• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
I'll gladly debate this but bring something to my party or at least in good faith read the article.
I read it, fight me lol šŸ„Š
Sponsored

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
To me, the new type R is worth $47,000 max given the demand and production shortage etc. I have other cars to drive during the interim and will wait for the economy to go into a recession and further credit tightening and see who is the boss as I am a cash buyer.
A bank loan is the same as cash to a dealer. It makes no difference to them whether the money is coming out of your account or your bankā€™s.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Lol,

So the article comes from Cox Automotive. In my opinion, it is to their benefit to tell the story as business as usual. The vibe that this article seems to want to get across. Understand that they own the Manheim auto auction.

What I found most interesting, however...

" Unfortunately, there is no government or third-party source that officially and accurately tallies repossession volumes. As the countryā€™s largest auto auction, Manheim repossession volume trends serve as one proxy for the overall market. Working with Equifax data, Cox Automotive has also established a view of auto loan defaults to track the basis for repossessions. We define defaults as auto loans that are beyond 120 days past due but exclude loan accounts in bankruptcy proceedings. "

To be honest I learned a bit from that article.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
A bank loan is the same as cash to a dealer. It makes no difference to them whether the money is coming out of your account or your bankā€™s.
Prefer it comes from a bank though. lol

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
Tis true; a lot of dealers, if not most, prefer you to finance (easier for them to push add-ons, extended warranty, etc.). Once they close the loan with you, the loan responsibility is completely on the buyer. They are paid by the bank and done.
Some, especially those that sell a steady amount of inventory, don't care either way.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Canā€™t we just go back to collectively crying about $20k markups?!? šŸ¤£šŸ˜¢šŸ¤®
Lol, Im waiting to see if there are even higher figures. I have this inkling that some dealer is going to drop a $40k adm.

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
Lol, Im waiting to see if there are even higher figures. I have this inkling that some dealer is going to drop a $40k adm.
Take the 40k ADM mbaapk...feeeeel the power
11th Gen Honda Civic The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread feelit-itscomin

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Donā€™t say that kind stuff out loud, youā€™re gonna will it into existence.

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
If that is how it's going to work:

MSRP Type R's for everyone.
I've heard dealers are reconsidering ADM and looking into the financial benefits of positive publicity, buyer loyalty and word-of-mouth.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I've heard dealers are reconsidering ADM and looking into the financial benefits of positive publicity, buyer loyalty and word-of-mouth.
Yeah, I think thatā€™s not happening.

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
I heard dealers were going to warranty my mods and even install them for me! Maybe even compensate me for my gas to and from!
Sponsored