• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread

STEye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW CTR FL5
On a whim I sent a cars.com request for a GR Corolla Core with the limited slip diff. They were selling it for $5k over.
Sponsored

jaco

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 99 Miata
Hubler Honda in Indiana,

20k markup.....

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Yeah, those dealers getting the 2nd batch don't want to sell for any less than those other dealers made out for. Like I said, I think we don't see the ADM under the 8-10k range until there are multiple Type R's in a location sitting for weeks. And with production numbers so far, I don't see it just yet.
Once we get a stream of Integra Type S's hitting the market, maybe Type R prices will finally dip. Acura mentioned how all Acuras sold in the US are built here, so hopefully there will be a lot more Type S supply.

Mass

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
Made an account because I inquired about a local Type R.
Legends Honda, Kansas City,KS.
5k markup, BUT raffle system and the car will sit at the dealer for a month.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Middlekauff Honda:

"This one is available at this time. We should see it sometime in the next 2 weeks. Price is $54,845"

mcharity

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
So Waldorf Honda and the salesman blocked me after having a discussion on the phone. He texted me first saying to call, I do, and then he transferred me to a sales manager. I let her know that I was calling because Jeremiah(sales person) said too and that he immediately transferred me to her, so I wasn’t entirely sure what was going on.

I proceeded to let her know “since I have you on the phone” of the 2 FL5’s that are currently being auctioned. One in Championship White reached a high bid of $50,250 with 50 miles on it. Another on CarsAndBids has been stuck at $48,000 for 2 days and has 22hours left.

I then say I will make an offer once the auction ends so I can ensure my offer is reasonable with what other people are willing to pay. (Once again I only called because they reached out)

She then tells me that the reason the ~$50,000 Type R didn’t sell for more was because it was previously titled(turns out it wasn’t, the dealer was the one auctioning it). I replied asking if having “1” previous owner for a car registered in December makes it worth ~$11,000 less than theirs? She said yes. I responded “so I shouldn’t buy from you because I will be taking a $10,000 bath as soon as I do? Because I will make the car have a previous owner”.

She stumbled over her words and I let her know “when you are done playing games on a car that’s been there almost 1.5 months to let me know”. I then hung up.

I probably could’ve handled that better towards the end but frankly Honda dealers are starting to piss me off.

supertyper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
So Waldorf Honda and the salesman blocked me after having a discussion on the phone. He texted me first saying to call, I do, and then he transferred me to a sales manager. I let her know that I was calling because Jeremiah(sales person) said too and that he immediately transferred me to her, so I wasn’t entirely sure what was going on.

I proceeded to let her know “since I have you on the phone” of the 2 FL5’s that are currently being auctioned. One in Championship White reached a high bid of $50,250 with 50 miles on it. Another on CarsAndBids has been stuck at $48,000 for 2 days and has 22hours left.

I then say I will make an offer once the auction ends so I can ensure my offer is reasonable with what other people are willing to pay. (Once again I only called because they reached out)

She then tells me that the reason the ~$50,000 Type R didn’t sell for more was because it was previously titled(turns out it wasn’t, the dealer was the one auctioning it). I replied asking if having “1” previous owner for a car registered in December makes it worth ~$11,000 less than theirs? She said yes. I responded “so I shouldn’t buy from you because I will be taking a $10,000 bath as soon as I do? Because I will make the car have a previous owner”.

She stumbled over her words and I let her know “when you are done playing games on a car that’s been there almost 1.5 months to let me know”. I then hung up.

I probably could’ve handled that better towards the end but frankly Honda dealers are starting to piss me off.
Lmao nah you handled that perfectly. Let’s immortalize these 🤡 ass dealers scalping while they can, and let’s remind them where they stood once cars are abundant again.

Mathman

First Name
Jad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt and a Vespa
Made an account because I inquired about a local Type R.
Legends Honda, Kansas City,KS.
5k markup, BUT raffle system and the car will sit at the dealer for a month.
I’ve got my name in the hat on that one, it’s a fair enough price and I really want CW.
If I’m not the lucky winner I’m not sure what I might do next.

Mass

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
I’ve got my name in the hat on that one, it’s a fair enough price and I really want CW.
If I’m not the lucky winner I’m not sure what I might do next.
If I were willing to pay a 5k markup(which I am not) I would just call around and tell dealers. I also have a good trade in and that helps a bit. I would not want my Type R sitting in a showroom for a month with people getting in and out, touching it, being washed at the dealer to keep it looking good.

DarthTrizzle

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
If I were willing to pay a 5k markup(which I am not) I would just call around and tell dealers. I also have a good trade in and that helps a bit. I would not want my Type R sitting in a showroom for a month with people getting in and out, touching it, being washed at the dealer to keep it looking good.
I paid a markup but my dealer gave me a little extra on the trade-in and that helped offset it a lot. It helped that I bought my Si that I traded in from them as well.

Mathman

First Name
Jad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt and a Vespa
The only other white one so far is in Arkansas and they want a fortune. There is one on the way to Joplin MO and I’ve emailed them.

Edit: the one on the way to Joplin is already sold. Bummer.

Last edited:

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR

You handled it perfectly tbh, hopefully someone random doesn't come around and give them the markup.

THe Carsandbids car might make it to $50k but its not lookin like it. I'd advise everyone to print screenshot of the cars that were auctioned and bring with them to dealers to help in the negotiations

daazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Miata
Balise Honda of West Warwick does MSRP only on their Type R. Can't place deposit over phone they'll only do it in person. Good luck to whoever can get there first.

@VPMotors it's in CW

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
Balise Honda of West Warwick does MSRP only on their Type R. Can't place deposit over phone they'll only do it in person. Good luck to whoever can get there first.

@VPMotors it's in CW
I spoke to them. Would be heading there once I get off work. Fingers crossed 🤞