• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

ElDuder

First Name
El
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Yes the Type S will be stiffer by how much I have no idea, the Fl5 is stiffer than the other civic h/backs but again I'm not sure by how much @savagegeese would be better equipped to answer that one
If history holds true it won’t be stiffer than the Type R because Type S models are less hardcore and more comfortable for the street.

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
If history holds true it won’t be stiffer than the Type R because Type S models are less hardcore and more comfortable for the street.
My original question was about chassis rigidity, not suspension stiffness, so that's why I'm wondering if the Type S chassis will be stiffened compared to the base Integra or not.

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CBP Si Coupe
Type R chassis with softer dampers, wingless, and ELS audio? Need.
I bet msrp is 45k, splitting the Type R and a TLX aspec.

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
Type R chassis with softer dampers, wingless, and ELS audio? Need.
I bet msrp is 45k, splitting the Type R and a TLX aspec.
Likely better sound dampening, and leather seats, which will probably add to the weight increase, but im sure it'll be way more focused on luxury and comfort.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Likely better sound dampening, and leather seats, which will probably add to the weight increase, but im sure it'll be way more focused on luxury and comfort.
Per the engineers, the S is meant to generate an emotional reaction on the streets, "freak on the streets" appeal

All the reviews seem to state it achieved that on their 2 laps driving it. So I'm hoping it's more focused on being a blast on the streets vs track.

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
I can't believe how desirable I find this car. I was opposed to its very existence before it was officially revealed, because I didn't like the idea that Acura was in essence going to be releasing a copycat to the FL5. But this thing seems like a perfect daily. The FL5 would have been a garage queen for me; I'd drive this thing every day (and wouldn't even have qualms with parking it outside).

Will I get one? Probably not. Still too expensive for my tastes. But wow, good job, Acura.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I think it looks great but will you guys really pay $50k for a FWD car?

I suppose I might simply cause I’m not crazy about the competition if you insist on a 6mT. Family would probably appreciate the increased comfort.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
I think it looks great but will you guys really pay $50k for a FWD car?

I suppose I might simply cause I’m not crazy about the competition if you insist on a 6mT. Family would probably appreciate the increased comfort.
Aren't most people paying $50k+ for their type R? I thought $50k for a R was considered a win on here.

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
Per the engineers, the S is meant to generate an emotional reaction on the streets, "freak on the streets" appeal

All the reviews seem to state it achieved that on their 2 laps driving it. So I'm hoping it's more focused on being a blast on the streets vs track.
Oh true, that said I wonder if it'll have more aggressive street specific gear ratios so people stop crying over the FL5 roll race loss lol. That should DEF give the ITS the upper hand on the street. Its weird that they limited the top speed to 125mph for first impressions and did them on an oval though, considering the street focus I mean.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Oh true, that said I wonder if it'll have more aggressive street specific gear ratios so people stop crying over the FL5 roll race loss lol. That should DEF give the ITS the upper hand on the street. Its weird that they limited the top speed to 125mph for first impressions and did them on an oval though, considering the street focus I mean.
Can the FL5 hit 60 without shifting to 3rd? Apparently, the S hits 60 at the top of 2nd.

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
Can the FL5 hit 60 without shifting to 3rd? Apparently, the S hits 60 at the top of 2nd.
Yeah the FL5 hits 62 or 63 in 2nd, but if i recall correctly it was 3rd and 4th in the FK8 that walked the FL5, so I wonder if they made any changes to the higher gears.
Sponsored

Last edited: