skewed with Rallye Red being almost non-existant. I'm not necessarily overly picky on color but was wondering on if anyone had information on overall production numbers of the different colors.

Do they run a similar schedule like the Type S where they do production of colors in batches? Trying to get a sense on if the ratio of availability of the different colors will be the same as what is currently represented on Motoring Obsession for future deliveries.

Thanks!
I'm not certain if the Motoring Obsession website shows total production numbers to date and stratified by other data points (e.g., paint color, state, region, etc.). @StevenMatchett created a similar tool that shows total production numbers for the United States and by color. See below the link below. Click on the 'All FL5 color stats' button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

https://stevenmatchett.github.io/fl...KRFwPTxcr0lp8KmUutcV2DlaOGhMGorInXu9AjAzCRbfg

OP
OP

Mordotz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I'm not certain if the Motoring Obsession website shows total production numbers to date and stratified by other data points (e.g., paint color, state, region, etc.). @StevenMatchett created a similar tool that shows total production numbers for the United States and by color. See below the link below. Click on the 'All FL5 color stats' button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

https://stevenmatchett.github.io/fl...KRFwPTxcr0lp8KmUutcV2DlaOGhMGorInXu9AjAzCRbfg
Oh nice, thank you. So assuming that the total numbers here represent the most recent shipments as well, it should be a good representation of total 2023 model year numbers. Looks like the overall ratio is relatively consistent between the two websites.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Oh nice, thank you. So assuming that the total numbers here represent the most recent shipments as well, it should be a good representation of total 2023 model year numbers. Looks like the overall ratio is relatively consistent between the two websites.
Sure, no problem. I cannot speak to the fidelity of the data so I suggest using it as a guide. Perhaps the two creators can speak to how clean the data is.

RickyJeezus

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R

Thanks!
As far as color I'm pretty sure I remember Savagegeese mentioning that likely black and red will be the rarest colors as it is a no cost option (hence less money to charge) though I am unsure if they are producing in batches of color or just as requests come in.

OP
OP

Mordotz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
As far as color I'm pretty sure I remember Savagegeese mentioning that likely black and red will be the rarest colors as it is a no cost option (hence less money to charge) though I am unsure if they are producing in batches of color or just as requests come in.
Oh yeah, that’s a good point.

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
Reds are unicorns. I’m surprised at how much lower red production is than black as they said they’d be similar numbers.

RickyJeezus

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Reds are unicorns. I’m surprised at how much lower red production is than black as they said they’d be similar numbers.
TBH as much as I love my boost blue on the FK8...I think the FL5 overall looks best in Red, or so far what I've seen in pictures, haven't seen a red one yet in person.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
TBH as much as I love my boost blue on the FK8...I think the FL5 overall looks best in Red, or so far what I've seen in pictures, haven't seen a red one yet in person.
Saw my first red one in the wild yesterday and it looked very good. And I’m not a red car kind of guy so the car really pulls it off. My favorite is still championship white because of the heritage and I’m a sucker for white cars. 😂

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Good question. Would love to see actual production numbers for FK8, FL5 colors.
Honda certainly has them.

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
It was like this for the FK8 as well. Although red was available every year, it was the rarest color compared to other colors that were available during each given model year.
Sponsored