• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

hwheels

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Sport 6MT (sold while waiting for FL5)
Contacted my local Acura dealer - 1st on the “list” for the ITS.

FWIW, the were very intent on me being local to buy the car
Sponsored

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Sir having the mustang and CTR is a pretty good garage on itsefl!
Very true, I shouldn't be so ungrateful. It will be very exciting to have the two side by side. It'll be one my proudest accomplishments in life

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
Why can't Acura just put out a 6mT with SH AWD. I would upgrade my Rsx Type s in a heart beat.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit

I’m just not sure what kind of buyer Acura is going for besides the millennials that grew up with a 90s Integra. I don’t see this car bringing in new customers.

Quite a few unhappy FL5 shoppers at the front and back of the waitlist who are disgusted by dealer markups. Next summer, when they're presented with two choices:

1.) A hardcore FL5 with markup and long wait time and no choice of color
or
2.) A more compliant ITS (same engine w/ 6MT) at MSRP and choice of color

MSRP for both cars should be about the same because their respective equipment costs should cancel out as most ITS upgrades are just "downgrades" from the FL5:

FL5 bucket seats --> ITS pleather seats
FL5 rear spoiler --> ITS lip spoiler + seat heaters + fog lights
FL5 firmer suspension --> ITS IVH reduction, softer suspension
FL5 LogR --> ITS better sound system

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Quite a few unhappy FL5 shoppers at the front and back of the waitlist who are disgusted by dealer markups. Next summer, when they're presented with two choices:

or

MSRP for both cars should be about the same because their respective equipment costs should cancel out as most ITS upgrades are just "downgrades" from the FL5:

Acura dealers aren’t dumb and will most likely mark up the ITS just like the CTR. Everyone knows it’s just a “CTR under the hood”.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Acura dealers aren’t dumb and will most likely mark up the ITS just like the CTR. Everyone knows it’s just a “CTR under the hood”.
Acura dealerships are among the worst performing brands out there. I think they are bottom 3-5 auto brands in terms of total revenue.

They are DYING to build a clientele portfolio. I'd imagine they would be happy to sell you a ITS at MSRP if it meanz future prospects IMO. You shouldn't have too much of an issue finding a MSRP ITS.

Let alone next year is going to be probably the worst we have seen since 2008 (if not worse).

Xchax3

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP '23 Civic Type R #711

or

Mark my words, this MSRP only thing that everyone is talking about with Acura dealers: is going to change. I hope not but this is the most hyped Acura.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
I wouldn’t be surprised if Honda produces less ITS than CTR. The market is smaller for the ITS. I believe most Acura dealers will mark it up. Who doesn’t like free money?

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
I wouldn’t be surprised if Honda produces less ITS than CTR. The market is smaller for the ITS. I believe most Acura dealers will mark it up. Who doesn’t like free money?
Honda likes money too, and they maximize their profits by selling as many cars as possible at MSRP. The markup almost entirely benefits only the dealers.

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru

The TLX Type S is about 15k more than the base TLX. Keep in mind the base TLX is fwd and the TLX Type S is AWD so the gap between base Integra and ITS could be smaller with both being FWD, but even using 15k, that gets us to 46k for the ITS.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Honda likes money too, and they maximize their profits by selling as many cars as possible at MSRP. The markup almost entirely benefits only the dealers.
Honda can’t even produce enough of their bread and butter cars. I don’t see them trying to pump out more CTR and sacrifice their bread and butter models. It’s not like CTR is built in its own factory.

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Honda can’t even produce enough of their bread and butter cars. I don’t see them trying to pump out more CTR and sacrifice their bread and butter models. It’s not like CTR is built in its own factory.
CTR is built in Japan, with the vast majority of cars going to the Japanese market right now. Meanwhile there's plenty of Integras sitting at dealers in the US right now. I think it'll be a very different dynamic, especially since the ITS probably won't be sold outside of the US and Canada.

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
Depending on the MSRP, and assuming I can get it at MSRP, I might be interested. I’m even considering FK8s after swearing that I’d never get one.
Sponsored