• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
I’m so conflicted as this type s looks soooo good. It just looks aggressive.
Sponsored

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Pretty damn cool. All of this is good stuff. Maybe... Just maybe this just happens to be the right place at the right time. Or.. people are going out with a bang ICE wise.

I am excited about this and the CTR.

This will surely be built in NA right?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 FK7
I’m almost certain that this will be the last ICE Honda with the Nurburgring FWD record.

I still don’t know if it’ll be DCT or not, but at this point, it’s in the hands of the car journos to figure that out - DCT would contribute to a faster Ring time and would keep with the Type S’ philosophy.

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
I’m almost certain that this will be the last ICE Honda with the Nurburgring FWD record.

I still don’t know if it’ll be DCT or not, but at this point, it’s in the hands of the car journos to figure that out - DCT would contribute to a faster Ring time and would keep with the Type S’ philosophy.
Seems like these articles have already stated that the car will be manual only.

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
I'm not excited to see peoples reactions when the price is dropped, thinking that this is going to be an alternative to the CTR. This will have a 50k+ MSRP so all peoples complaints that exist with the CTR should in theory exist on the Integra. "50k puts you in a whole different level" blah blah blah.

Oh and those who don't think this will have a mark up because the regular Integras are sitting on the lots, good luck. The Integras 38k model is a decent car but the base models aren't that great with options, that's why they are sitting.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I'm not excited to see peoples reactions when the price is dropped, thinking that this is going to be an alternative to the CTR. This will have a 50k+ MSRP so all peoples complaints that exist with the CTR should in theory exist on the Integra. "50k puts you in a whole different level" blah blah blah.

Oh and those who don't think this will have a mark up because the regular Integras are sitting on the lots, good luck. The Integras 38k model is a decent car but the base models aren't that great with options, that's why they are sitting.
They're sitting cause they're overpriced. A $50k FWD manual only Integra will also be overpriced. There's a pretty small pool of buyers willing to pay $50k for a 6mT FWD car.

This would have been a huge hit with SH-AWD and optional DCT.

Like a lot of people in this thread, I think it looks cool, and I'm even happy with FWD and 6mT. But $50k? That's a lot of money.

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
They're sitting cause they're overpriced. A $50k FWD manual only Integra will also be overpriced. There's a pretty small pool of buyers willing to pay $50k for a 6mT FWD car.

This would have been a huge hit with SH-AWD and optional DCT.

Like a lot of people in this thread, I think it looks cool, and I'm even happy with FWD and 6mT. But $50k? That's a lot of money.
Right...the TLX-S is probably the better deal for 56k with the SH-AWD but even then a close to 60k price point for 355 HP isn't something to get overly excited about.

Cars are a preference, I don't judge anyone how they spend their money. What one might consider a waste of money might be a dream car for someone else. The main point I was trying to get through is that after all the complaining about the CTR and markups, it's unrealistic to think that this car is going to be a better bargain, or an alternative. It'll be a CTR with more luxurious options, therefore increasing the cost. Minimum of 5k more before markups, I'm leaning more towards 7k more.

ElDuder

First Name
El
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
My original question was about chassis rigidity, not suspension stiffness, so that's why I'm wondering if the Type S chassis will be stiffened compared to the base Integra or not.
No, the chassis likely won’t be more rigid. Why would they make it more rigid when the intent is a more street-centric car?

ElDuder

First Name
El
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Right...the TLX-S is probably the better deal for 56k with the SH-AWD but even then a close to 60k price point for 355 HP isn't something to get overly excited about.

Cars are a preference, I don't judge anyone how they spend their money. What one might consider a waste of money might be a dream car for someone else. The main point I was trying to get through is that after all the complaining about the CTR and markups, it's unrealistic to think that this car is going to be a better bargain, or an alternative. It'll be a CTR with more luxurious options, therefore increasing the cost. Minimum of 5k more before markups, I'm leaning more towards 7k more.
It won’t stop half of this board from attempting to finance for 8 years with a $500 down payment.