• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
I drove - not owned - just test drove the EVO IX and X and was blown away by the lighting fast dynamics. I had test driven the STI at that same time, great car, but the EVO seemed much sharper and more willing to turn. I am sure that sales person has recovered by now.
Not sure Toyota's GR Corolla is the spiritual successor to the EVO, but very sure it was a sad day when Mitsubishi discontinued their halo car.
Sponsored

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
I've driven a decent selection of cars and one of the very few I'd put up there with my modified NA Miata was an EVO XIII MR. Loved how it responded to aggressive turn-in and throttle applications.

rob495

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 Ariel Atom
I drove - not owned - just test drove the EVO IX and X and was blown away by the lighting fast dynamics. I had test driven the STI at that same time, great car, but the EVO seemed much sharper and more willing to turn. I am sure that sales person has recovered by now.
Not sure Toyota's GR Corolla is the spiritual successor to the EVO, but very sure it was a sad day when Mitsubishi discontinued their halo car.
Well I can't think of another car that offers a manual transmission, turbo, similar engine characteristics (low torque down at lower rpms, surges in the middle of the rev range, and tapers up top), high seating position, AWD, wide body, great brakes, a traditional handbrake, budget car interior, aluminum hood, good HP from bolt-on mods, and room for 4 with the exception of an STI which I believe has been discontinued. The Evo 8's and 9's were revolutionary for the time, mine had 130K on the odometer and I was reliably pushing 425 WHP when I sold it. Wish I kept it.

SKINNIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, 23' BB FL5
I wish I never sold my Evo X. 500whp of daily driven beatings for 2 years straight and never skipped a beat.
Sponsored