• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread

FK8JIN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A91 Supra, Focus RS, BB FK8, BB FL5
Considering pretty much most of us who are wanting one now are paying a markup, would anyone consider another color you didn't want if it was cheaper, ie. 3-4k less?
Sponsored

Last edited:

WeudS

First Name
Daoud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 RR CTR, (Sold)2021 RR CTR, 2011 Tahoe LTZ
Considering pretty much most of us who are wanting one now are paying a markup, would anyone consider another color you didn't want if it was cheaper, ie 3-4k less?
Tempting, but it's red or bust for me.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Considering pretty much most of us who are wanting one now are paying a markup, would anyone consider another color you didn't want if it was cheaper, ie. 3-4k less?
If it was just about color, no.

Hicks2seven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda

I'm willing to pay more for CW or RR....but less for other colors

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
I'll do any color which is not Championship White.....only if I get it at MSRP. And then I'll wrap it White, as I like the car best in CW.

Since a MSRP deal isn't likely to happen anytime soon, guess I haven't given it more than a thought.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
My first-choice color is red, I’d consider an alternative if it’s white or black, none of the other colors interest me

Last edited:

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
Justin Cambric
Sales Manager
Hall Honda Huntersville
704-659-8354

$57,380 plus your local taxes.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
From all the emails and phone calls I'm receiving. Doesnt look like DC area dealers are finding buyers willing to pay mark up and cars haven't even arrived yet.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
From all the emails and phone calls I'm receiving. Doesnt look like DC area dealers are finding buyers willing to pay mark up and cars haven't even arrived yet.

Same, multiple calls from the same dealers.

I just keep telling them I'm only interested in MSRP and I'm willing to wait even if it's a year.

Modular Cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #581, 04 GSX-R600
I've been getting multiple calls from a couple up there the past couple weeks as well. The upside is they're at least trying to sell me a Type R. One of the dealers keeps trying to sell me on an Si instead because of "the high interest and low volume" of the Type R and "it's close enough you probably won't mind".

That way of thinking works for things like a chicken sandwich, not something that costs tens of thousands of dollars that you will need to deal with constantly. "We're out of spicy chicken sandwiches, but we can sell you a regular one."

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I've been getting multiple calls from a couple up there the past couple weeks as well. The upside is they're at least trying to sell me a Type R. One of the dealers keeps trying to sell me on an Si instead because of "the high interest and low volume" of the Type R and "it's close enough you probably won't mind".

That way of thinking works for things like a chicken sandwich, not something that costs tens of thousands of dollars that you will need to deal with constantly. "We're out of spicy chicken sandwiches, but we can sell you a regular one."
+1 on the pushing of the Si. I can't tell you how many dealers have asked me if I wanted to either look at a preowned FK8 or a new Si. Hard pass on both, not even remotely interested.

daazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Miata
11th Gen Honda Civic The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread 1670004234724

500% over 2019. It's gotta be all the ADM right?

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R #21399 (sold). 2023 Type-R #912
Anyone remember my screenshot of the salesman trying to sell me at 50k ADM? He just text me saying 25k-35k. All I can do is laugh lol
Sponsored