• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Drop in K&N filter available for FL5

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I purchased the Sprint filter for the FL5 from MADNESS Autoworks they are the only authorized Sprint in the United States. Also you are correct the filter sizes are different:thumbsup:
What is the deal with the $300 variant? I see the regular P08 for $110, but what are these step up versions? Did you get a chance to compare vs K&N yet?
Sponsored

OP
OP
JDM_DOHC_SiR

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TLX Type-S / 2023 Civic Type-R / 2024 HRV EXL
What is the deal with the $300 variant? I see the regular P08 for $110, but what are these step up versions? Did you get a chance to compare vs K&N yet?
Yeah I saw that when I ordered my filter ā€¦ itā€™s the black looking one ā€¦ from what I was told it has even less restriction than the standard version but ā€¦.. wasnā€™t worth trying out for the amount they wanted for it:confused1:
As far as a comparison I should have some feedback and pictures up later today. Iā€™ll have the 1 month feedback and impressions with MPG for the PRL filter today and I should have feed back on the sprint in about 3-4 weeks later. I did drop in the sprint filter last night and I can tell you one thing, the audible sound is much louder than the PRLā€¦ similar to the K&N but just slightly louder I thinkā€¦. Which is good if you are looking for induction sound:thumbsup:

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Yeah I saw that when I ordered my filter ā€¦ itā€™s the black looking one ā€¦ from what I was told it has even less restriction than the standard version but ā€¦.. wasnā€™t worth trying out for the amount they wanted for it:confused1:
As far as a comparison I should have some feedback and pictures up later today. Iā€™ll have the 1 month feedback and impressions with MPG for the PRL filter today and I should have feed back on the sprint in about 3-4 weeks later. I did drop in the sprint filter last night and I can tell you one thing, the audible sound is much louder than the PRLā€¦ similar to the K&N but just slightly louder I thinkā€¦. Which is good if you are looking for induction sound:thumbsup:
Yeah I have the K&N and am very pleased, which is why I was curious about whether the Sprint is worth the upgrade.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec

OP
OP
JDM_DOHC_SiR

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

jchall30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R

LeoA86

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
OK, so I was looking at both filters by sprint, how in the world does their p08f1-85 flow that much better than their p08? Looking at their permeability air performance chart the p08/spoon air filter is already flowing better than the k and n one and probably the prl one. Is it worth the money? I mean it's flowing 3x better than the competition. I personally love my k and n filter and I noticed a change in performance (slight but noticeable) and definitely way more sound. So in theory judging by their testing and charts this filter should make the engine sound way louder and also we should notice a power difference.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Got the PRL for my car, I actually had the Spoon on order but lead times were too long. Plus the PRL matches the color of the car lol

OP
OP
JDM_DOHC_SiR

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK, so I was looking at both filters by sprint, how in the world does their p08f1-85 flow that much better than their p08? Looking at their permeability air performance chart the p08/spoon air filter is already flowing better than the k and n one and probably the prl one. Is it worth the money? I mean it's flowing 3x better than the competition. I personally love my k and n filter and I noticed a change in performance (slight but noticeable) and definitely way more sound. So in theory judging by their testing and charts this filter should make the engine sound way louder and also we should notice a power difference.
I have had the Sprint Filter in for a few days now and it is definitely louder than the K&N .... and the K&N was louder than the PRL for induction sounds... :thumbsup:

LeoA86

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I have had the Sprint Filter in for a few days now and it is definitely louder than the K&N .... and the K&N was louder than the PRL for induction sounds... :thumbsup:
Nice dude. It sounds crazy but I think I'm going to do the crazy expensive sprint filter. I mean it's three times the flow. How can it not be louder and more power? :D

OP
OP
JDM_DOHC_SiR

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice dude. It sounds crazy but I think I'm going to do the crazy expensive sprint filter. I mean it's three times the flow. How can it not be louder and more power? :D
11th Gen Honda Civic Drop in K&N filter available for FL5 1677719210778
Sponsored