• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

ElpacoSV

Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
Unfortunately I think Honda is just kind of riding the wave until it starts to switch over to full hybridization/electrification. They're not going to dump tons of money into their current engines and just ride the current tech out for the next 5-6 years. Come time for the 12th gen Honda will have most likely started going electric and hybrid and we will start to possibly see new more interesting, more powerful and efficient gas/electric combinations. But this next generation of Honda's lineup (from civic up to pilot) will probably be mostly all carryover with minor tweaks until they start adding batteries. I do think that turbo+hybrid could have some interesting applications, especially in regards to performance. Sadly it seems, at least for the time being, Honda has put performance/enthusiast oriented products on the back burner focusing more on volume, crossovers, and just holding the current line until bigger changes are implemented.
Sadly? The current type R is a blast to drive and it dominates the completion having more power. I don't see this as an issue at all. The next type R will be more refine and I assume performance wise will be equal to the competition. OFC it will be surpassed but nevertheless it will be a good product and you'll see makups as well.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Sadly? The current type R is a blast to drive and it dominates the completion having more power. I don't see this as an issue at all. The next type R will be more refine and I assume performance wise will be equal to the competition. OFC it will be surpassed but nevertheless it will be a good product and you'll see makups as well.
Calm down sparky... I wasn't saying the Type R was going to be a BAD car... it just wasn't going to improve (performance wise) over the 10th gen. Yes, refinement and other things like that will be improved upon and that may matter to some more than others. But in a car like the Type R, enthusiasts care about performance gains gen over gen, especially when the 9th and 10th already had carryover. It'll still be a fantasic car for anyone that doesn't already have one... but it's not really a big incentive for anyone to upgrade from their 10th gen either.

ElpacoSV

Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
Calm down sparky... I wasn't saying the Type R was going to be a BAD car... it just wasn't going to improve (performance wise) over the 10th gen. Yes, refinement and other things like that will be improved upon and that may matter to some more than others. But in a car like the Type R, enthusiasts care about performance gains gen over gen, especially when the 9th and 10th already had carryover. It'll still be a fantasic car for anyone that doesn't already have one... but it's not really a big incentive for anyone to upgrade from their 10th gen either.
Don't be too sensitive my friend! I simply state that some people will change to the new car just for the fun of having the new thing. Life is like that. Honda does only small improvements on successful products. Look at their history cars ;-)

VarmintCong

Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 6MT Sport hatch
Would love if they can just improve the sound of the engine and exhaust. But maybe that won’t be cheap. If the car gains 100 lbs, the same power won’t be enough.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Don't be too sensitive my friend! I simply state that some people will change to the new car just for the fun of having the new thing. Life is like that. Honda does only small improvements on successful products. Look at their history cars ;-)
I can completely understand upgrading for the sake of upgrading too! I've had MANY civics. 2 each of the 8th, 9th, and 10th gens (pre and post refreshes of each). So I totally get it. And the new styling willing surely appeal to some more than the 10th as well.

My original post was really just saying that we probably won't see any massive performance improvements on any honda products as they gear up for their electrification push in the next 5-6 years. Lots of small tweaks and carryover until they begin adding hybrid motors and going full electric, then we will see BIG changes (hopefully in a good way).

ElpacoSV

Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
I can completely understand upgrading for the sake of upgrading too! I've had MANY civics. 2 each of the 8th, 9th, and 10th gens (pre and post refreshes of each). So I totally get it. And the new styling willing surely appeal to some more than the 10th as well.

My original post was really just saying that we probably won't see any massive performance improvements on any honda products as they gear up for their electrification push in the next 5-6 years. Lots of small tweaks and carryover until they begin adding hybrid motors and going full electric, then we will see BIG changes (hopefully in a good way).
I totally agree with you!