Sponsored

What parts from the 2027 are you swapping over

Nikw91

Senior Member
First Name
Nik 772typr
Joined
Nov 3, 2023
Threads
19
Messages
548
Reaction score
559
Location
WPB, FL
Vehicle(s)
2025 CW FL5
The front facia for better cooling. Hopefully it is just the insert and not the whole bumper.

Strix on instagram already sells the black knobs for our cars for a decent price. Just FYI
 

Terkoiz

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2022
Threads
1
Messages
92
Reaction score
157
Location
Toronto, Canada
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic Type R
The front facia for better cooling. Hopefully it is just the insert and not the whole bumper.

Strix on instagram already sells the black knobs for our cars for a decent price. Just FYI
I had the same thought re: the bumper insert.


11th Gen Honda Civic What parts from the 2027 are you swapping over ea533fd6-8f04-41a8-b72d-346bd13e6e8f


It seems though that the pre-refresh bumper (part 1) dictates the opening to the FMIC though, and with it now being larger to allow more air through (and squared off as opposed to this trapezoid opening), I don’t think the insert (part 10) will be enough.

I think the refreshed bumper might now be different.
 


chopsuey34

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2022
Threads
18
Messages
323
Reaction score
249
Location
West Michigan
Vehicle(s)
ex-Meta, ex-AWS, ex-2025 Honda Civic Si
People on this forum in a few months be like:

WTB: 2027 Type R heated seats
 

Jack90210

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
95
Reaction score
76
Location
Central VA, USA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Type R
I was happy to find that the Type R was performance-focused to the point where heated seats weren't an option, so I don't feel any need to swap comfort-oriented items. (Besides, I'd rather have a heated steering wheel than heated seats!)
 

Nikw91

Senior Member
First Name
Nik 772typr
Joined
Nov 3, 2023
Threads
19
Messages
548
Reaction score
559
Location
WPB, FL
Vehicle(s)
2025 CW FL5
I had the same thought re: the bumper insert.


ea533fd6-8f04-41a8-b72d-346bd13e6e8f.webp


It seems though that the pre-refresh bumper (part 1) dictates the opening to the FMIC though, and with it now being larger to allow more air through (and squared off as opposed to this trapezoid opening), I don’t think the insert (part 10) will be enough.

I think the refreshed bumper might now be different.
It honestly doesn’t look like that much of a difference in terms of air flow so I’m not to worried about it.

The fact that Honda didn’t release the percentage of change probably means it’s negligible.

If you remember when Honda did the FK8 2020 refresh by opening up the grille… Honda gave a percentage of change since it was actually a significant amount.
 


Sporky McGeuschky

Senior Member
First Name
Sporky
Joined
Feb 21, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
615
Reaction score
604
Location
Central Texas
Vehicle(s)
'25 Civic Type R, Dory Blue and Satin White
Build Thread
Link
I gotta hear the new horn first.

I'd like to finally remove the modern audience ovaries and reinstall the OE testicles.
 

Montrix

Member
First Name
Andre
Joined
Jan 5, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
45
Reaction score
40
Location
Massachusetts
Vehicle(s)
2025 Type R SGP
2023+ Canadian FL5's already have a auto dimming homelink mirror. You can swap it now. Will likely need to run a power cable.
I have the Accord mirror + harness and it works without issue(honestly installed it more for the garage opener and to mount my radar detector).

I'm curious to see what the PN will be, the one gripe I have with it is that the Accord mirror doesn't sit as tight
 

Cueyo

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2023
Threads
22
Messages
1,015
Reaction score
810
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Civic Type R
The front insert if it's possible would be fun to do, though I kinda like the current look.

If the auto dimming mirror has homelink, that too, and maybe the alcantara dash.

I might be in the minority, but I HATE heated seats, I feel like Im peeing myself whenever they turn on. NO THANK YOU.
 
Last edited:

22Si

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2023
Threads
6
Messages
304
Reaction score
247
Location
IL
Vehicle(s)
2025 FL5
The front insert if it's possible would be fun to do, though I kinda like the current look.

If the auto dimming mirror has homelink, that too, and maybe the alcantara dash.

I might be in the minority, but I HATE heated seats, I feel like Im peeing myself whenever they turn on. NO THANK YOU.
It's making you squirt lol
Sponsored

 
 







Top