• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

kopite44

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic Si
^ I'm not trying to 'push' or flex on anyone, just replying to a strange and out-of-place comment where someone suggested I was some financially illiterate bum because I want to place a deposit on a CTR. If anyone has any recs on dealers to contact, I'd appreciate it. If someone just wants to soapbox about how dumb everyone else is with finances so they can feel smart, suit yourself, but it's not helpful and falls on deaf ears. I keep seeing comments about how there are dealers out there still taking names, but *which ones*? Can anyone actually provide some names or is this just all hearsay? I have contacted several that I have seen mentioned on this forum and every single one of them has turned me away or told me I was literally 60+ deep on the list.
Join the official Civic type r 2023+ Facebook group. Lots of people sharing good info and giving up reservation spots. $5K ADM appears achievable.

Trilly_Loomis

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 SGP Passport
Thereā€™s a lot of variables here and I think your FOMO might be leading you down the wrong path.
Letā€™s start at base, all dealers are working off one another, so if dealer A got a 10-15k ADM, in most instances dealer B is running with that number because why not line the pockets? Now are there unicorn MSRP deals out there yes, are there 3k and 5k deals out there yes, are some of the 10-15k ones coming down, yes but 80% of people interested in the FL5 are max willing to pay 5k ADM and not a penny over. Which means any dealer offering MSRP or 3-5k of course the lists are super deep and no right minded dealer is gonna deal with the headache of tying up 10k in deposits knowing they might not even be able to fill 10 orders in this cars run. Which brings me to the next point, because there is STILL no official numbers and ONLY speculation on how many will be made for the US. Dealers as well as us in the market are working on hearsay. This is still a very much in the dark situation for everyone. Next up. Given all these things working against each other, some dealers are wising up that there are a handful of people out there that have severe FOMO on this car so if they get a call and say they are a 5k adm and the person offers a 7.5k bid. This might be where you are seeing refunded deposits or ā€œfirst come first servedā€ situations. Same way dealers know people
Want it bad and will do anything to get it, so they have no officially locked in deal or trust if a guy on the waitlist that has a 1k deposit down wants it earlier and finds a separate deal, so now they gotta refund a deposit, etc, itā€™s a lot of work. First come first served allows for real buyers to present themselves at the dealer and lock in the deal or start a bid war. I have called over 100 Honda dealerships across the US and Iā€™m in Chicago. Iā€™ve heard every trope on this site repeated by the dealers. They admit to almost all of this. So my final advice would be, keep your eyes peeled for the next wave of cars and start making calls, while youā€™re waiting for that go through the East coast deliveries thread on here and look for ASPECR posts regarding incoming cars from the past. Call those dealers that already got one cuz the cycle is about to repeat itself. First wave dealers are about to get the 4th wave cars and then 2nd wave gets 5th. Etc. I hope this helps a bit. I donā€™t think anyone is trying to be fully disrespectful by not offering you up a silver platter of dealer names with the best deals, but please keep in mind some have been working on locking down their deals since the car was announced or since before MSRP was even set in stone. And same way you have had a deal pulled on you, no one wants that to happen to them. As a guy who has been calling and calling and calling, bashing my head into my keyboard having to say the same song and dance. Youā€™ll get your 5k deal in the next three months. Just remain diligent. If you canā€™t get this done till next year, mute this site and wait. Donā€™t allow ā€œwhat ifsā€ to drive you to obsession. I guarantee you will get one and get one when youā€™re ready.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Anyone here planning on purchasing multiple FL5s or am I the only crazy one? I got CW. Still want red. First world problems.
For me I'd rather get the Integra Type S.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
I paid 3k ADM on my car. With accessories worth 500 included in it
congrats! and i did say that it could be possible to get low/no ADM if you have an established relationship with a dealer or are lucky. but a lot of the people posting on here have said (see their stories) that their existing relationship didn't work out over the allure of extra money to be made (their agreements were cancelled)... while others (like myself) did not have an existing relationship with the honda dealer where i bought it. so, while i am thrilled for you that you got such a great deal... what you didn't explain was what you did or what others might do to replicate that. bragging is fine... but then help others to get their hands on a car like this. ;)

Last edited:

