• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Weird, not sure what to think. The Straight Pipes and Verstappen claimed this new car had less understeer. Also, in SG's video, they seem to imply the newer model rotates easier (but he can chime in to clarify). And a couple of other videos (forget which ones exactly) which reflect similar sentiments.

Could be the tires (some reviews might be done with Cup 2s vs PS4Ss) and different tire pressures as well that give different impressions.
Probably a lot of variables, but in that video he’s straight up claiming that this Hideki Kakinuma designed the car to have a stuck back end and under steer. I’m sure the aftermarket will fix that if need be though.
Sponsored

OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Correct. I didn’t say chief engineer though. The Stig said the “project chief” or “large project leader for this car” likes understeer and it was evident. If that’s considered a chief engineer then I don’t have much to add. Just sharing the video and his feedback.
I wasn't being confrontational, just saying we never heard him say that, in fact even with translation issues that guy would hates understeer.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
They are 100% right on the price and dealer mark-up matter, but they report this car is more fun to drive than the GR Corolla, and it puts down faster lap times than the Golf R, no small feats when retaining FWD structure. Whether you like or hate the car you have to respect how they can achieve that level of performance and drive characteristics with a FWD setup.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
I wasn't being confrontational, just saying we never heard him say that, in fact even with translation issues that guy would hates understeer.
Well, that’s interesting. It would make more sense though. Who would want understeer? lol.
Either way this new FL5 has got me all hot and bothered, Mark. Can’t wait to see the mechanical extravaganza.
(Love your channel)

OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Well, that’s interesting. It would make more sense though. Who would want understeer? lol.
Either way this new FL5 has got me all hot and bothered, Mark. Can’t wait to see the mechanical extravaganza.
(Love your channel)
I'm excited for when the car shows up. Probably will be in a blizzard.

WeudS

First Name
Daoud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 RR CTR, (Sold)2021 RR CTR, 2011 Tahoe LTZ
I'm excited for when the car shows up. Probably will be in a blizzard.
Interesting. Session with Chicago Auto Pros coming up for PPF and or Ceramic?

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
If the Elantra N wasn't those most hideous looking vehicle manufactured in the last 30 years, I'd probably consider the same. It's complete dogshit from every angle. The performance is there but If you don't turn around and grin after parking and walking away, why bother? It'd be like getting married to an ugly person who's great in bed but your forced to keep the lights off. :oops:
Brutal take….

Hyundai engines have been lackluster in recent years and maybe add that you dont want your motor grenading after 100k as well.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Front PPF and ceramic. Idk how I feel about running it in winter though.
Right on. Full PPF for me then sits in the garage under the car cover until mid March fingers crossed. I dont know how i feel about stuffing it with fuel stabilizer right out of the gate but don’t really have a choice.

OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Right on. Full PPF for me then sits in the garage under the car cover until mid March fingers crossed. I dont know how i feel about stuffing it with fuel stabilizer right out of the gate but don’t really have a choice.
Maybe I wrong but feel like every fun Civic was released in winter.

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
@savagegeese, My FL5's Active Exhaust Valve doesn't seem to open in Comfort mode at around 4000rpm (All in comfort). On Individual setting, does Engine or Engine Sound part need to be in Sports or +R for Exhaust Valve to open? Any input would be much appreciated :rolleyes:

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
@savagegeese, My FL5's Active Exhaust Valve doesn't seem to open in Comfort mode at around 4000rpm (All in comfort). On Individual setting, does Engine or Engine Sound part need to be in Sports or +R for Exhaust Valve to open? Any input would be much appreciated :rolleyes:
It should be tied to the engine noise. Just undo the vacuum line to the flap.

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
It should be tied to the engine noise. Just undo the vacuum line to the flap.
Will there be any mechanical problems if I let the valve open all the time? I've done it to Audi and had no problem. Thinking to actually do it on fl5.
Sponsored