• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
This is what I’ve been running. I feel like the car is much more alive with the aggressive end of the settings, minus comfort for suspension.
11th Gen Honda Civic What does your individual mode look like for daily driving? E8F7D033-4848-4079-9590-B495B2394423
Sponsored

saGOD

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R | 2020 KIA Sedona
This is what I’ve been running. I feel like the car is much more alive with the aggressive end of the settings, minus comfort for suspension.
E8F7D033-4848-4079-9590-B495B2394423.jpeg
I use the same settings.
Not sure how I feel about Engine Sound at +R yet though.
I like that it's louder, but don't know about the sound coming through the speakers.

dandaman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 RDX, 2023 Type R
Currently mine is set to:

• Sport Engine/Throttle Mapping
  • Comfort suspension
  • Comfort steering
  • Comfort Exhaust / Engine Noise.
  • Rev Match On
  • Sport Gauges

If I get around to unplugging the Active Sound module Ill leave it in +R engine sound but I cannot stand the pumped in engine noise.

OP
OP
CyberCTR

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can’t really tell the difference between the pumped in engine sound. My ears are a little retarded though so it makes sense.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yeah I really wish the engine sound thru the speakers could simply be turned off too. It’s just not realistic to hear engine sounds coming directly from the driver’s side A pillar area while in the driver’s seat.😕

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
I don’t have mine yet! But I’m probably going to do:

Engine: +R
Steering: Sport? (Hard to say without having felt the different steering weights)
Suspension: Comfort
Engine Sound: Comfort (I loathe active sound control and will be looking into deactivating it)
Rev Match: Off
Gauge: +R

CorbinDallas

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR Champion White
Currently mine is set to:

• Sport Engine/Throttle Mapping
  • Comfort suspension
  • Comfort steering
  • Comfort Exhaust / Engine Noise.
  • Rev Match On
  • Sport Gauges

If I get around to unplugging the Active Sound module Ill leave it in +R engine sound but I cannot stand the pumped in engine noise.
How can I get rid of the active sound? I’d love to do it this weekend just not sure where the plug is located.

OP
OP
CyberCTR

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does the engine sound effect the exhaust being opened? Or is that just the engine setting?

dandaman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 RDX, 2023 Type R
How can I get rid of the active sound? I’d love to do it this weekend just not sure where the plug is located.
Info here:
https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threa...ol-and-active-exhaust-valve-discussion.51198/

Does the engine sound effect the exhaust being opened? Or is that just the engine setting?
From what I understand it only effects the noise through the speakers so the exhaust should still operate as designed under all the other modes.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
That’s my understanding too, regarding the sound, but I haven’t seen an actual confirmation from anyone with hands-on experience with both the sound system and the exhaust system confirm it.

If it’s true, then all one has to do is put the sound in Comfort mode to disable it. However, I think there’s an actual electronically controlled valve in the exhaust (for the resonator pipe) that closes when in Comfort mode too…and that’s why people are disabling the sound module to the speakers altogether. Still, I’ve not seen confirmation about how this sound module relates to the exhaust valve or not. So, are people disabling the sound module unnecessarily? It seems possible.

I (or someone) needs to experiment with the sound modes and take some sound captures outside the car while revving the engine. That may help solve the mystery.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I owned an Accord 2.0 Touring and in sport mode... The noise was awful.

On the CTR.. I noticed it on the first rev match and immediately changed settings lol.

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
+R everything except the steering and suspension on comfort (and rev match on Sport because there's no +R option for that). Don't mind the fake noise at all.

Dallman

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pilot, 1971 Triumph TR6, 2023 CTR

UJX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type-R #2479