• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
don't kill me, but this ITS may garner the same ADM as the FL5, if not more! :(
I doubt it. Acura is an American-centric brand, plus I'd bet these are being built in Ohio instead of Japan, so they'll probably crank a lot more out for the American market. We're also seeing a dynamic where the Si is being marked up a lot more than the base Integra in the states, and I can imagine that would translate forward. People are also probably buying Type Rs as "collectors' items", and I doubt they will expect the Integra Type S to hold value the same way.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
I doubt it. Acura is an American-centric brand, plus I'd bet these are being built in Ohio instead of Japan, so they'll probably crank a lot more out for the American market. We're also seeing a dynamic where the Si is being marked up a lot more than the base Integra in the states, and I can imagine that would translate forward. People are also probably buying Type Rs as "collectors' items", and I doubt they will expect the Integra Type S to hold value the same way.
Wouldnt the S be built in the PMC (NSX build) factory in Marysville, Ohio? Not sure if volume production is something they do over there. Curious to know if it will get "special" treatment like the Type S PMC Edition. Now that the NSX is dead, these guys would need to build something other than the PMC only stuff.

In terms of holding value, anything ICE + Manual + special last edition of any kind made now moving into the EV era will hold and grow value IMO. Regardless if it is the R or the S.

Last edited:

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Wouldnt the S be built in the PMC (NSX build) factory in Marysville, Ohio? Not sure if volume production is something they do over there. Curious to know if it will get "special" treatment like the Type S PMC Edition.

In terms of holding value, anything ICE + Manual + special last edition of any kind made now moving into the EV era will hold and grow value IMO. Regardless if it is the R or the S.
No, I think the TLX Type S is not built in the PMC factory (except specifically the PMC edition which costs a lot more). That's why I don't think it will be built in the PMC factory. However, I guess it is a possibility that now that NSX production has ended, they could switch entirely to the ITS? Plus there is no Acura brand in a lot of countries, so I'm betting the majority of Integra Type S's are going to be set aside for the US.

Also I do think there's a certain collectors' value for anything with the Type R badge. For us hardcore Honda enthusiasts we know that this new car is basically a reskinned FL5, but for a lot of people they just listen to the marketing message about how exclusive the Type R is. There's also an NSX Type S, MDX Type S, and TLX Type S so the Type S brand is a little more diluted.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
No, I think the TLX Type S is not built in the PMC factory (except specifically the PMC edition which costs a lot more). Plus there is no Acura brand in a lot of countries, so I'm betting the majority of Integra Type S's are going to be set aside for the US.
Acura is only sold in United States, Canada, Mexico, Panamá & Kuwait. With the NSX dead, PMC TLX Type S limited. That plant only has the hydrogen CRV currently listed for future builds. Not sure how that plant will maintain its capacity with so little vehicles coming out of there.

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Acura is only sold in United States, Canada, Mexico, Panamá & Kuwait. With the NSX dead, PMC TLX Type S limited. That plant only has the hydrogen CRV currently listed for future builds. Not sure how that plant will maintain its capacity with so little vehicles coming out of there.
Maybe the Honda Prologue will get built there? I would assume if the PMC is going to shift over to EVs eventually, maybe they'll start with some other Honda EVs first?

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
Local Acura dealer has two people already on their 1k non refundable deposit waitlist so far. MSRP + 2,995 in accessories.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
Maybe the Honda Prologue will get built there? I would assume if the PMC is going to shift over to EVs eventually, maybe they'll start with some other Honda EVs first?
It has to, if it wants to qualify for the EV credits.

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Local Acura dealer has two people already on their 1k non refundable deposit waitlist so far. MSRP + 2,995 in accessories.
People are putting down non-refundable deposits based on a few articles about a prototype??

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
That's not terrible TODAY but this summer? Not so sure. Car market is starting to slide downwards.

I'll be honest, if I was offered a CTR today for MSRP +$3k in accessories (that I am sure are worth pennies) I would probably buy.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
People are putting down non-refundable deposits based on a few articles about a prototype??
Pretty bold for sure, but I think we know what to expect for the most part coming from the FL5. Obviously going to be differences, but the we kind of know what to expect. Hell many of us put deposits on the FL5 proto lol

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Who knows man… any idea if the MDX and TLX Type S usually have markups?
They did when they just came out but the MDX Type S can be had for MSRP all day, the TLX you will have to do a lil more digging but just pit one dealership against the other and you're golden
Sponsored