• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
joking right?!?!
Maybe F1 should do away with all the track limit, or take a blind eye to flexie wings? As long "as there's a good driver behind the wheel, you can cheat a little on the time". Yeah, he's a great driver, wow! maybe put a V8 in there mate? :) Or maybe the tour de France should stop dope testing...all of them are great riders right? :) you're a joke! if official time is being kept, than it needs to be fair...
Easy, boy... while you are right that the rules are there for a reason, it was just a satirical post... hold the insults. ;)
Sponsored

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
Easy, boy... while you are right that the rules are there for a reason, it was just a satirical post... hold the insults. ;)
correct, I agree & will try to stop blasting these guy...

But let me point out that this person did dished out the insult first calling people " smart -ass car experts" and "plot speculations on minute details while totally missing any of the humongous pleasure of being able to enjoy and learn from Girolami's skills driving an FL5 "...

Look, had he just been nice and said something like, "man, check out the fancy footwork"...then I've would given this person a thumbs up. He suggest "smart-ass car experts" should forgo the rules and check out the fancy footwork; meanwhile, on a different thread, he/she is talking about the "rule"...

definitely no more insults, but imoji,
11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Sets New FWD Track Record at Nürburgring! 1682873700020

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
The Honda dealer does not know the difference yet, but I hope it has a shorter final drive and a higher turbo boost level. :)
& I hope you get the gearing too; what ever it is, I hope you get the exact one :D...
yea buddy! suspense is killing me tho :cry:

Rainy4s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VA WRX STI,
German Honda released the detail for Grade S, but there are no press releases or articles in the newsroom, and the configurator for Honda UK, FR, DE didn't get updated yet.
- Basically, all the info leaked by Carscoops is correct, and that's it, just like the name suggested, the S grade is just a trim with less equipment IMO, and the only paint it can choose is CW
- gearing is the same, the only difference in the spec sheet is the combined fuel economy, reduced to 8.1 L/100km, the minimum weight is the same too, 1.480kg with 75kg driver& luggage (no idea why, it's supposed to be less with all the things it deleted)

also I have no idea why the price increased so dramatically, 65,500 € ?
also, it cannot option the carbon and illumination package, which just the euro name for the JP Honda Access accessories or US accessories part.
Is that possible for you to confirm this thing with sales @CTR1633FK2

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Sets New FWD Track Record at Nürburgring! 1683951594667

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Sets New FWD Track Record at Nürburgring! 1683952082059

Last edited:

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FL5 Racing Blue Euro spec
Honda in NL does not know anything yet. Indeed, I am a bit disappointed in the specs of the S grade.

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
The S grade is nothing to be excited about. It's just Honda having to produce some because of Nurburgring. I can't think why anyone would pay a premium to get less other than some collector.

Xchax3

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP '23 Civic Type R #711
The S grade is nothing to be excited about. It's just Honda having to produce some because of Nurburgring. I can't think why anyone would pay a premium to get less other than some collector.
Exactly. It's only to "homologate" it or basically legitimize it as a worthy car to have beaten the record. Then again, the version of the Megane that did it was also super limited. This will keep happening over and over for the good headlines and marketing.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
…This will keep happening over and over for the good headlines and marketing.
No it won’t. The FL5 will not be beaten by another ICE, FWD, vehicle evarrrrrrr!!!!!🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Bottom line - the FL5 time , after correcting for distance is faster, probably about 5 seconds faster.
That said, if everyone has been clocking 20.6 kilometers, silly to now call 20.832 km as 'official'.
Doing the rough math, the extra distance at the average speeds driven for the laps, is worth about 4.9 second. So a 7:44 on the longer lap standard is equivalent to a 7:39 on the same course the FK8 needed 7:43 for. So the FL5 is a good 4 seconds faster than the FK8 on the 'Ring.
Or to look at it another way, the FL5 gains almost a second on the FK8 every 5 km.

So yes, it is faster. It would be pretty pathetic if it wasn't. And it is faster than the Megane.
And it was a more honest setup than some manufacturers have run.

So do I need to trade my FK8? Not exactly. I could definitely shave a lot more time off a lap just by...driving better. Or doing a tire and wheel swap (see Randy Pobst's video on that experiment).

Hey at least our FK8's can actually make it around the Nordschleiff. Most pure EV's will crap out way before 20 km if driven that fast. You can have them. Hybrids do well of course. Still heavier, but better torque curves.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I ordered the FL5 S grade at the local dealer. Not sure if I would get it. I am in Europe. :)
It's been a while and I wanted to circle back on this. Can you share any information on the Type R S Grade from your dealership such as cost, equipment, availability, etc.?

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FL5 Racing Blue Euro spec
It's been a while and I wanted to circle back on this. Can you share any information on the Type R S Grade from your dealership such as cost, equipment, availability, etc.?
I have no news yet. It will be around 6k euro more expensive. I am still on the waiting list.

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
I'm still a bit baffled about this lap. Did the car have the same dampers and springs/srping rates as the stock cars do? If so, there's no way it was run in +R suspension mode instead of Comfort, as everything I've read and seen from other tracks show Comfort to be the better suspension mode on tracks that aren't perfectly smooth, and the Nurburgring is far from that. Comfort suspension mode would be faster around the Nurburgring, so not sure how that car differs from stock or the Type R S
Sponsored