• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

casprog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, stock
It must be nice to get one of these close to MSRP, but it all depends on where you live.. I live in socal, it ain't happening. I was able to have the dealer knock 2K off mine, essentially the "dealer package" cost, but I could not avoid a joke markup.

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP Si Sedan, 06 G6, 15 Silverado
It must be nice to get one of these close to MSRP, but it all depends on where you live.. I live in socal, it ain't happening. I was able to have the dealer knock 2K off mine, essentially the "dealer package" cost, but I could not avoid a joke markup.
What in the actually fuck is a "dealer package" cost?

Jabberwocker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRolla CE/Taco/Pilot
Probably the stupid crap they add to the car aftermarket and say itā€™s with the car. Like nitrogen in the tires and pinstripes probably.

casprog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, stock
It's a way to milk more money; they will claim they added wheel locks, some clear guards to prevent scratching around the door (which is hilarious since you don't need the key unless your battery is dead), and other minor things. On their behalf, they invest maybe 300 dollars, and try to rack up another 2K. All the Honda dealers in SoCal that I know about do this. They also won't give pricing over the phone.

Last edited:

trucke

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR; 2022 Civic Si; 87 Corolla FX16 GT-S
It's a way to milk more money; they will claim they added wheel locks, some clear guards to prevent scratching around the door (which is hilarious since you don't need the key unless your battery is dead), and other minor things. On their behalf, they invest maybe 100 dollars, and try to rack up another 2K. All the Honda dealers in SoCal that I know about do this. They also won't give pricing over the phone.
Not just SoCal! You forgot the Caps Dot anti-theft protection. Micro dots to identify what car the parts came from after the car is long gone.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Two years ago my wife gave her 2013 Civic Si to our grandson. He still has it. It now has about 75,000 miles.
Just out of curiosity I looked on Carvana today to see what they're asking for that 8 year old car.
I found one at $20,590 with 69,000 and another with 95,000 at $18,990.
That car cost my wife about $23,000 when she bought it new.
It's not surprising, there's just not that many out there, and their numbers will just keep dropping. If you want a normally aspirated 6mT sport compact you have few choices these days.

SuperDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si - aegean blue
Already own a 2022 LX. Great car, but I'm missing the 2017 Si I sold a few years back. So I'm in the market for a new Si here in SoCal. What a joke!! So far most dealers want $42k plus taxes and fees for a 2022 Si. They are smoking some good crack.

I hope to God no one pays that. Car is not worth $40k. Not even worth $35k.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Folks, Armageddon is here. Read that listing carefully. Yep, a $13,316 price drop. Apparently the dealer originally priced it at $53,315.

I guess they figured it was priced a tad high. $40K is a bargain on a new Civic these days! :p

11th Gen Honda Civic The 2022 Honda Civic Si Joins The Dealer Price Markup Circus - Article Capture

Last edited:

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
11th Gen Honda Civic The 2022 Honda Civic Si Joins The Dealer Price Markup Circus - Article Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 3.42.42 PM

I mean I'm not even sure why they announce MSRP's on any car nowadays. Just say "whatever the dealer wants to sell it for". Seriously, this particular dealer has more than 10 in stock, not in transit, in stock. Does the Si really use that many chips that it's in shortage?

SuperDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si - aegean blue
Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 3.42.42 PM.png

I mean I'm not even sure why they announce MSRP's on any car nowadays. Just say "whatever the dealer wants to sell it for". Seriously, this particular dealer has more than 10 in stock, not in transit, in stock. Does the Si really use that many chips that it's in shortage?
I paid $2k over msrp for my 2022 LX. I was pissed to do that, but it wasn't that bad.

$5-10k over on an Si is absurd and is price gouging. They can make all the excuses they want about market conditions and shortages. It's just not right and I hope what comes around goes around for these nasty dealers.

Kullervo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Civic Si
Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 3.42.42 PM.png

They have 10 ā€˜in stockā€™ as in on hand right now?

If so, thereā€™s your answer. Theyā€™re getting the cars because they sell them. Itā€™s the dealerā€™s fault that theyā€™re assholes, yes, but itā€™s also the fault of the people eating their shit.

NorthernLaw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type-R Boost Blue
The avatar is my 2019 Type R. It is my autocross toy. The Si will be a daily.

If you only get one and can afford the Type R, Do it! The Type R is an amazing machine!
Well I plan to only get one because I live in New England so I would not want to get 2 FWD cars lmao, I plan to get a Type-R and probably a Ford Raptor R at some point, having a Type-R and an Si must be a blast though, I just don't see a point for me personally, you plan on upgrading to a new gen Type-R at some point? Or even a 2020-2021? WIRELESS Apple Carplay alone is worth the upgrade for me, I wasn't even going to consider buying a new car, any car that is, until it had Wireless Carplay, it's such a big thing for me and I am learning the same for other people as well.

Leonidas I

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic HBS, 22 Civic HB ST
I didnā€™t know about him when I was looking. There werenā€™t any down there when I did my search. Iā€™ll go to him next time around! When is yours coming in?
It's being built this week and Dominic said about 3-4 weeks after it's build it'll be on the lot so hopefully beginning of January?

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
I remember buying my 6th Gen Si in early 2000 for around 17.5K. Several people at the dealer emphasized that when the 6th Gen first came out(approx 18 months earlier) they were selling for at least 19-20K.

The heat will die down.
Sponsored