• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2005 WRX Wagon, 2013 X5M, 2019 Type R!!!
Based on this thread, this is where the hood scoop sits
Correct but look at the placement in this shot, it's more to the front middle than where the current one is. I think they are aggressively working to solve heat issues for this upcoming R and one way is a massively revised hood.

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic Type R Info & Rendering. Will Have Manual Transmission and Upgraded 2.0L Turbo Engine 2022-civic-type-r-testing-europe-5-
Sponsored

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
Correct but look at the placement in this shot, it's more to the front middle than where the current one is. I think they are aggressively working to solve heat issues for this upcoming R and one way is a massively revised hood.
I just hope it's big enough so I can avoid going to J's or Varis for their hood once they get it in the works LOL

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On a side note, could anyone come up with a colour render for the new CTR? Just so everyone can have an idea

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Maybe I'm just pessimistic, but I don't think that they're going to fix the overheating issues at all. They made a token attempt with the slightly revised grill in the 20's, which did absolutely nothing to prevent overheating. I'm anticipating a facelift version of the current R with a slightly more aggressive tune. I hope that Honda surprises us, but judging by the minimal changes to the base car, I'm skeptical.

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda needs to fix the A/C issue first lol. Not much people (in Canada so far) are complaining about overheating, I don't see an extended warranty for that so far

Jabberwocker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRolla CE/Taco/Pilot
Maybe I'm just pessimistic, but I don't think that they're going to fix the overheating issues at all. They made a token attempt with the slightly revised grill in the 20's, which did absolutely nothing to prevent overheating. I'm anticipating a facelift version of the current R with a slightly more aggressive tune. I hope that Honda surprises us, but judging by the minimal changes to the base car, I'm skeptical.
There is more airflow in the front since the hood is longer now. So who knows what will go in it.

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
Well, well, well! Perhaps all AWD + DCT lovers will have the car they want?

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just giving everyone a minor update on the new CTR. I was just in a meeting and I cannot disclose a lot of information but the takeaway is that the new 2.0L turbo will have a power bump of ~25% so if we are lucky the high end we can see 350hp vs the low end of 325hp. Books open in fall 2022 for the 2023 model (Hatch and Si booking opens in fall this year as we are all aware, delivery in winter if not spring)

Keep your eyes peeled for any info HJP will release if not just be patient

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
Just giving everyone a minor update on the new CTR. I was just in a meeting and I cannot disclose a lot of information but the takeaway is that the new 2.0L turbo will have a power bump of ~25% so if we are lucky the high end we can see 350hp vs the low end of 325hp. Books open in fall 2022 for the 2023 model (Hatch and Si booking opens in fall this year as we are all aware, delivery in winter if not spring)

So, unless I’m misunderstanding what you’re saying, there will be no model releasing next year for the CTR?

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4

25% from Honda? ?

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)