• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Anyone know if this has the dual axis front suspension from the Type R? Is it safe to assume so?
IT will share the same suspension with the CTR but it will be tuned less for track duty and more for the street aka softer and more compliant.
Sponsored

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Wouldnt the S be built in the PMC (NSX build) factory in Marysville, Ohio? Not sure if volume production is something they do over there. Curious to know if it will get "special" treatment like the Type S PMC Edition. Now that the NSX is dead, these guys would need to build something other than the PMC only stuff.

In terms of holding value, anything ICE + Manual + special last edition of any kind made now moving into the EV era will hold and grow value IMO. Regardless if it is the R or the S.
PMC is going to be building Hydrogen CRVs, more than likely the ITS will be built in Ohio, not Japan. Japan doesn't have the capacity to support both cars at the moment.

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
IT will share the same suspension with the CTR but it will be tuned less for track duty and more for the street aka softer and more compliant.
Any insight on whether the Type S will have a stiffer chassis? Also I couldn't find this anywhere but is the FL5 chassis stiffer than the FL2? I know the GRC is significantly stiffer than the base Corolla Hatch but couldn't find any info on the FL5 vs base Civic.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Any insight on whether the Type S will have a stiffer chassis? Also I couldn't find this anywhere but is the FL5 chassis stiffer than the FL2? I know the GRC is significantly stiffer than the base Corolla Hatch but couldn't find any info on the FL5 vs base Civic.
Yes the Type S will be stiffer by how much I have no idea, the Fl5 is stiffer than the other civic h/backs but again I'm not sure by how much @savagegeese would be better equipped to answer that one

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Yes the Type S will be stiffer by how much I have no idea, the Fl5 is stiffer than the other civic h/backs but again I'm not sure by how much @savagegeese would be better equipped to answer that one
We have projects with Acura on the car. However we have been told nothing as of yet. But based on initial talks this will not be a Type R its going to have many of the same parts but the "sports" concept on the Japanese side is touring. So its very likely to be Type R lite.

As soon as I know more thats official I will share.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
We have projects with Acura on the car. However we have been told nothing as of yet. But based on initial talks this will not be a Type R its going to have many of the same parts but the "sports" concept on the Japanese side is touring. So its very likely to be Type R lite.

As soon as I know more thats official I will share.
If you had to throw out an educated guess, what parts from the R would be missing in the S?

I'm curious if the "Type R lite" is in reference to tuning/settings of the R hardware to be more compliant in the S or completely different less appealing hardware (such as less stiff sway bars for example).

From what I gather +R mode is all but useless in the real world (and on track many tracks) due to how jarring and stiff it is. If said tuning or settings is just softer but same hardware perse, I would consider this a win.

Ideally, I would prefer the S not to be an S3 version of the Golf R (in terms of parts used, etc).

Last edited:

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
I mean I would welcome a softer suspension, some heated seats, I know there won't be SH AWD.., but if its 300+ HP like they are saying, then I wouldn't mind waiting for one especially if these dealerships for the CTR aren't budging on ADM.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
I mean I would welcome a softer suspension, some heated seats, I know there won't be SH AWD.., but if its 300+ HP like they are saying, then I wouldn't mind waiting for one especially if these dealerships for the CTR aren't budging on ADM.
Agreed, if the R lite is simply more compliant version of the settings allowing +S mode to be usable on the street, this would be a selling point for me vs. a negative.

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
If you had to throw out an educated guess, what parts from the R would be missing in the S?

I'm curious if the "Type R lite" is in reference to tuning/settings of the R hardware to be more compliant in the S or completely different less appealing hardware (such as less stiff sway bars for example).

From what I gather +R mode is all but useless in the real world (and on track many tracks) due to how jarring and stiff it is. If said tuning or settings is just softer but same hardware perse, I would consider this a win.

Ideally, I would prefer the S not to be an S3 version of the Golf R (in terms of parts used, etc).
Yeah I'm also curious to know if it's just weight and suspension that would hold it back from being a "full-fat" Type R, because then coilovers would be an easy fix (weight would be a tougher fix, but I doubt most people would notice it).

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Yeah I'm also curious to know if it's just weight and suspension that would hold it back from being as fast as a Type R, because then coilovers would be an easy fix.
My thoughts exactly. I would easily just throw on some Ohlins or Fortunes to make it stiffer.

What I don't want is a ton of missing features and track capabilities.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but didnt some FL5 reviews state track times were better in comfort on some tracks?

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
One interesting theme I noticed in the drive reviews was that the media stated the S was more planted on higher speed straight away? Did anyone else catch that. More "confidence" is how they put it.

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
One interesting theme I noticed in the drive reviews was that the media stated the S was more planted on higher speed straight away? Did anyone else catch that. More "confidence" is how they put it.
Would assume that means it's less tuned for lift-off oversteer. Makes sense especially without downforce-generating aero to keep the car stable at high speeds.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Would assume that means it's less tuned for lift-off oversteer. Makes sense especially without downforce-generating aero to keep the car stable at high speeds.
Wait, Im saying the review say the S > R in terms of straight line stability. wouldn't downforce increase stability, aka the R > S in straight line stability.

I'm assuming what they tweaked in the S was much more oriented for straight line vs. corners.

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Wait, Im saying the review say the S > R in terms of straight line stability. wouldn't downforce increase stability, aka the R > S in straight line stability.
I guess what I mean is with the Type R, they can tune the rear end to be more twitchy for the corners, since at high speeds the aero would compensate and keep the car stable. On the Integra, they'd have to engineer the suspension to be more understeer-prone since there's no rear wing to keep the rear end planted at speed.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Boom. Loving it. Checking to see if I'm still first in line. Bye bye ASpec
Sponsored