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
I hounded the shit out of my dealership so bad that they sold me the car to shut me up and they still tried to sell it to someone else first.
haha! yes, this was the focus of one of my posts as well. while i'm definitely not encouraging harrassing any dealer, i visited my local dealerships in person multiple times. they called me when the cars came in... they called me when they dropped the prices. they knew i wanted one, and altho i wasn't even on their radar when i first visited, they got to know me and they knew i was serious enough to make the trip over there each time.

again, i really like my sales rep (who stuck to his commitment), but as i said, they already have a deposit on their next car without any VIN or ETA even.

those of you who have had the dealers crap out on you... did you have a written agreement that the car was yours, or just a deposit to show you were serious?

since deposits are a common thing and are very often negated/returned, is there a more reliable method/form of paperwork that would lock in a car/place in line without a vin number?

TimeRacer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Prelude
Can you provide an example of a scenario like this that one could reference or a credible source that backs this logic?
The history of the FK8 prior to Honda announcing there will be no immediate next generation, putting the next generation in limbo which immediately began to spike prices if it was the last. Before the announcement one could hunt and pick up the FK8 at MSRP. Or just like now that the FL5 is rolling out, FK8 prices are coming DOWN across the board. Or literally ANY hyped car that's coming back after a hiatus but still has decent production levels so we're not talking 911 GT3's and such where demand is modeled to always outpace total supply used or not. Initial price is always a spike to satisfy the pent up demand, we're not even 6mo into the FL5 rollout. Heck, even the GR Corolla rollout, which is just faster than the CTR rollout has the markups below $5k already with some dealerships already getting 3 cars. It's simple supply and demand. There's plenty of examples of this happening right in front of you if you want to look - I'm just confused as to why it's such a contention point.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
The history of the FK8 prior to Honda announcing there will be no immediate next generation, putting the next generation in limbo which immediately began to spike prices if it was the last. Before the announcement one could hunt and pick up the FK8 at MSRP. Or just like now that the FL5 is rolling out, FK8 prices are coming DOWN across the board. Or literally ANY hyped car that's coming back after a hiatus but still has decent production levels so we're not talking 911 GT3's and such where demand is modeled to always outpace total supply used or not. Initial price is always a spike to satisfy the pent up demand, we're not even 6mo into the FL5 rollout. Heck, even the GR Corolla rollout, which is just faster than the CTR rollout has the markups below $5k already with some dealerships already getting 3 cars. It's simple supply and demand. There's plenty of examples of this happening right in front of you if you want to look - I'm just confused as to why it's such a contention point.
Seems to me that is the new car impacting the pre-owned market.

I was waiting for you to explain to me how the pre-owned market helps set the new. I didn't understand your logic. Which is why I asked...

TimeRacer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Prelude
Seems to me that is the new car impacting the pre-owned market.

I was waiting for you to explain to me how the pre-owned market helps set the new. I didn't understand your logic. Which is why I asked...
If there's a healthy pre-owned market, new prices are very unlikely to be marked up with ridiculous ADM's unless the dealers have no intention of turning over the car. Think of any high hype car from the past pre-pandemic 10 years and you're welcome to go back and look at the pricing histories. But now in the case of the FL5 where there's virtually no used market and we're not even at 1 car per dealership yet, high ADM's are the norm and will be until more supply satisfies pent up demand. With the 2 year horizon of the person I was responding to, just like the FK8, lower overall pricing once pent up demand flushes through the system and used availability will allow better deals to be had. Used prices like the 911 GT3 RS which can be over 50+% over MSRP pricing... guess what, dealers are charging 100+% or more over MSRP because allocations are so scarce and demand continues to outpace supply intentionally by Porsche - that's not the case with the CTR in general. We've already seen the flipping of new FL5's isn't that robust for these cars in the first place so (cars and bids among other attempts) why is the belief the car will be closer to 911 GT3 price trends rather than the FK8?

Last edited:

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
That is a lot of words... I just wanted an example of the preowned market impacting the new.

TimeRacer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Prelude
That is a lot of words... I just wanted an example of the preowned market impacting the new.
Explanations are too much? Sure... TL : DR - FK8 price history for the first 3 years.
Sponsored