• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rollout of the FL5 and the Big Tease - Decreasing want for this car?

Y82OneTwoSix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR - 2022 MDX Type S Advance
Aegean Blue and Phoenix Yellow definitely fit the FK8 best IMO. I just can't get over the fake vents. Are there any kits that open them up in the front and rear?
Like yourself I really like Blue CTR's therefore the Aegean Blue and Boost Blue looks terrific but ultimately the Phoenix Yellow examples have become my favorite.

Aside from the cool Phoenix Yellow color, I really like the lightweight BBS forged aluminum wheel and Cup 2 tire combination as those BBS wheels are something else and have had numerous other vehicles with Cup 2 tires therefore have come to like those Michelin tires a great deal.

Add to that the additional efforts that Honda initiated in order to lighten up the 2021 LE model along with making very limited production numbers I will be heading out next week in order to complete a deal on another FK8 LE which will allow me to have much more seat time on my present vehicle and will probably put away the new vehicle that I intend to purchase later next week.

Still have an incoming FL5 on order but once I take into consideration adding in the optional 19-inch forged alloy wheels, rear CF wing, optional paint job and car cover the MSRP is over $50,000 and that is without taking into consideration an ADM therefore I am on the fence about going forward.

Based on the FL5 OTD price compared to what I can purchase a low mileage FK8 LE for which no doubt has a superior wheel/tire combination, much better looking rear spoiler, cool color and limited production numbers and may be just as quick or quicker than the new FL5 model I have some thinking to do.
Sponsored

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
Like yourself I really like Blue CTR's therefore the Aegean Blue and Boost Blue looks terrific but ultimately the Phoenix Yellow examples have become my favorite.

Aside from the cool Phoenix Yellow color, I really like the lightweight BBS forged aluminum wheel and Cup 2 tire combination as those BBS wheels are something else and have had numerous other vehicles with Cup 2 tires therefore have come to like those Michelin tires a great deal.

Add to that the additional efforts that Honda initiated in order to lighten up the 2021 LE model along with making very limited production numbers I will be heading out next week in order to complete a deal on another FK8 LE which will allow me to have much more seat time on my present vehicle and will probably put away the new vehicle that I intend to purchase later next week.

Still have an incoming FL5 on order but once I take into consideration adding in the optional 19-inch Forged Alloy Wheels, rear CF wing, optional paint job and car cover the MSRP is over $50,000 and that is without taking into consideration an ADM therefore I am on the fence about going forward.

Based on the FL5 OTD price compared to what I can purchase a low mileage FK8 LE for which no doubt has a superior wheel/tire combination, much better looking rear spoiler, cool color and limited production numbers and may be just as quick or quicker than the new FL5 model I have some thinking to do.
There's been an LE sitting at a dealer in my area for a while with only 1,600 miles and the price has been slipping every couple of weeks. Ngl can't say it hasn't been tempting.

Y82OneTwoSix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There's been an LE sitting at a dealer in my area for a while with only 1,600 miles and the price has been slipping every couple of weeks. Ngl can't say it hasn't been tempting.
Totally understand your thoughts as had been mulling around that same mind set for quite some time and finally made the decision to go forward with another LE.

Being a passionate wheel and tire guy along with many other aspects of a HP vehicle, just the specially built and terrific looking lightweight BBS wheels and Cup 2 tires are a huge bonus for me especially after having driven my present LE.

Unless not being purchased at a reasonable price, I suggest that any enthusiast will do just fine going forward on these very unique, lightweight and low production volume LE's

Good luck going forward!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
I suspect the next LE will be $100k, given how the last one went for $70k+ with ADM.

holland1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma
I would go with a 21 LE if I could find a mint one near MSRP. But I don't like the color would definitely need a wrap.

CWNole95

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 CW FL5
I would go with a 21 LE if I could find a mint one near MSRP. But I don't like the color would definitely need a wrap.
I sold three of them after obtaining them for MSRP new (had deposits at several dealerships before the release). I still own my original #031 and don’t ever plan to part with it. My hope is to snag one of the LE FL5 if and when they are eventually released.

I can’t imagine finding a mint LE FK8 for even close to the original MSRP now. If you can snag one in the low to mid $50s, I’d say that’s a great deal considering what well-kept FK8s (non LE) are going for.

TeslaHonda

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3 Perf
I sold three of them after obtaining them for MSRP new (had deposits at several dealerships before the release). I still own my original #031 and don’t ever plan to part with it. My hope is to snag one of the LE FL5 if and when they are eventually released.

