• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Well damn it’s here, from Halifax port apparently. I’ll probably pick it up in Jan once the winter tires are installed and it’s ready to go.

IMG_0408.jpeg
noooo way your landed ...congraaats...see i knew it was a good sign lately alot are trickling in...feels like 24 is our year most of us got ours really don't know who is out there with a 23 ....they are only a handful that are active in the community

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Here's a better one lol

1703212959892.png

Appears to be a flip....

I recall @sam3r_11 saying that he may have to sign a document saying he wasn't going to flip, did you have to do that? I saw your post on the facebook group, congrats again!
i dont think it is a thing....i think my dealer just before they told me that my car is here mentioned a waiver ...when they saw that i am ok to sign a waiver of no resell for 2 years ....they never mentioned it again...i think that's their discretion....perhaps they wanted to sell it to someone who appreciates it not a flipper considering there are lots of people real enthusiasts after this car....my dealership overall was super nice

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
so yeah officially joined the R club this week....i picked her up from thunder bay ontario, Gore Motors were fantastic....they told me they are only getting one and promised it to me and they delivered....did not push any accessories or warranties or anything onto me...everything in the car are things i asked for and actually got and was charged actual price cost msrp whatever you wanna call it

also huge shout out to @Unity Performance for the SuperSpeed wheels...I ordered with Humza super smooth process and he threw in free lug nuts...I asked him to ship em to Thunder Bay to Kal Tire where i had my PA5s ordered with Kal

when i got into town the wheels were there, the tires were there Kal had already mounted and balanced ...next morning i went to Gore Motors picked up the car did the paperwork and i was on my way

Epic drive ...i am currently pitting and figured i'd share some snaps with you guys...

damn it pics are too big for the forum...ok will upload screenshots should be smaller

Whoever is waiting on one...just hang on this car is worth it

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want Screenshot_20231222-154103

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want Screenshot_20231222-154058

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want Screenshot_20231222-154049

Last edited:

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
Congrats, looking good! They caught me a bit off guard haha, a lot to get done before pickup. Once everything is approved, I’ll start ordering wheels and all the other stuff I’ll need for the car.

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
i think you and I will have the same experience... if i recall correctly you're out west and the car is all the way east... so you might have to do what i did as describes earlier... but i somewhat got lucky and all the stars aligned including weather... if it's really bad weather you might have to ship or do 5 to 8 hr trips ... why i say that is because you will not resist the urge to carve corners even when rpm is anywhere between 3-4 k

best of luck and keep us posted the hard part is done and the car is finally here

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
No that’s someone else I think, I got lucky, car arrived in Halifax port and I live in Halifax. They actually took the car 150km away from me to the dealership, which I’ll be picking up hopefully in Jan. But still a bit to do, I don’t even know which winter wheels to buy, but I think I narrowed it down to a few Enkei tuning models, probably TS-7 in matte bronze. After that, I need to order the basic stuff, mats, and a few other things and book appt for xpel/ceramic.

we also need to sell our older suv lol. But thank god for clutch in NS. They actually offer pretty decent price to buy your car, no need to mess with private sales.

but it is Xmas so nothing will be done until next week ;) I don’t mind the wait though, I’d rather have it all ready before the day of pickup.

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
oh sweet ... oh thanks for reminding me i gotta get the matts ...i just got booked for ppf this weekend ... have you looked into superspeed wheels they are Canadian and i am loving them so far they also gave a style similar to the ts7
yepp don't rush it better prepare and plan ahead of time