• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Throttle House Type R comparison video

itsovr9k

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 S2000, 2022 Golf GTI
If your concerned with straightline performance, why are you interested in this car in the first place? Even if it were slightly faster than the FK8, it is still 'slow" relative to other options on the market in the same price range.

The ethos of Honda Type R vehicles have always been balanced performance, with a bias towards handling and chassis dynamics.

Honda made the right decision in lengthening the final drive ratio and increasing front contact patch. The CTR didn't need more max power, just improved capability of putting it to the ground.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
I agree.

People put too much emphasis on numbers when the cars are still virtually identical but the 11th gen is still better in everyway. Drivability and refinement. I've never drag raced in my car or did a roll race against anyone so these numbers mean nothing to me. I'm 40, not looking to destroy my car by acting wreckless in it.

If your concerned with straightline performance, why are you interested in this car in the first place? Even if it were slightly faster than the FK8, it is still 'slow" relative to other options on the market in the same price range.

The ethos of Honda Type R vehicles have always been balanced performance, with a bias towards handling and chassis dynamics.

Honda made the right decision in lengthening the final drive ratio and increasing front contact patch. The CTR didn't need more max power, just improved capability of putting it to the ground.

fkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
I agree.

People put too much emphasis on numbers when the cars are still virtually identical but the 11th gen is still better in everyway. Drivability and refinement. I've never drag raced in my car or did a roll race against anyone so these numbers mean nothing to me. I'm 40, not looking to destroy my car by acting wreckless in it.
Agree with you. Initially I was quite taken back by the video and underwhelmed. But looking in hindsight as a 40 year old guy too, thatā€˜s never done track day or plan to, donā€™t drag or roll, try and drive responsibly, donā€™t bait others into a show of ego on the roads it really doesnā€™t mean much to us. If I ever get a chance to get my hands on a FL5 I will be driving it with love and care, as is the case with most of the cars Iā€™ve owned.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
I agree.

Iā€™m 41 and still pretty reckless at times. Iā€™ve done more roll races on the street than Iā€™d like to admit. One of the reasons why I wanted to get into this platform is to minimize the risk of getting into trouble. The M2C is too fast in the straights for my liking as I find myself doing triple digits without noticing.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Iā€™m 41 and still pretty reckless at times. Iā€™ve done more roll races on the street than Iā€™d like to admit. One of the reasons why I wanted to get into this platform is to minimize the risk of getting into trouble. The M2C is too fast in the straights for my liking as I find myself doing triple digits without noticing.
So you should be happy then? šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Thatā€™s super clean. Did you have a hard time finding it? What trim is it
Thanks, yeah itā€™s the Club with BBS/Brembo/Recaros. And it was literally the last one in the US, for 2022. Far as I can tell. I had to buy it in Central California and ship it.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Thanks, yeah itā€™s the Club with BBS/Brembo/Recaros. And it was literally the last one in the US, for 2022. Far as I can tell. I had to buy it in Central California and ship it.
awesome spec and color. I'd love one in ceramic gray if I had a garage.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
awesome spec and color. I'd love one in ceramic gray if I had a garage.
Thanks! I was happy it was Snowflake White Pearl Mica, as a condolence for not getting a Champ White Type R. Lol. It has been fun so far. I installed some Konis/Springs, a cat back and a tune, and am waiting on injectors and a header, and will go E85.
It isnā€™t a Type R, but the size and weight and relative rawness honestly give me more of what I wanted, than I would have probably gotten with the FL5, in that it feels like the old school Honda I wanted the Type R to be.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Thanks! I was happy it was Snowflake White Pearl Mica, as a condolence for not getting a Champ White Type R. Lol. It has been fun so far. I installed some Konis/Springs, a cat back and a tune, and am waiting on injectors and a header, and will go E85.
It isnā€™t a Type R, but the size and weight and relative rawness honestly give me more of what I wanted, than I would have probably gotten with the FL5, in that it feels like the old school Honda I wanted the Type R to be.
I had a Mazdaspeed Miata and a NC2 prht. I've owned faster cars but no car under 50k can beat the Miata in pure driving enjoyment. Great cars.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
This is why I liked older BMWs but not the new ones. The old ones had so much mechanical and steering feel that they were fun and involving at sane speeds. The new ones just feel dead, so your only option for fun is to drive insane speeds and lose your license.
Sponsored