I can’t imagine finding a mint LE FK8 for even close to the original MSRP now. If you can snag one in the low to mid $50s, I’d say that’s a great deal considering what well-kept FK8s (non LE) are going for.
One of my local dealers has an LE with 400 miles on it. Thing is pristine. What would a fair price be in your opinion?

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Yeah same. Cool upgrades but hard pass on the yellow.

Y82OneTwoSix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I recall chassis USA-001 which was assembled in August 2020 and USA-003 which was built in September 2020 and remember thinking how beautiful those Phoenix Yellow LE's were and aside from the many unique and lightweight features on the LE model and especially liked the Japanese built BBS wheels, I also really liked the Black Painted Roof on each unit as for me the Black roof really suited the car a great deal.

Even when later chassis numbers were coming out in late 2020, trying to secure one of these LE models for MSRP was not even close to be in the cards let alone 4 of them in your case therefore don't know how you were able to swing that but incredible to say the least!

When looking for another LE in recent months I decided that my criteria had to center around a low mileage unit and also had to be a very late chassis number as I wanted to have one of the last 20 examples that were built at Swindon before they permamently shut down that assembly plant.

Based on my experience an MSRP deal for a brand new LE unit back in late 2020 or for all of 2021 was pretty much impossible to attain and here we are some 2 years later with pricing for these same used LE units not heading any lower but holding their own and in some cases heading North.

CWNole95

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 CW FL5
I recall chassis USA-001 which was assembled in August 2020 and USA-003 which was built in September 2020 and remember thinking how beautiful those Phoenix Yellow LE's were and aside from the many unique and lightweight features on the LE model and especially liked the Japanese built BBS wheels, I also really liked the Black Painted Roof on each unit as for me the Black roof really suited the car a great deal.

Even when later chassis numbers were coming out in late 2020, trying to secure one of these LE models for MSRP was not even close to be in the cards let alone 4 of them in your case therefore don't know how you were able to swing that but incredible to say the least!

When looking for another LE in recent months I decided that my criteria had to center around a low mileage unit and also had to be a very late chassis number as I wanted to have one of the last 20 examples that were built at Swindon before they permamently shut down that assembly plant.

Based on my experience an MSRP deal for a brand new LE unit back in late 2020 or for all of 2021 was pretty much impossible to attain and here we are some 2 years later with pricing for these same used LE units not heading any lower but holding their own and in some cases heading North.
Here’s a pic of three out of the four. I would have preferred to keep them all, but I do like being married. LOL

11th Gen Honda Civic Rollout of the FL5 and the Big Tease - Decreasing want for this car? 21419EEA-A9F6-4F69-AA04-FBA74A50A95B

Y82OneTwoSix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here’s a pic of three out of the four. I would have preferred to keep them all, but I do like being married. LOL

21419EEA-A9F6-4F69-AA04-FBA74A50A95B.jpeg
Very nice and like you have been down that same road with respect to keeping our marrigages in tact as had nine 2012/2013 Boss 302/LS cars in my stable back in the day but finally had to cut the herd loose including these 3 Pilot Production examples.

Pretty cool picture of 3 LE's all in the same garage that we will probably never ever see again therefore thanks for sharing!

11th Gen Honda Civic Rollout of the FL5 and the Big Tease - Decreasing want for this car? PP0001-3 (2)

blinkme323

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model Y Performance
A random used car lot by me has an LE with 1300 miles for 55k. Debating if I should just pull the trigger.

It would live its life as a garage queen, so I can't see it losing value. Decisions, decisions....

CWNole95

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 CW FL5
A random used car lot by me has an LE with 1300 miles for 55k. Debating if I should just pull the trigger.

It would live its life as a garage queen, so I can't see it losing value. Decisions, decisions....
In your situation, which is the intention of keeping it as a collectible/not driving it much, I would absolutely opt for the LE. This is especially true if I couldn’t find a new FL5 at close to sticker.

For anyone intending to drive the car regularly, I would think that the FL5 would be the better choice, as I don’t think anyone here would argue against the fact that it has a much more “compliant” interior with respect to features.

My intention with the FL5 was to both daily it and track it when able. I personally wouldn’t consider daily driving the LE, but that’s me. There’s no reason you couldn’t if desired. I’m just paranoid 🤣
Sponsored

Last edited: