• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
really not comparable honestly, the ISF a rwd v8 saloon loves to be tail happy. it invokes a lot more emotion bc of the engine note and how raw the experience is. easy to oversteer. both cars are incredibly direct, but because of how chaotic the ISF is, i find myself more immersed in driving despite it having an automatic. the CTR feels like a go-kart. so nimble and does everything you want, very predictable. can’t say about that in the F lol. both cars have a lot of jekyll & hyde personality. in overall experience, i can’t say which is better since both are incredible regardless, but very different experiences.
i had a 13 isf...one of my favorite cars i've ever driven/owned....such fun
Sponsored

Galaxyhatch412

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatchback
sorry! english is not my first language so i apologize
English was great my guy, felt like I was talking directly to you. By the way, is there a way to turn the rev matching completely off or just between sport and comfort modes?

Baller review, hope to get mine soon.

OldPirate

Old Pirate
First Name
Mr G.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic SI , 2017 Toyota Corolla IM,
I just wet my pants, congratulations in getting your Type R.....Love the review!

865AF

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 FK8 #41200, '19 Titan PRO-4X, '88 Prelude 4WS
Thanks so much for the review, crash___! Congrats on your amazing & beautiful car!

I apologize for everyone (incorrectly, I believe?) assuming your gender. Hope you haven't been too bothered by getting called "bro", "man", & "my guy".

If you don't mind the question, what's your first language? Honestly would not have guessed that it wasn't English, if you hadn't said so.

Again, congrats on the car! Definitely super jealous.

RickyJeezus

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
"probably my only true complaint has to be the suspension. it’s really good when you need it, but’s too rough for daily driving. it’s too reactive and bumpy even in comfort mode. not punishing, but could wear out a person for a bit. i live in seattle and i know bad roads. road noise floor is also pretty loud, could be the tires, but probably not the main cause of it."

Thank you for the review but this is very disappointing to read. This is a road car and if it's too harsh, even in comfort mode, to drive on the road, I'm out.
You can't base comfort off of one person's opinion....I used to sell cars for a living and I've had customers drive the same vehicle with one saying how comfortable it is and another saying that the ride was too stiff.

With my personal experience in my FK8, the stock wheels are too big, but the ride is very liveable...and I live in Los Angeles so we have mixed roads. I expect the FL5 to be slightly better with the 19s.

I would reserve judgement until I experience something first hand.

JBO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cayman GT4 | 2015 Fiesta ST
Yes I will wait for further reviews of course, but from what I have seen and read so far everyone is saying comfort is not that comfortable. Of course, you might expect my GT4 to be the same, but it's remarkably good when trundling around on all but the harshest roads. Bad roads...yes you can feel everything but the GT4 is not my daily. The CTR would be.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Yes I will wait for further reviews of course, but from what I have seen and read so far everyone is saying comfort is not that comfortable. Of course, you might expect my GT4 to be the same, but it's remarkably good when trundling around on all but the harshest roads. Bad roads...yes you can feel everything but the GT4 is not my daily. The CTR would be.
That's probably because it has magnetic suspension which allows you to get the benefit of both worlds. The CTR doesn't have this. I wonder if downgrading to 18 inch wheels would make it feel less harsh

The CTR would be my daily too. Might have to look into getting the Integra Type S if the suspension is really that unbearable for me

RickyJeezus

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
GT4 is mid engine, which makes a huge difference in how a car rides.

Common mod is to go with 18s, which I did on mine, and that helped a lot, but also changed steering feel (for the worse) but being that you are looking for a daily, ultimate dynamics shouldn't matter.

mabotofu

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 FRS
Cool to see someone from WA as well get their hands on this. Thank you for this write up.

OP
OP
crash___

crash___

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, CW FL5
That's probably because it has magnetic suspension which allows you to get the benefit of both worlds. The CTR doesn't have this. I wonder if downgrading to 18 inch wheels would make it feel less harsh

The CTR would be my daily too. Might have to look into getting the Integra Type S if the suspension is really that unbearable for me
no it is not unbearable at all. it's just super noticeable. i may have exaggerated a bit haha. it's r+ that makes the car suuuppeerrr bumpy. in comfort, it's just bumpy, like an m2c.

OP
OP
crash___

crash___

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, CW FL5
English was great my guy, felt like I was talking directly to you. By the way, is there a way to turn the rev matching completely off or just between sport and comfort modes?

Baller review, hope to get mine soon.
you can turn it off, but you have to dig into the settings for it. no simpler way which is weird

OP
OP
crash___

crash___

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, CW FL5
Thanks so much for the review, crash___! Congrats on your amazing & beautiful car!

I apologize for everyone (incorrectly, I believe?) assuming your gender. Hope you haven't been too bothered by getting called "bro", "man", & "my guy".

If you don't mind the question, what's your first language? Honestly would not have guessed that it wasn't English, if you hadn't said so.

Again, congrats on the car! Definitely super jealous.
my first language is indonesian!

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
no it is not unbearable at all. it's just super noticeable. i may have exaggerated a bit haha. it's r+ that makes the car suuuppeerrr bumpy. in comfort, it's just bumpy, like an m2c.
I'm looking for a lively and fun suspension, definitely not looking for punishing though... Hopefully the Type R gives that to me
Sponsored