• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Yes I believe it will at the very least share the same suspension components. Think of the Integra Type S as essentially an automatic civic type R. In the same vein as how the current Integra is an automatic civic si, a shitty automatic but an automatic nonetheless.
Im sorry but thats a horrid thought- if its an auto - honestly F that.
Sponsored

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Im sorry but thats a horrid thought- if its an auto - honestly F that.
As much as I prefer manual, nothing wrong with a ZF 8 speed or DSG/PDK. CVT or some other shit auto then ya.

I WOULD LOVE to have a auto S and manual R. For wife and myself respectively.

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
As much as I prefer manual, nothing wrong with a ZF 8 speed or DSG/PDK. CVT or some other shit auto then ya.

I like where you're head's at. Wife has an S and you have R. That also means lots of parts sharing.

Regarding earlier mention about power output, yeah, I think it will be the same as R. I'm just guessing that it does t have the same aero and might have a tad extra weight and overall handling will be sacrificed a bit. Otherwise, I guess driving experience should be very close.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Allegedly the Integra Type S gets the 10 speed auto. If it does, it will make it just as fast or even faster than the Civic Type R in a straight line. Around a track the R will still have the advantage.
Everything about this is baseless and pure speculation.

My turn...

Indicators, indicate that it'll share the same power train as the NSX but obviously in reverse.

The electric motors will power the rear wheels while the twin turbo six will deliver the rest to the front. 600hp is the baseline but possibly more. ELS audio will be exclusive to the US. While in Japan and Europe the car the car will carry a Pontiac badge, reviving the GM subsidiary. Pontiac Vibe Type Ram Air. While strange, Honda has worked with GM in the past with the Saturn Vue Redline carrying a Honda V6 and more recently a joint venture in the electric car market. Expect Super Cruise.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Everything about this is baseless and pure speculation.

My turn...

Indicators, indicate that it'll share the same power train as the NSX but obviously in reverse.

The electric motors will power the rear wheels while the twin turbo six will deliver the rest to the front. 600hp is the baseline but possibly more. ELS audio will be exclusive to the US. While in Japan and Europe the car the car will carry a Pontiac badge, reviving the GM subsidiary. Pontiac Vibe Type Ram Air. While strange, Honda has worked with GM in the past with the Saturn Vue Redline carrying a Honda V6 and more recently a joint venture in the electric car market. Expect Super Cruise.
Any reasonable Honda fan would agree that his speculation is more likely to be true than yours. And it’s a fact that a bone-stock 10-speed 2.0T Accord is quicker than the FK8 CTR in a straight line.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R

Yeah I really don't see the point in the manual, only for heritage of the Integra but that ship has already sailed away.

An auto would be great, and would fall in line with the whole "premium Civic experience" that the Integra is going for

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Any reasonable Honda fan would agree that his speculation is more likely to be true than yours. And it’s a fact that a bone-stock 10-speed 2.0T Accord is quicker than the FK8 CTR in a straight line.

More likely than the Pontiac Vibe Type Ram Air? Forgive me if I have my doubts.

Save your alternative facts for your friends. FK8 is quicker, faster than an Accord 2.0T. I don't care if you're talking 0-60, 0-100, 1/4 mile the FK8 accomplishes it in less time.

On a more serious note... I like for people to have the option of manual or automatic. Honda makes excellent shifters so I will lean that way. To me it adds to the experience. However... I know crazy 0-60 times sell cars.

To me if a numb sports car experience with quick 0-60 was my jam.. I'd buy a Tesla. I like the idea of options best.

Last edited:

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Yeah I really don't see the point in the manual, only for heritage of the Integra but that ship has already sailed away.

An auto would be great, and would fall in line with the whole "premium Civic experience" that the Integra is going for
I have no issues with either transmission tbh.

My only issue is, if the choose an auto it better be a damn good auto. I get serious RoidRage (lol) when an auto doesn't do what I want it to. In most cases I need it to operate as closely to the ZF or a DCT.

I'm not sure Honda has an auto to that caliber though. But then again I have 0 experience with JDM autos.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
More likely than the Pontiac Vibe Type Ram Air? Forgive me if I have my doubts.

Save your alternative facts for your friends. FK8 is quicker, faster than an Accord 2.0T. I don't care if you're talking 0-60, 0-100, 1/4 mile the FK8 accomplishes it in less time.
I think it's a drivers race tbh. You're going to be more consistent in the accord. Assuming you launch each equally and shift the FK8 as intended, I would bet the FK8 would win in a 1/4. 1/8 mile I think might be a toss up tbh.

It's a drivers race more often than not in this example. But peak operating conditions I would be shocked if the FK8 lost in a 1/4 mile.

In the video example it seems to me the accord jumped and it's a 1/8 mile. Not the best reference IMO.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Ahh ok that makes sense, so I'm not crazy. What's your reasoning for choosing the S over the R. Curious, if its the same as mine.
The Type S will be easier to get, plus more technology while being just as fast or almost as fast as the Type R.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I think it's a drivers race tbh. You're going to be more consistent in the accord. Assuming you launch each equally and shift the FK8 as intended, I would bet the FK8 would win in a 1/4. 1/8 mile I think might be a toss up tbh.

It's a drivers race more often than not in this example. But peak operating conditions I would be shocked if the FK8 lost in a 1/4 mile.

In the video example it seems to me the accord jumped and it's a 1/8 mile. Not the best reference IMO.
It is an absolute horrible reference. Less time. Significantly faster trap. I mean come on. Internet is full of crazies.

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Waitlist / Deposit / Reservations List - Check in here! Screenshot_20220917-235940

Last edited:

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
The Type S will be easier to get, plus more technology while being just as fast or almost as fast as the Type R.
Why do you say easier to get? Do you think itll have mark ups?

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Why do you say easier to get? Do you think itll have mark ups?
I think he is referring to it being built in the US vs Japan, and that making it easier for the American consumer to find, than a JDM low volume special. Some have also said Acura needs sales and would be much more likely to sell at MSRP, but I’ll believe that when I see it.
Sponsored